Render in progress

Comments

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited May 2014

Thanx a million Pete ! Thanx for visiting, feeback, providing tutorials to learn from. Yeah, I have no patience. Everyone is alway's tellin me, slow down, Lol !!! When I first began, DS work'd my patience, I gave up. Months later, came back to it again, with a different frame of mind (attitude), and certainly more patience.

I love using Uber surface, but still learning to tweak Uber settings, learning how light affects different surfaces, skin, plastic, etc.... default settings. Will, reload the project, use settings, c what happens. No, dice do not have any mat zones (freebie). Once I get real comfortable with DOF, what are transparency maps is next on the list. I'll try to create custom dice. CU around buddy, lookin forward to future Szark renders.
    AJ

Szark said:
    awesomefb said:
    Wow ! learned alot, working on this project. Shaders, advanced lighting, etc..... Surface tab is now my bf. Drumkit really work'd my brain, Lol !! Major difference from first kit I rendered. I built speakers using primatives. Thinking of doing something like Terminator, my next project. I enjoy working with chrome.

AJ that is superb for a beginner, actually it is pretty darn good all round. You have the right attitude, just need more patience. :P

As for Glass, well if you want try Uber Surface
    Diffuse 10 - 5%
    Diffuse Colour your choice Clear glass I would opt of a light grey
    IOR (Index of Refraction) Depending on what type of glass it could be 1.45- 2.50
    No Specular
    Opacity depending on how clear you want it 5 -15%
    Reflection colour White
    Multiply Reflection through Opacity OFF
    Reflection RayTrace (need something in the scene to reflect)
    Reflection Strength try about 60 - 80%
    Reflection Blur 0.05%

But you have the number spots to think about here as you don't want them glass.
    Do the spots have a different mat zone?

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

Hi Trish, thanx so much. Feeling is mutual, I enjoy viewing your renders, some are quite awesome/amazing :-)

This is going to be a fun thread....I am enjoying looking at your renders .....which are awesome!!....Trish
    edited May 2014

Hello friends, 2 more renders I did this week. Both renders inspired by movies, Pearl harbor and The Ring. Working with primitive plane backgrounds can be a bit tricky, specially illuminating, props are way better. Seriously need to build up my prop collection. Desired to put a WWII plane in the background scene, no planes in content folder, Lol !! Anyway, desired to learn contrasting with colors, as in the 2nd render. Taking some time off to read more tutorials/literature.

V4Sunset.jpg
    900 x 675 - 340K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

The Ring remake, don't get scared, Lol !!! :bug:

V4TheRing.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 264K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool concept but I remember the hair being very dirty and covering the face way more.
    Still a very good Artist concept of it though.

edited December 1969

Hi Jade, thanx for steppin in. Thanx buddy, yeah I was going to replicate the movie character, but then wouldn't be my vison. I began developing movie Asian character Kayako from The grudge, one idea led to another, I tossed in The Ring scene.

Jaderail said:
    Cool concept but I remember the hair being very dirty and covering the face way more.
    Still a very good Artist concept of it though.
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

Nice renders! Haven´t seen both movies, but your Ring scene looks pretty cool!

As far as Airplanes goes, maybe you find something here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/624/

edited May 2014

Hi friend, thanx for chimin in, expressing inspirational comment. The Grudge is wicked ! Check it out, when you get a chance. Thanx for the link, certainly will check it out, think I spend more time searching for freebies, then rendering, Lol !!! :red:

MN-150374 said:
    Nice renders! Haven´t seen both movies, but your Ring scene looks pretty cool!

As far as Airplanes goes, maybe you find something here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/624/

Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • Jay Jay_1264499Jay Jay_1264499 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

Hey Awesomefb those drum kit renders especially the last one is fantastic. The way you got the chrome and the metal cymbals to work looks amazing. I know what you mean though, I'm beginning to enjoy my time in the Surface tasb but have not yet cracked it as well as you have!

Keep up the great renders

Cheers

Jay

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I really like the glow on the side of the face in the Ring Remake render. (wow, alliteration at it's best!) Adds a nice "pop" to the face. And one of my favorite color schemes is red, black, and gray. Nicely done!

edited December 1969

Hi Friends, took another break from DS to re-generate my brain cells, Lol !!!! Also with age/health, my eyes get burnt out easily, my vision tends to get blurry. Took some time away to read tutorials instead, away from computer. Anyway, I work'd on two more renders last night, both are wip. First one is called Nightmare behind. For some reason, I'm having difficulty tweaking the demon skin, render needs more work. Sorry, had to cover the chest, DS rules. 2nd render is Morgana human to vampire.

Adjusting settings is very time consuming !! Now with a new 8 core system, I can accomplish alot more. Also building my content library as content goes on sale. Sort of sux ! waiting to purchase content, wait I need this, next minute, I need that, open wallet, maybe next month. Slowly making progress, as I continue to learn and purchase content. Till next time, happy rendering :)

edited December 1969

Nightmare behind

Nightmare_2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 663K
    edited December 1969

Morgana human to vamp

MorganaVamp2.jpg
    900 x 675 - 327K
    edited December 1969

A quick work up of headless horsemen. Haven't figured out how to fill in black hole on torso, was thinking of using a skull, but then not headless, was thinking pw ghost effect etc..... and many other thoughts, haven't came up with idea. Suggestions welcome. I need more content, Lol !!! Wanted to do a graveyard scene, with horsemen coming out of tree, like in the movie. Oh well, future projects.

