Amazing Skins For Genesis 2 Females and For Genesis 2 Males [Commercial]

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2014

One goof I did, I inadvertently clicked the Victoria 6 HD preset, not the regular Victoria 6 one. I don't have Victoria 6 HD, so obviously it kicked an error code. You at least need the base figure, for the preset to load the map/mat's for the figure preset cricket in the Amazing skins folders.

You know what?!
    I'm just realising that if you press "skip" "skip" "skip" then maybe it allows you to catch the parameters I used for the corresponding V6 HD (the HSV, SSS and specular ones) and apply it to your figure without changing YOUR initial maps (because DAZ being not able to swap the maps, it will keep the ones you have).
    I've had a new look and normally there should be a thumb in folder 7 saying "owning the corresponding figure is required". I hope DAZ has not removed it!

I hope it will solve his problem, for now I have seen many people and even beginners handling the product understanding it well. I made so many efforts to organise it clearly, I hope it was enough...
    I have to quit you, there is a kind of huge huge storm outside, I'm gonna unplugg my PC if I don't want it to burn with my next projects :)

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • Grafx StudioGrafx Studio Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

I see where I made my mistake. I must have clicked on the Victoria HD preset instead of Victoria 6. Since I was told that you have to own the original. My bad.
    Grafx Studio

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

... out of curiosity, what was the original skin mat used before using Amazing skins?

It's the standard M6 texture
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited October 2014

Grafx Studio, don't feel bad, I've made that mistake at least a few times now. I need to read instead of clicking on the first "V" tone that ketches my eye.

Jabba101, coolness, that is a drastic difference if M6 is like M5 at all. I have M5 and D5 from former sails, I think my first 6 will be Lee, possibly. D6 is a strong contender. That will be next month tho.

I was hoping to have another angle on Amazing skins started this morning, and that hasn't happened. "O" well. The thought there is all these figures that require specific lighting and render gamma settings to look anything like the promo pics. Well now there is an easier way to make them look like there supposed to, even with common lighting in a crowd of people. And at the same time, I hope to begin exploring possibilities working with color tattoos for all them fae figures out there.

And yes, saving the figure (outfit and all) as a scene subset dose save the Amazing skin shader settings, unlike the cloth smoothing on/off thing. (edited a typo)

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

I see where I made my mistake. I must have clicked on the Victoria HD preset instead of Victoria 6. Since I was told that you have to own the original. My bad.
    Grafx Studio

Absolutely no problem Grafx :) On the contrary this king of feedback only can help me improving my work. For instance reading all of you, I tell to myself that maybe I could have created another depth of subfolder dedicated to each and only one figure. Because loading V6HD instead of V6, I also made the mistake...

Jabba101 said:
    It's the standard M6 texture
    ... Now that I know it I manage to recognise him... Now that I know ...

Grafx Studio, don't feel bed, I've made that mistake at least a few times now. I need to read instead of clicking on the first "V" tone that ketches my eye.

Jabba101, coolness, that is a drastic difference if M6 is like M5 at all. I have M5 and D5 from former sails, I think my first 6 will be Lee, possibly. D6 is a strong contender. That will be next month tho.

I take any opportunity to give new tips : There is one thing you can do when applying the amazing skins on Genesis "1", it is that when you have applyed the shaders of folder 6 respectively on the skins and the eyes (with the corresponding surface names), then you can just save it as a material preset. You see 1) how to apply on D5 here http://youtu.be/HGERXseV63E

Now how to save : I show of to save a skin for fast re-use, in this video http://youtu.be/Jw6zERDkd5s at exactly 6 minute 04 from the start. Then once it is saved, you never have to set it up again, you can just re-apply, tweak if you want, and save your tweaked skin. And if you right click on it and save as custom action, you even never have to browse to it again.
    D5 has always been my favourite, I really wait for a D6 now!

......Well now there is an easier way to make them look like there supposed to, even with common lighting in a crowd of people. And at the same time, I hope to begin exploring possibilities working with color tattoos for all them fae figures out there.

And yes, saving the figure (outfit and all) as a scene subset dose save the Amazing skin shader settings, unlike the cloth smoothing on/off thing.

Yes while making Amazing Skins, I remembered a lot of how much I was frustrated during the first months on DAZ, on that time I was forced to go on lux and octane to render nicely, and I thought of all the beginners which were like me then, probably frustrated not to obtain nice quality people renders. That's why I included the full ready to render scenes, as well as the lights separately, the floor and background prop, and the possibility to load either ready to render or to build a new scene with the included elements. I hope it will prevent some early users from stopping DAZ because they are under the impression what they have is not what they bought.

