Davo Appreciation Thread

MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
edited May 2012 in The Commons

So I was most active in the Davorama F.V.C.S. appreciation threads on the old forums.. Any chance they will get a revival on this board? there were like 500 or 600 pages of posts between them all....

Hold the phone, I just hit preview and it didn't let me post an image to the thread. Seriously? at DAZ? WTH?

Post edited by MADMANMIKE on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yes, there's a problem with images at the moment. They're working on it (and avatars and several other features) as fast as they can.

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Well, Super. Can't wait for the normalcy to return.

edited December 1969

Alright, let's try this out!

for the full image go here: LINK Likewise at that link you'll find links to three more images of the build.

sraj_shuttle_01_by_madmanmike-d4u8xl6.jpg
    600 x 470 - 291K
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Very nice little build! Great renders too.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I was really happy with this one. I've created a lot of transparency maps to make the interior work which was a fun challenge.

-Mike <8]</p>

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

is it the artist Davo or what does davo mean?

• edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    is it the artist Davo or what does davo mean?

Yes. It refers to this artist. I don't think the Flight Vehicle Construction Kit is still available at DAZ, but you can get it at powerfusion3d.com.

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited May 2012

Davo or Davorama depending on the site you are on.

Don't make me break out the Slurm..;)

The Soda Machine is from the Facade Set here.

normal_liamredux2.jpg
    400 x 343 - 48K
    Post edited by Lilliana on
  • MapperMapper Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I'll drink to that =)

edited December 1969

Lilliana said:
    Davo or Davorama depending on the site you are on.

Don't make me break out the Slurm..;)

The Soda Machine is from the Facade Set here.

i know him from the site the name is "DAVO" :red:

• edited December 1969

I haven't bought a ton of Davo's stuff, but what I like what I've gotten so far...

...that is, I like what I've bought and have been able to install correctly...*AHEM*...DAZ...

SFCS2 and the ShardWeapons packages seem to have DAZ's older installer software that strangely doesn't seem to work. I've downloaded and tried to get them to go multiple times. And yes, I'm downloading the PC file, not the Mac one. No dice.

Why use installer programs at all? Why not just let users downloaded ZIP files like they have at Renderosity and RuntimeDNA? I just spent 50 dollars on something that I can get --ZERO-- use out of, thanks to the gay installer software.

I'd really like to have the product...my paying your asking price should tell you that. I don't want a refund, but if you're incapable of delivering it to me via your online distribution system then I'm afraid it's no sale, and I'll need my money back.

edited December 1969

yungturk said:
    I haven't bought a ton of Davo's stuff, but what I like what I've gotten so far...

...that is, I like what I've bought and have been able to install correctly...*AHEM*...DAZ...

SFCS2 and the ShardWeapons packages seem to have DAZ's older installer software that strangely doesn't seem to work. I've downloaded and tried to get them to go multiple times. And yes, I'm downloading the PC file, not the Mac one. No dice.

Why use installer programs at all? Why not just let users downloaded ZIP files like they have at Renderosity and RuntimeDNA? I just spent 50 dollars on something that I can get --ZERO-- use out of, thanks to the gay installer software.

I'd really like to have the product...my paying your asking price should tell you that. I don't want a refund, but if you're incapable of delivering it to me via your online distribution system then I'm afraid it's no sale, and I'll need my money back.

had the same problem with other products. It is a known issue at daz that the old installers (with daz logo in it) not work and has something to do with the new site and they try to fix it BUT I can`t understand why they don`t mark these products temporarily as not working until they have fixed it. So nobody has trouble.
    A guy in another thread have found the reason it seems and have posted what he has done to make them running. here is the link with the example:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217/

I have made the same suggestion with the zips. Not only zips but that you can choose between zips or installer. Daz I think has installers so that is easy for beginners you know, just download, double click and that was it. (if it works)

edited December 1969

My experience with DAZ is that if a file doesn't work, I call them (with an actual phone, it's old timey but it works) and they gladly email me a zip of the raw files.