Headless_1.jpg
    900 x 900 - 550K
    edited December 1969

Away from the supernatural genre. I did this one awhile back, learning shaders, DOF, composition, several tutorials in one scene, at that time a very slow computer system. This render took like 5 minutes on my old system, now less then 30 seconds. Anyway, shaders are very powerful tools, I've truly enjoy'd learning to use shaders. Posting renders of my learning progress.

Starfighter.jpg
    900 x 506 - 245K
    edited December 1969

Both renders look very nice- I like the subtle DOF on the second one. With the colors, it all fits so well without being glaringly obvious. And the horse looks energized and ready to go!

edited August 2014

Hi Cathie, thanx for continous compliments. I'm never satisfied with my renders, happy other's can appreciate my efforts :) Hmmm, my vamp renders must of spook'd everyone, Lol !!!

Novica said:
    Both renders look very nice- I like the subtle DOF on the second one. With the colors, it all fits so well without being glaringly obvious. And the horse looks energized and ready to go!
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

Thought I'd try something different, a change of pace, need more content to add to the scene, flowers, trees, etc.......

VictoriaHorse.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 862K
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. And this last one- OH WOW. I just want to hop in the scene and listen to the waterfalls!

edited December 1969

Hi DS friends, been workin on a few more projects. Similar concept, as last one. Using backgrounds opposed to props can be a disadvantage at times, specially trying to blend models to background. After purcharsing Roland car, desired to do a car wash, but no car wash props, so I began to model one myself using DS primititives, Lol !!! Car wash vac. Most definetly a work in progress. Will use primitives to possibly create building.

Lioness.jpg
    800 x 600 - 411K
    edited December 1969

WIP Car wash vac

CarWashVac.jpg
    800 x 600 - 78K
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    WIP Car wash vac

Very clever!!! Be sure you have enough quarters to make it run LOL.

edited December 1969

Lol ! Good one, thanx. Surely, enjoy a sense of humor :)

Novica said:
    awesomefb said:
    WIP Car wash vac

Very clever!!! Be sure you have enough quarters to make it run LOL.

edited August 2014

Hi DS friends, something I learned over the weekend, computer monitors/cable connect varies how rendered images appear. My monitors are HD, using HD cable connection, graphic card HD out, monitors HD in. I viewed an image on my older computer system using VGA connect. Render brightness, contrast, gamma, colors, all different, more yellowish/brown. Render'd image was much darker actually, anyway something interesting I discovered.

Thought I'd give Blender a shot, awesome program, but interface is very complicated for me, guess I'm used to DS. DS was complicated at first to, Lol !!!!!

Thought I'd take a shot at a portrait render again, I'm quite pleased with my progress at the moment, when I go back and view renders, when I first began, I start making changes, Lol !!!!! Thanx to many wonderful/helpful DS friends, to many to mention.

Surfaces tab is my best friend, I spend most of my time in surfaces tab, definetly shows in my render progress. One mistake I made as a beginner was adding/adjusting a zillion lights, to change appearance of surfaces. One scene I had like 24 lights !!!! Now I use one ambient light, in the future I'll add another light etc...... as I continue to learn. My way of learning is to take note, how each light work with surfaces.

Edit: I wasn't happy with last Olivia render, was feeling tired, overwork'd the surfaces tab, made a few adjustments, much better.

SabbyOliviaNew.jpg
    900 x 675 - 325K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

Hi DS friends, hope all are having fun with DS. Wow ! what a week. I'm exhausted. My brain is fried !!! Here's my latest character Lucia, I spent hrs tweaking her in surfaces tab. 1 distant light. I seriously need new hair for future renders. Having a difficult time tweaking hair, not to look so glossy, had a little difficulty with her face to.

After months of being discouraged to learn LuxRender, I read the manual a few times, took on the challange a few night's ago, goodness alot to learn, I must have rendered 1000 images in LuxRender, Lol !! No joke ! Just to figure out settings, interface, adding materials, lighting, etc...... I was getting alot of blank renders, or blank renders with white spots all over canvas. Finally, I was able to render an image. Render'd Victoria with Spheric labs default lighting, and alot of tweaking !!!!

Till next time :)

Lucia.jpg
    600 x 800 - 467K
    edited December 1969

Victoria render'd in LuxRender.

LuxusVictoria.jpg
    600 x 800 - 225K
    edited September 2014

Hi DS friends, busy brainstorming to learn LuxRender. Sadly, I haven't rendered in 3Delight since. LuxRender is awesome ! but very time consuming. In Daz I used 1 - 2 light's per scene. Lux is an entirely new learning phase, but very fun learning.

I rendered this chair from Classic deco, learning lighting/materials. In 3Delight chair rendered in 20 seconds, Lux render took 45 minutes, Yikes !! What I've noticed is rendering reflective materials, is time consuming, chair without metal trim renders fast. .

LuxChair.jpg
    800 x 600 - 25K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited September 2014

Hi DS friends, I have alot of projects to complete, as I slowly purchase content on sale, I have 115 projects in my DS folder and 19 in LuxRender folder, Lol ! My wishlst items never go on sale. I have some LuxRender wip I could share, mainly lighting, material experimentation, I haven't done a complete scene as of yet, cept this one I call Praying.

In the past my dual core system was slow, now 3Delight blazes on 8 core, but LuxRender is time consuming.

Surely wish I could have used Nun's outfit for Victoria, but could not get the dress to conform properly in kneeling position. Till next time, cheers

Praying.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 416K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited September 2014

8-/

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited September 2014

:)

Post edited by AJ2112 on