Concerning the tattoo, I thought about that during the last days.
    Black tattoo will remain black because of the way value is handled, and the more the value (less black) increases, the more you will see the color variation. White tattoos can remain almost white because of the way saturation is handled. If you just adjust the skin tones in a reasonable range, then the tattoo color change should remain fine. You see that on two of Les render on the gallery :
    black tattoo http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/37534
    color tatto : http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/37532
    There are some tricks about tattoo management I thought about, without finding time to test right now.
    First your Hue change is mapped. So what I would have tried is open the tattoo image map in gimp or photoshop fill it with grey or black on the pattern (depending on the relative amount of color change you want to keep), white outside of the pattern, save as jpg, place it in one of my permanent runtime, and load it as the strength of the color change. Then you can manage how much the color change applies on the tattoo.
    I show you 2 images, one with black "Zarcon forever" over white, and one with black over white.

Mapped2.JPG
    1241 x 477 - 97K
    Mapped1.JPG
    1225 x 564 - 110K
  • Gothic ShadowGothic Shadow Posts: 35
    edited September 2014

I put up two photos to compare to each other. The first one does not have amazing skins. The second one does have amazing skins. I am sorry I couldn't find my first photo that I shared here with amazing skins. This is because I have a few skins that look very similar with the same names. This is why I made a new render for comparison. I used the 03 warm pink tone 1 preset for the amazing skin render.

I do want to note I believe I accidentally changed the color of the eyes in the second render sorry about that. I was messing with the render and changed to much accidentally I tried to correct the mistake so I went back to what I thought I had before. After I posted both renders here I just realized the eye color seems different. So sorry about that.

Edited: had to add something.

The_day_at_the_beach_with_amazing_skins.png
    1280 x 984 - 1M
    The_day_at_the_beach.png
    1280 x 984 - 1M
    Post edited by Gothic Shadow on
    edited September 2014

Incy, I Liking the renders, very good results.

Kadix, Glad to see you made it threw the storm with minimal grief.

Applying Masks for the tattoos, why did I not think of that. I've played with Opacity maps quite a bit at this point, and yet... That works. Those are Amazing pics you found in the gallery. Am curios if the artist used tattoo masks, or just passed it straight threw Amazing skins with no masks.
    :coolsmile: "Zarcon forever'. Misspelling of Zirconium from d&d days, another epoch ago, lol.

As for the directories, It's a mater of paying attention to whet were clicking, lol. If the directory tree gets to deep (or to full for that mater, multi-page scrolling), it can become an unpleasant adventure to get to anything.

My ramblings, I spent all day yesterday making gray-scale cloth maps, and adjusting my gray-box to not be so boring to look at. The end result is still rather plain, tho it should be far more Photo neutral, for using Amazing skins. All lights are White (255r 255g 255b), and ALL surfaces are true gray-scale (except the color balance cubes on the sides). I probably should have gone with a more mid-gray for the cloths, as this is far more Gothic looking, then I generally like to work with.

From left to right is FW Eve, Saiyaness Ziva, EJ Leilani, and Nidale. No Amazing Skins yet, making them look like there promo pics without the custom lights is the goal.
    (EDIT)
    "Zircons forever", that has a geologic sound to it that I like, lol.
    (Edit2) replaced render with significantly corrected lighting.
    (Edit3) added Nidale.

01LineupCards1002.jpg
    1600 x 520 - 553K
    20140907c_AmzSkins01021cam14_001.jpg
    1800 x 1000 - 1M
    edited September 2014

Incy, thanks for sharing, go on with the good job!

zarcondeegrissom,
    Ahah! Nice Goal you have.. And suddenly I discovered the shoes they were wearing and I almost fall off my chair!
    For the tattoos I meant use the strength of the the hue change for preventing the tattoo to change color. For really creating tattoos it would not be fine since there is no possible variation of the value "lightness" of it. But to adjust the amplitude of the color change on the tattoo or to avoid it then this is fine.

On my side, I checked two things : Lara Croft was Amazing Skins compatible. Ok this is obvious. But.. Raw "Apes" are compatible too :)

Zircons Forever!

