Downloaded new DS 4.15 and now I have to reload everything into DS

I recently downloaded DS 4.15, using all the defaults I thought, but when I look at this new download I find that nothing is indicated as installed in the content pane. 

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be doing this. 

I had a lot of stuff loaded into my previous DS, and I thought it would simply be there installed in the new download of DS.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197

It's the same release channel (general release or Public Build)? The files are missing in the Daz Studio Formats list, as well as in tbe database-driven Categories and Products views? Have you checked that the settings in Content Directory Manager (from the Content Library option menu or from Edit>Preferences>Content tab) match the install locations?

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

Hi Richard,

The alphabetic listing of all my bought products are there, but I have to R click on each and choose Install to actually install the item.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

Bendinggrass said:

Hi Richard,

The alphabetic listing of all my bought products are there, but I have to R click on each and choose Install to actually install the item.

That means you are installing them to yet another location. 

So this is the same systrem, the previous version of DS was finding the content, you switched to the new version in the same release channel, and it is failing to find the installed content?

Richard Haseltine said:

So this is the same systrem, the previous version of DS was finding the content, you switched to the new version in the same release channel, and it is failing to find the installed content?

Yes, Richard. I believe that is the case. I did not change the defaults. 

Is the content still where it was, including the drive letter?

Sorry for the delay.

I am having computer trouble and will answer when I can get that info.