DAZ Dimension Lights 1 and 2

2»

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited January 2013

These lights are great. Used Light set 01 from the DAZ Dimension Lights 1 without any changes.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

V5Nichole03pic01.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 305K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

I have used the Render Settings depicted below.

V5Nichole03pic01RenderSettings.jpg
    406 x 790 - 102K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Beautiful image! I want to pick this set up when it's on sale again - missed getting it before.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info on the render settings shading rate vs UE peeps.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments. I like these lights, because of the moderated rendering times.
    The image above took around 15 minutes on the computer with the first generation i7 processor (2.8 GHz).
    I have used Pure Hair Lovely in the scene without any changes, except the material color
    http://www.daz3d.com/pure-hair-lovely
    I wonder how long rendering times will be with the different hairs.
    Rendering Settings are playing an important role on the speed of rendering
    and the quality of the resulting image, as already mentioned in this thread.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I picked up both light sets today. So far I can't get a render to complete, and ds stalls about 9 min in. I have downsized the render just to see if I could get any output at all with same results. The spot render tool will not work either. What I also see is in the render window are squiggly lines of red and blue instead of the usual black screen. Working on an HP notebook, windows 7, 64bit. Can't find a readme or other documentation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

How much RAM do you have, and are you using 32-bit or 64-bit DS4?

edited December 1969

How much RAM do you have, and are you using 32-bit or 64-bit DS4?

system memory 3gb

microprocessor:celeron dual-core cpu T3500 2.1ghz

Graphics device:mobile intel 4 series express chipset

I'm using DS4 64 bit

edited December 1969

Maybe my laptop was just overworked last night. I was able to get a render this morning in 3delight, default settings (no squiggly lines and no stalls). It took about 50 minutes. I like the light sets, did not fiddle with anything. I used DDL#12

v4
    Curator Aquarum
    Bunny Dazed

haunted_goth_ddlight12.jpg
    932 x 570 - 362K
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited August 2014

Kerya said:
    DS4.5 only - they are in DUF format ... Sorry!

For the DAZ Dimension Lights 1 it says it comes with "1 DAZ Studio Legacy Installer " which installs .daz files, not .duf files. They did not work in DS3. It says they were created for a newer version of DS. I just got these based on them having a Legacy Installer. Everything else I have bought that came with a Legacy installer worked in DS3.

Edit: Support ticket opened. Let's see what happens. *heavy sigh* :down:

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    DS4.5 only - they are in DUF format ... Sorry!

For the DAZ Dimension Lights 1 it says it comes with "1 DAZ Studio Legacy Installer " which installs .daz files, not .duf files. They did not work in DS3. It says they were created for a newer version of DS. I just got these based on them having a Legacy Installer. Everything else I have bought that came with a Legacy installer worked in DS3.

Edit: Support ticket opened. Let's see what happens. *heavy sigh* :down:

The Legacy installer is for DS4.0. The change over to DUF began with the release of DS4.5.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

This is what bothers me. Take a look at these two products. They both say exactly the same thing, that they have a Daz Studio Legacy installer, and they both say they work in Daz Studio, and Daz Studio 4.6. One of them works in DS3, one does not, but the descriptions are identical on this point. Product descriptions should be specific about what versions they support, IMO.

http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio (works in DS3)
    http://www.daz3d.com/daz-dimension-lights-1 (does not work in DS3)