Nowsmal.jpg
    660 x 840 - 474K
    Forest-RaiderVsmall.jpg
    1239 x 2000 - 414K
    edited December 2014

StreetWear Sneakers For V6, and Wachiwi outfit moccasins, lol. yea I got a chuckle from that. Flop-flops and high-heals just don't work for that.

Another major issue, is when you get a set of preliminary lights that look good for one figure, they tend not to work well for others. I made a 1ft cube primitive, and placed a color chart on it, to adjust the lights back to normal in my gray box. The lights were from a project with Nidale for Olympia 6, resulting in them being way to bright for almost everyone else. I think I'm going to redo the former post's images, and include Nidale, and put them color-scale-cubes back in the center of the floor.

_ColorDeapth3008sml1.png
    200 x 200 - 2K
    edited December 1969

StreetWear Sneakers For V6, and Wachiwi outfit moccasins, lol. yea I got a chuckle from chat. Flop-flops and high-heals just don't work for that.

Another major issue, is when you get a set of preliminary lights that look good for one figure, they tend not to work well for others. I made a 1ft cube primitive, and placed a color chart on it, to adjust the lights back to normal in my gray box. The lights were from a project with Nidale for Olympia 6, resulting in them being way to bright for almost everyone else. I think I'm going to redo the former post's images, and include Nidale, and put them color-scale-cubes back in the center of the floor.

First time I see such a cube. I mean in a DS scene, not in my life of course (I used to be a colorimetry expert in a major company and colorimetry teacher in engineering schools). But I'd like to understand exactly what you're trying to do. Make all the skins look similar and/or react to same way to light?
    With the base shaders provider with figures or with amazing skins? With the base shader provided I could not help, but for Amazing Skins I can help you with that since in the initial products specifications I wanted constrained to, I had "be able to harmonize different figures skins in a same scene". It came from a complaint I had heard before, that when people were mixing figure they did not render the same.

edited September 2014

The cube is kind of a self-help thing, for setting up lights. This time well, while testing new instals of daz3d stuff, one of the Lilith pro pack textures washed out under lights that made Nidale look like the promos. This is not the first time that has happened to me, and in the past I had to just pack up one of the figures and use a different one. Not now that there is Amazing Skins, and your excellent tutorial vids (Many others did get me started in the surface tab).

Just looking at the render vs the Promo pics above (or below) the figure in that post...
    FW Eve, I don't know, that is way more then just darker skin.
    Saiyaness Ziva, and EJ Leilani, needs to be darkened a bit.
    Nidale, needs to be lightened.

I'll just need to sit down watch the vids that I neglected watching again, and just fiddle with the settings in Amazing Skins. After the ARES training net tonight. http://www.arrl.org/ares
    (edit)
    I think I'll need to load FWart's light preset for her (if I can find it, I never looked before), and revers engineer the settings into a general "Undo of sorts" set of numbers for amazing skins. It almost looks like the promos are using the "V4 EliteTexture: Natasha" instead of the more Hue intense Eve mats???
    http://www.daz3d.com/v4-elitetexture-natasha
    (EDIT2)
    Pleas don't think I am in any way unhappy with the figures, I just want to use them in the same scene under the same lighting.

edited September 2014

Hi Zircons forever ;)
    I thought of you this morning. I told to myself that what you did could be needed by a lot of people, and I wanted to make a short "how to". In 9 minutes you will see how to match, and that Hue is often not the key parameters for the map. In the image below, Hue is maintained, only saturation and value of aiko skins change. I wish I could have made a longer presentation, because there are much more things to say after that, but I really really do have to work on my next projects... This should help you to start fast and tune efficiently:

Demo : Figures color matching.
    The principle concerning how to match in a few steps 2 different figures skin colors (example based on the very bright Aiko and very dark Gianni). Duration 9 minutes
    Included :
    - Load, pose and add lights
    - Pick up the right color in the shader mixer using external software (shown on photoshop, but can be on the free Gimp, or with standalone color picker tools)
    - Adjust saturation and Value of Aiko to match Saturation and Value of Gianni skin. And this is done.
    Please note : When changing Hue preprocess, not shown here, you may have to slightly readjust Saturation and Value after that, but the principle is exactly the same as shown in the demo. Good luck, have fun and be creative.
    Link
    http://youtu.be/sSAc0c5c9kI

MAtch.jpg
    1200 x 536 - 85K
    edited December 1969

thank you very much, very informative video. My brain-dead moment about contrast vs hue, lol. I really enjoyed all the cool renders and stuff here from everyone. I look forward to the next project results Kadix, and have some fun with that.

