DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:00000000000D6740

My computer recently updated to Windows 10 v1803. Before that, DS 4.10 was working fine. Now it keeps crashing with an access violation message "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:00000000000D6740" it also was saying something about violation at QTcore4.dll in the program files for DAZ STudio.

Has anyone else run into this? I tried to restore to the last version of Windows 10 but the computer says its not possible.

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

QTcore4 I believe is a quicktime file.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Have you updated/reinstalled/checked your graphic card and other drivers? Win 10 has a history of overwriting drivers you have installed, so that might just be the problem.-

• I tried to update the Nvidia driver but it was saying no new updates were available. The Intel drivers are showing they are disabled.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

You want to use an actual Nvidia driver, not the Windows 10 version.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

QTcore4 I believe is a quicktime file.

Qt, not QT, I suspect - the application framework used to develop DS.

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited June 2018

I get the same error message after reinstalling DAZ Studio (Windows 10, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti with the latest drivers).

Nevermind, i forgot to update Windows ...

Post edited by wizard1200 on
    edited July 2018

After updating the graphic card drivers to the latest version i get the error message again (Windows 10 with the latest update, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti).

Reinstalling DAZ Studio or changing the graphic card drivers does not help.

• And you are using the drivers from nVidia?

edited July 2018

Yes, i have downloaded the drivers today from their website and i got the error message after installing the drivers.

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164

The qtcore4.dll is a Dynamic Link Library system file that Windows needs to load system components. It is otherwise a shared system file required by some programs

On my system it can be found in the following directorys: ZBrush, After Effects, 3DS Max and Motionbuilder. It is also in the Daz install Manager directory. 

If Daz is "Calling" that .dll while it is being used by any other program that is what sometimes causes access error's as yours. Try and check that no other programs has that .dll loaded.

• davegv said:

The qtcore4.dll is a Dynamic Link Library system file that Windows needs to load system components. It is otherwise a shared system file required by some programs

On my system it can be found in the following directorys: ZBrush, After Effects, 3DS Max and Motionbuilder. It is also in the Daz install Manager directory. 

If Daz is "Calling" that .dll while it is being used by any other program that is what sometimes causes access error's as yours. Try and check that no other programs has that .dll loaded.

That shouldn't be, and generally isn't, an issue - lots of application use the Qt framework and can be run concurrently.

Thank you very much for your comments. I have no idea why i get the error message, because i do not use any of the described programs. Hopefully the next DAZ Studio version will fix the issue.
  • MagChangeMagChange Posts: 2
    edited August 2020

I have been hunting forever and this fixed it for me. (Windows 10 64bit & Windows Defender[No other AV software installed]) I was searching a fix for a Sims 4 error and after doing this, Daz and DIM were playing nice again. Hope it helps someone!

Open Windows Defender

Click Virus & Threat protection

Click Virus & Threat protection settings

Scroll down to controlled folder access

"Turn off"

if you don't want to turn it off then:

Click Manage Controlled folder access

Click Allow an app through controlled folder access

Click Add an allowed app

Add Daz and DIM exe files

(If you just tried it and it failed, you can select the recently blocked apps list and select it faster)

Post edited by MagChange on
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168

I had the same error and tried MagChange's suggestion, only to discover that controlled folder access was already off. Side note: MS now calls the relevant program "Windows Security" not Windows Defender. Much the same otherwise.

However, the error log said my email address is not authorized. This is odd, because I have to log on everytime I open WIndows. But for some unknown reason, after an update, Windows has been bugging me to log in after I already did locally. Maybe it's a cloud thing. Anyhow, to continue the story, I had been ignoring Microsoft's nudging because of my reactionary and rebellious nature, and because they are authoritarian jackbooted creeps, and because I distrust anything that pops up and asks for a password. How do I know it is not a hacker trying to steal my identity? Nonetheless, after Studio started crashing at random intervals and I saw the error log, I acquiesed to the popup window and supplied the password for the relevant account.

Now, I don't know whether I've fixed the problem, sold my soul to a soulless corporation, or am about to rack up a lot of unauthorized credit card charges from a far-off locale. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.

• oandr88oandr88 Posts: 21

I got the same problem, came up yesterday morning. What I just didn’t do ... I completely cleared my SSD from your products (even Carrara demolished). First, I uninstalled them via DIM and UninstalTool, and then I also cleaned the disk itself (using the search in the file manager Total Commander). I cleaned the registry of any keys containing the word DAZ3D. I reinstalled C ++, the nVidia driver, I actually reinstalled the whole Windows 10 Pro. And after each of these actions, I reinstalled D | S. And, of course, added DIM and DAZ Studio exceptions to my Eset Internet Security.

But nothing helps ... "" DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C: \ Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DAZStudio4 \ QtCore4.dll" at 0033: 0000000057693816, QString :: QString () + 6 byte (s) " - and that's it. Help. I ask for help. S - save, O - I beg you, S - soon. I am attaching the log.

Windows version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    System name: Z390 AORUS MASTER
    Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    BIOS: F10
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Disk drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (3,726.02 GB, SATA-3)
    Memory: 32.00 GB

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_210419-225223.zip
  • DafaDafa Posts: 97
    edited April 2021

oandr88 said:

I got the same problem, came up yesterday morning. What I just didn’t do ... I completely cleared my SSD from your products (even Carrara demolished). First, I uninstalled them via DIM and UninstalTool, and then I also cleaned the disk itself (using the search in the file manager Total Commander). I cleaned the registry of any keys containing the word DAZ3D. I reinstalled C ++, the nVidia driver, I actually reinstalled the whole Windows 10 Pro. And after each of these actions, I reinstalled D | S. And, of course, added DIM and DAZ Studio exceptions to my Eset Internet Security.