Now back to the topic at hand, here's another of my more recent Davo builds; full resolution can be found at:

http://madmanmike.deviantart.com/art/Triax-Hover-Truck-292073105

triax_hover_truck_by_madmanmike-d4tw51t.jpg
    600 x 416 - 312K
  • DavoramaDavorama Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Madman, those are some awesome assemblies! Thanks for sharing.

I was just made aware that some installers weren't working properly last week for older items. I wouldn't understand why they don't work, was there an explanation given? In the mean time, if anybody has any issues, please contact me at:

[email protected]

I'll see what I can do to help out.

Cheers,
    Davo

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Can you guess?

NosA.jpg
    800 x 600 - 112K
    NOSC.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    NOSB.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
  • RobArts MediaRobArts Media Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Excellent Nostromo, DzFire!

edited December 1969

I was going to Guess Nostromo but someone beat me to it :-( Very nice job!

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Davorama, are any of your older items still on sale anywhere? I tried to check on powerfusion but the site seems to be down right now.

I'd never seen some of those models until this thread popped up, and I do love my scifi.

edited December 1969

Powerfusion3d is going through a store software upgrade right now. It may be a few more days before it's up and running. The flight vehicle, ground vehicle and capital ships are all there plus some kit bashable battle tanks, shuttles, speed bikes and more :-)

edited December 1969

Man, I still have fun playing with these sets. Nice call everyone

edited May 2012

These are older models, but man, they sure do work for me building some custom vehicles for quick scenes. I'd be all for somebody making some bump mapping for them I did this as a test for one of the capital ships.
    I added the bump mapping ad texture as an alternate so it blends with the original texture.

Image removed do to image size. Please review this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Davorama said:
    Powerfusion3d is going through a store software upgrade right now. It may be a few more days before it's up and running. The flight vehicle, ground vehicle and capital ships are all there plus some kit bashable battle tanks, shuttles, speed bikes and more :-)

Thanks, I'll check it out in a few days when the site is back up. If they are all as good as the images in this thread I'll have to get them all I guess :)

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

Around five years ago I was involved in a project to create five Mechs for sale. Each Mechs was to come with a PDF document. The project fell thru. These are some the render from the PGFs.

MAV03.jpg
    600 x 600 - 57K
    notwo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 62K
    Noone.jpg
    600 x 600 - 60K
    edited December 1969

They look good

edited December 1969

Here's Mech Unit 1

turret.jpg
    600 x 600 - 55K
    baseunit03.jpg
    600 x 600 - 67K
    baseunit02.jpg
    600 x 600 - 60K
    Baseunit01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 44K
    mav01_2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 92K
    edited December 1969

Here's more

MAV01_7.jpg
    600 x 600 - 77K
    mav01_5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 83K
    MAV01_4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 73K
    Turret03.jpg
    600 x 550 - 30K
    turret02.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
    edited December 1969

Last one for tonite

LEG01D.jpg
    600 x 600 - 89K
    LEG01C.jpg
    600 x 600 - 93K
    LEG01B.jpg
    600 x 600 - 65K
    LEGO1A.jpg
    600 x 600 - 57K
    MAV01_8.jpg
    600 x 600 - 69K
  • XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Greycat said:
    Last one for tonite

Nice stuff!

And....that's a lot of construction info. ;-)

I know some diehard F.V.C.S. fans want to know everything but doesn't it add a lot of extra effort when you've already finished your craft? - Or do you do the parts-list as you go along?

edited December 1969

XOTT said:
    Greycat said:
    Last one for tonite

Nice stuff!

And....that's a lot of construction info. ;-)

I know some diehard F.V.C.S. fans want to know everything but doesn't it add a lot of extra effort when you've already finished your craft? - Or do you do the parts-list as you go along?

From 2004 when first purchased the FVCS set to 2008 the last time I make anything with it, I created over 50 vehicles. As I said, the information on how to construct the Mech was from a project I was working on that didn’t pan out. I posted them here in hopes that they inspire someone. All I have left is the renders I made back then, since stop using Poser years ago and they won’t load into DAZ studio.

ICL04.jpg
    600 x 600 - 50K
    ICL03.jpg
    600 x 600 - 76K
    ICL02.jpg
    600 x 600 - 59K
    ICL.jpg
    600 x 600 - 66K
    edited December 1969

Here's the rest

ICL08.jpg