Now I must attend to stuff I neglected in my excitement here, like dishes, vacuuming, and the overflowing recycle bin I need to take out, lol.

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

Here's a skin test I did. Amazing Skins was applied to everything in the scene. Genesis 2, the hair, the dress, and even the flowers. Everything but the skin is stock skin part shader added. I did however tweak the skin settings extensively on genesis 2.

Skin_Test.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 371K
    edited December 1969

I was curious if the shader adjuster would work on stuff other then skin, like stone, cloths, hair, etc. That is amazing 3dTox.

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

The skin shader works great on just about any item, I've tested it on the horse, cat, dragon, various objects. Of course some of the other shaders work better than the skin parts one for some objects. It just takes tweaking to get right.

edited December 1969

That's understandable from the point of view of "best at one" or "master of none". Different shaders are best at specific things, The amazing Skins (shader/shader-add-on) is probably optimized for skin.

I'm still amazed it worked so well for the cloths and hair.

edited September 2014

:) I was sure Iwas going to have news one day concerning their "off-skin" usage.

Yes I did not want to make a too long product description, and the base product was already doing so much things (material applier, full material presets, sub- properties presets, full ready to render scenes, lights, base outfit and prop, shader versions) that it was very hard for me to give a synthetic vision of it.

Now if I had told people to furthermore, they could apply them on dragons, animals in general, hair, furniture, skydomes (I was often frustrated that the skydomes were not the color I needed. Now they are), walls (on my image of "the ape" on the previous page, the wall was too bright, hop, 1. add amazing skin, 2. reduce the value and hop, the wall was not too bright any more), outfits, and many other things, I would have totally blurred the message about what the amazing skins are.
    Amazing skins shader version has been optimized for skins, but yes, works on a huge lot of object which allows you to change the colors and specular properties of them. When applied on other objects, in general, the best usage may be first to lower both SSS a lot, and then reshape the specular (color applied + horizontal + vertical size + strength), and finally to change the color (Hue, saturation, Value) of your object preprocess if you want. Take care the shader version swaps specular color map and specular strength map. This is not a mistake but a useful trick for skins.

Best results for shaders are on skins, then come plastics, woods, walls, and similar (but do not have ray tracing in these ones like I have in my commercial wood shaders), and on outfits it is great when you have on fabric large specular with normal strengths ('normal" meaning not to high, not too low).
    For hair I still do not have the result I have in my head but what 3DTox showed is very promising.The main interest for these elements is in the specular management - anisotropic BRDF - and the way you can adjust the tone, or the saturation, and the lightness of them separately.... Oh and as 3dTox mentioned it seems fine on plants. They could work a bit as metal, mixing a UV map and an environment map, but no ray trace management (I was not going to build a shader killing my advanced metal shaders no?), but I have not tested how far they can go as metals shaders (they have a pretty good BRDF base, and some reflecting features, but... but...).

For instance in multiusage in the following scene, everything has amazing skins shaders, the figures (M6 and dragon both HD), the outfits, the floor.
    Well I hesitated to show it since I made the render in the month of may, so it was still the early stages of development, it are not exactly the same shaders they are today, but it was during my test to define which were the compromises to make in order to make render times as short as possible and renders as good as possible.

rendertime2HD.jpg
    1581 x 872 - 349K
    edited September 2014

That is an incredible render Kadix. I like everything in that render, from the claws on the dragon to the silver patron on the pants. The pants, they would go so well with a top that I like. I need to make a few different patrons for that top, eventually.

Sorry no renders yet, I've been rather preoccupied elsewhere the past day and some. I have about sixty different products to go threw and make sure they installed correct, along with at least three more shader packs to crack open and use. Hoping you saw the Aurora, rather rare tho not never seen at the latitude I'm at. I never got any pics of it, my camera batteries were dead, I imagine there are pics everywhere tho, lol. Enjoy life a bit, I'm going to have some fun with daz studio, and yes I'll post what do with Amazing Skins when I get to it shortly.