But nothing helps ... "" DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C: \ Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DAZStudio4 \ QtCore4.dll" at 0033: 0000000057693816, QString :: QString () + 6 byte (s) " - and that's it. Help. I ask for help. S - save, O - I beg you, S - soon. I am attaching the log.

ACCESS_VIOLATION doesn't necessarily mean your Anti-Virus software, security, or Windows. No need to go to ultimate extremes by resetting your entire computer lol. Usually with ACCESS_VIOLATIONs, it means that the program tried to access a variable that no longer exists or never existed. I'm not good at debugging stuff but it seems that two parameters were passed to a QString(); the first one being the Unicode and the second being the size. I think DAZ attempted to create a string with a size of NULL. You can't have a constant pointer = a null pointer. 

For me, these errors have come by chance. Maybe it's because I'm clicking on something too fast. 

Post edited by Dafa on
  • oandr88oandr88 Posts: 21

Dafa said:

oandr88 said:

ACCESS_VIOLATION doesn't necessarily mean your Anti-Virus software, security, or Windows. No need to go to ultimate extremes by resetting your entire computer lol. Usually with ACCESS_VIOLATIONs, it means that the program tried to access a variable that no longer exists or never existed. I'm not good at debugging stuff but it seems that two parameters were passed to a QString(); the first one being the Unicode and the second being the size. I think DAZ attempted to create a string with a size of NULL. You can't have a constant pointer = a null pointer. 

For me, these errors have come by chance. Maybe it's because I'm clicking on something too fast. 

Okay: I overdid it. Let's say this is so. But what to do now? From what you say, this is either an internal D | S error or my misconfiguration. From my side, everything seems to be in order: I almost did not use tweak utilities, and I climbed into the registry only when necessary, to fix problems with the factory settings of Windows. Wait for the new version of D | S, or try to continue fixing all this yourself? I'm, of course, a simple home user who renders desktop wallpapers in D | S, and not a cool 3D artist and owner of a commercial studio, so I can postpone using D | S, but it's a shame just ... Basically, I have VMware to virtualize D | S and put content on it (IOMMU provides direct access to my video card), but for this I have to buy an additional license for Windows 10Pro x64. (or use Microsoft's Hyper-V ...)

• DafaDafa Posts: 97

oandr88 said:

Dafa said:

oandr88 said:

Okay: I overdid it. Let's say this is so. But what to do now? From what you say, this is either an internal D | S error or my misconfiguration. From my side, everything seems to be in order: I almost did not use tweak utilities, and I climbed into the registry only when necessary, to fix problems with the factory settings of Windows. Wait for the new version of D | S, or try to continue fixing all this yourself? I'm, of course, a simple home user who renders desktop wallpapers in D | S, and not a cool 3D artist and owner of a commercial studio, so I can postpone using D | S, but it's a shame just ... Basically, I have VMware to virtualize D | S and put content on it (IOMMU provides direct access to my video card), but for this I have to buy an additional license for Windows 10Pro x64. (or use Microsoft's Hyper-V ...)

Wait for an update or if you remembered how you triggered the error to try and avoid it.

• 321152405321152405 Posts: 0

I  got the same problem,partners!!!!!reinstallation is unvaild.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e\igdrclneo64.dll" at 0033:00000000E8DF0819, clGetKernelSubGroupInfoKHR()+50697 byte(s)

At Jun 23,Maybe unhopefully solve the problem by myself

• 321152405321152405 Posts: 0

hi,I maybe solve the error:

delete this .dll!!

my error log says"DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e\igdrclneo64.dll" at 0033:000000004D0B0819, clGetKernelSubGroupInfoKHR()+50697 byte(s)",thinks this tiezi,then i delete the file igdrclneo64.dll carefully,and then it has solved,OMG!!

• my issue was windows ransomware protection blocked daz download manager and told it to to allow on my device and it worked 

• dustinmeyer1234 said:

my issue was windows ransomware protection blocked daz download manager and told it to to allow on my device and it worked 

How did you tell Windows security not to block the download?  Did it block everything?  I seem to be able to download Daz Studio, but launching it gets the fatal error. 

• charker23charker23 Posts: 3

okay fellas. this is the right thread. i have the same issue, and not the technical savvy to solve it. what do i do?

• ysl5dysl5d Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

oandr88说:

我遇到了同样的问题,昨天早上出现了。我没有做的事情……我从你们的产品中彻底清除了我的 SSD(甚至 Carrara 也被拆除了)。首先,我通过 DIM 和 UninstalTool 卸载它们,然后我还清理了磁盘本身(使用文件管理器 Total Commander 中的搜索)。我清理了包含单词 DAZ3D 的任何键的注册表。我重新安装了 C++、nVidia 驱动程序,实际上我重新安装了整个 Windows 10 Pro。在每一个操作之后,我重新安装了 D | S. 当然,还为我的 Eset Internet Security 添加了 DIM 和 DAZ Studio 例外。

但没有任何帮助......“”DAZStudio.exe 在模块“C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll”中导致 ACCESS_VIOLATION 0033: 0000000057693816, QString :: QString () + 6 byte (s) " -就是这样。帮助。我寻求帮助。S - 保存,O - 我求求你,S - 很快。我正在附上日志。

Windows 版本:Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    系统名称:Z390 AORUS MASTER
    处理器:Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    BIOS:F10
    显卡:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    磁盘驱动器:Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB ( 3,726.02 GB,SATA-3)
    内存:32.00 GB

Has the problem been solved? I have the same problem

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • So ! it's fixed by deleting/Uninstalling all your Visual C++ Runtimes , I don't know how it works on others but that's i do. You don't even need a restart just click your program after uninstall your Runtime programs.