edited December 1969

Hi! I'm really surprised by your really nice comment on my image, since I feel that it did not match to what I expected it to be... And it was so deep in my dev folders that it was really hard to find it back yesterday.
    The pants they belong to "guardians of the flame for genesis 2". You have a genesis version of it too, and the genesis 2 version work on male and female, but females one must be loaded from male since rely on the cross figure techno.
    I totally missed the aurora yesterday! I've had a lot a children at home all day long, and at the end of the evening I was so tired that I just went to bed early...Forgetting in the same time to spend my vouchers reward of week one (still eating my keyboard of rage against this!), and of course, not seeing any aurora. I went on the internet to see a few images of this aurora, it seemed absolutely amazing!!! This morning I really regretting about forgetting my vouchers. Now I regret on the Aurora too! grrrrr!
    Anyway, good luck with your 60!?!?! products, I hope to see some more renders soon :)

edited December 1969

Don't feel bad about that to much, I've let coupons expire because of forgetting them at home, and other mindless moments.

I looked around last night at potential Trek aliens, and I think I found three, possibly four with a prop that Amazing Skins could do. Data from TNG (The Next Generation), The Cherons (half black, half white faces), The green people (Orions), and possibly the blue people with an antenna prosthetic (Andorian).

P.S. I never noticed the Kingons, didn't always have ridged foreheads, lol.

edited September 2014

A little note about doing previews as you make adjustments that I just stumbled across.

The changes do not appear in the View-field, so I decreased the render settings so I didn't need to wait half an hour to see what my incremental adjustments were doing every step. This had the adverse affect of a dark black line between the bottom of the chin and the neck, that had me thinking at first that I broke a UV mat boundary somewhere, lol. Simply turning off "Progressive Rendering" solved this, so the line is from bottom shelf render settings, Not a broken UV map boundary.

Left is with "Progressive Rendering", right is without. All other settings the same.

AS_EvePree001_RenderSettingNotBrokenUV_001.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 935K
    edited December 1969

O_o
    This is very interesting (I enjoy bugs, bug solving is what makes me happy)...!!!!!

This is the first time I see such an artifact at this place only. Strange artifacts such as this one can appear mostly :
    - with too high shading rates (1 - 3),
    - with "depth map" shadow types for the lights of the scene,
    - with reasonable shading rates (below 0.7) if the UV padding of the texture map is "small" or inexistent
    - with reasonable shading (below 0.7) rates if the UV padding of the texture map is "small" or inexistent
    - with normals and displacement map with insufficient UV padding.

Now why do you not see it with not progressive, and see it with progressive ? Here is my feeling : because of the way the calculus are made. With progressive, your pixel filter is necessarily a "1x1" box, meaning roughly you do not average the influence of the surrounding pixels to calculate one given pixel. Turn off progressive, then in general your pixel filter will come back to "sinc" with 6x6 pixel filter witdh, meaning (always roughly, as a shortcut) that each and all the pixels are averaged with the 6x6 box of pixels surrounding them, using a sinus cardinal function to determine their influence in this average... Your artifact may disappear only because of the pixel filter.

For more fun : what to blur strangely your image : take a 6x6 pixel filter size and set as a box type... Turn off progressive : now you need to wear glasses!!

This was for the technical point of view. Now, this is sad that you should be forced to turn of progressive, since it is the fastest way to preview scenes...
    - Do you have any depth map shadows light types?
    - Does the artifact disappear when decreasing the shading rate?
    I'm really curious about that..

For the color not visible in preview, it was not possible, because for that I should have swapped some internal names, and this prevented me from applying the material allowing it to grab the diffuse map of "any" figure. Now maybe one day I'll find a way to solve this because it would be much more nice!

edited September 2014

no, no, no, not an issue. I was just worried that something broke on the UV maps. Simply knowing that the artifact will go away, is enough, as I only need the instant renders to see what my adjustments are doing color wise to the skin texture. As for the view field, advanced lights (other then the menu lights) renders the view-filed useless anywise for allot of adjustments...

This truly was "bottom shelf" settings, lol. I at least need the shadow samples, to see the shading of the skin, everything else was practically off, lol.

As I now know it is render settings, not a broken UV, I figured others may have the same panic moment.
    (edit)
    Added my normal render settings for comparison. It gave good results on my old quad-core Opteron before the upgrade. I have yet to do testing on my new kind-of 8-core CPU (4 cores, and 4 more cores that share the FPU). It is not quite hyper-threaded fake-cores, yet it is pushing it as far as I'm concerned. If you going to call it eight core, I want eight FPS's in there, at least. It's time to move to the 12-core "IBM POWER8" computers, I just cant get Windows 7 and Daz Studio 64bit to run on them, yet, lol.

NormalRenderSettings101b.png
    436 x 543 - 20K
    QuickColorTestRenderSettings101.png
    432 x 407 - 15K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

A large Bucket Size uses more memory, 32 is the maximum I would go and if you don't have any surfaces using large displacement values 16 is enough. If you have the processing power bumping Max Ray Trace Depth up to 6 or 8 can make a big difference with some hairs.

edited December 1969

Thanks jestmart, I did try the ray-trace-depth thing, and well, instant feedback on my inputs just is not possible with this CPU, unless I keep it under 4. lol. As for RAM, well, yea I wish I had another 112GB of that. 16GB currently, will be maxing it out at 32GB shortly. For this little test, ram is a non issue compared to this pathetic CPU (sarcasm, lol). The AMD FX-8350 is just not a 12-core POWER8, lol.

So with the faster almost-8-core CPU, and "Bottom Shelf" render settings, I tinkered with a spreadsheet for a while. I've managed to make some progress, tho limited. The end result of a render is more then just a diffuse mat change, as the Specular and Sub-surface also adds to the figures color. I'm not entirely sure how to plug all that into the formulas, yet. Considering all that, I'm very happy with the results thus far.

The Spreadsheet I am working on is not that much complicated math yet, tho I was surprised that the brightness did need to be used in combination with the new Amazing Skins color values. I still need to change some names on the sheet, and figure out some "Exception Handling" if that is at all possible with a spreadsheet. I still have allot of tinkering to go, and test renders, yet here is a very good example of just what Amazing skins can do.

Because I did not apply any makeup or nail-polish, I also had to apply the settings to the Lips and the Fingernails. Kadix was quite correct about that, as a light line was visible around the default lip mat, that did not match the rest of the face once the settings were applied to the Skin surfaces. The flesh under the nails just did not look right until I applied the same adjustments there as well.

AS_EveVsPromo001BeforAfter001lbl1.jpg
    2000 x 800 - 1M
    AS_FwEve_SettingsPostCalc101lbl1.png
    1280 x 410 - 49K
    FwEve2Promo1vsRender001lbl1.jpg
    1200 x 670 - 752K
    edited September 2014

Hi everyone!
    OK once again I do not receive any mails when someone post in this thread!!!

Congrats you are really close to your goal. I'm always impressed by the number of shadow samples you are all using, because I'm generally far lower. But in general my scenes are not complex, this may be the reason why.

I was very perturbated by this matter of stripe that you saw in your renders. So this morning I bought the Eve product to have a deeper look at that.
    And the winner is : DISPLACEMENT.

Here is the story :
    1. I load V6 and apply Eve morphs mats and tattoes
    2. I apply amazing Skins, female applier version, load some lights too.
    3. I make a first low quality render... wow! I have the same issue as you have, the big stripe, on head versus face junction... But this is HUGE!

Analysis of big stripe :
    a. zero figure shape : Stripe is still here, not depending on morph then.
    b. load HSS materials : Stripe disappear.
    c. Load initial material of Eve, this is a DS default Material (no SSS) then, still no stripe.
    d. Load AoA subsurface (coming from mixer too) : Stripe comes back...

It smells more and more like a displacement issue.

Now when I have a look at the displacement settings, then
    - face and lips displacement are at 100%, 0-0.025, with black map for face and real disp for lips,whereas
    - head and all the rest of the skin (so neck where you saw the issue too) is at 100%, 0-0.12 with no map!

Now let's have a look at how this is managed with the second option provided HSS. Well Displacement are set inactive for all skin parts except face and lips. Since face is relying on a black map and lips amplitude is only 0.025, the active/inactive displacement difference is just noticeable at the lips face junction on close ups.

So what is happening? It is that when something goes out of the shader mixer, displacements are treated in a different way than the DS default. Displacement of shader mixer induce an offset when unmapped and-or asymetrical min-max, which is the case here.
    My base applier has the specificity to keep the displacement the author of the initial material set has chosen for its materials.
    In 90% and probably more of the cases, these displacement are defined with constant settings, (or low varying ones) over a mesh (over all adjacent surfaces), and then there is almost never suddendly a huge variation between two adjacent areas. Which is the case in this figure and explains it.

So the solution? Of course :
    Once amazing skins is applied, select all skin surface parts except lips and face, and then go in the displacement group of dials, set displacement max displacement at 0 AND min displacement a 0. All the stripes should go away.
    Remember that in the general case, almost always I guess, this will not be required. This is a very particular case when starting from a default material with asymetrical min-max unmapped displacement adjacent to a surface with another very different displacement. You should not meet it really often (but it may be linked to particular authors, everybody has its own habits).

edited September 2014

Now I feel bad for, in a way, making you purchase FW Eve, just to diagnose what was for the most part, a non-issue for me.

However, I never cared to look into it further after a good render at better render settings. I am now stunned by what you found. A black displacement offset boundary right next to a zero-displacement zone. That alone would do it. I'm just that much more amazed it dose not show at even modest Daz Studio default render settings. It looks like that was supposed to be for the lips alone, and it may have been a mistake or forgotten in the face surface. Why else have a bump map, and a black displacement map on the same surface, oops. It's not a big enough issue for me to bug FWart over that, and I don't think a ticket on a product I used successfully and purchased months ago would be seriously considered.

I have dropped the shadow samples to 12, for testing skin adjustments last night. And discovered allot of stuff I need to dig up info on regarding AOA shaders, and whatever "Custom" SSS Material Type is. hmmm. Ziva is being more difficult to adjust, then Fw Eve was. Many different things all at once. I am making considerable progress tho, as I realize how long I've been at this.

I do hope you have a good day, and I'm fairly sure you will be able to put that purchase to good use in the future, as I have put her threw allot of scenes myself. Skirts that don't fit, bad hair day, blue-screen errors, Wilmap dress testing, etc.
    (edit)
    Added preview of progress. Left to right, Promo, With Amazing Skins, Original render.

Ziva_AS_BeforAfter001.jpg
    1906 x 871 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Lol, no, keep your Eve product the way it is. xD
    Why would FW have worried anyway about how the displacement choices made would affect the shaders out of the shader mixer? Anyway I think only people "shader mixing" are aware of this problem. This is anyway a nice product.

For your "Ziva" from what I see, I would tell you to increase the saturation of the skins parts first, for the hue and value I would not be able to say before seeing the more saturated result... Or maybe don't touch the saturation and just lower the value? For dark skins, you can get more specular using a hidden parameter allowing you to enlighten the color used as specular color... I cannot remember the name, tell me if you need it...

Don't feel guilty make me buying Eve, anyway it is beautiful morphs and textures, especially the tattoo I love.
    And I made myself the decision to buy it, this issue may happen to other people and I had to know how to solve it.
    And it I had not bought it, I would have not been able to make this render.

Eve_Revisited.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 610K
    edited December 1969

Pleas don't think for an instant that I dislike the artists, or the products. I would not be spending my time doing this if that were the case.

Ziva uses the AoA shader, that is rather finicky as I have read elsewhere within the past few days. Compound that by me using Pure White DzLights and Uber Panels in this test scene, and we have a very bad combo to start with for AoA surface shaders. :ohh:

I purchased Ziva back when there was only three (possibly four) preview pics available. I just looked today, and there are a lot more Artists renders there, with a far paler skin texture then what I thought she was supposed to have. None the less, we will fix this. :)

Saturation, well it goes far deeper then that. To look like the promo, head to toe, the body needs one set of changes, and the head needs completely different combo of changes. And the mismatched combo is in every surface setting for her, not just the diffuse channel. :cheese:

Now here comes Amazing Skins, we can fix this.
    It will just be a little more work then the two settings for FW Eve. To start with, completely ignore that the shaders got tossed out the window by that V3D apply thing. We're going to change the skin attributes anyways, who cares about keeping the old ones, not me, lol. :coolsmile:

I tried all night yesterday, to get both the body and head to match the promo. Today after messing with the post process saturation (1.10), I'm now messing with the scatter and specular tint. I also need to do more then just one sample point, to somehow extrapolate the independent changes in diffuse, Specular, and SSS. Speaking of AoA, I need to look and see if she came with a set of those "AoA Advanced Lights" I can look at, to see if there is independent SSS lighting from the diffuse, that would explain a lot.

I'm calling this good enough for now, Thanks Kadix about the Saturation hint, I didn't even think of going there. Nice render by the way, the tattoos were one of the many must-have reasons I purchased FW Eve. On to the next in that lineup, I'm learning a lot from this.

AS_ZivaPree009hd_AsPost001hd.jpg
    800 x 800 - 492K
    Ziva_vs_ZDG_1508x480_002.jpg
    1508 x 480 - 513K