Problems with older products (installer doesn`t work)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

SFSC_Construction set will be another older installer, so I've merged your thread with the existing thread on the issue. If you look up a few posts kendall Sears has a fix utility until DAZ can deal with the issue.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited May 2012

My utility is available at:

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/fix_daz.zip.html

It is zipped to survive bad downloaders. This is on a low bandwidth server so don't get impatient. It is only about 250K.

If the number of people downloading it gets to be too large I'll move it to my high bandwidth servers.

EDIT: I coded it to only do a single file at a time. Hopefully DAZ will have a fix before this becomes a problem.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • ObscuroArcanumObscuroArcanum Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

I have written a small utility to make these installers work again by stripping off the bad appendage. Is any interested in it?

Kendall

Thankyou very much for creating this utility, Kendall.
    It worked brilliantly to correct the 5 .exe files that weren't going to install for me.

edited December 1969

I'm glad it was useful for you.

Kendall

• ile-avalonile-avalon Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

A friend can't install the "Knight Errant for M3", and I have the same problem with "Knight Errant for David", but I have my Exec file in two versions: one version before the new website, one version after the new website...

Currently, all Exec files are corrupted!
    I have opened the file with Notepad++ and at the end of the file we have this two PHP errors:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Pisc_Downloadplus_DownloadController::clearConncurrentDownload() in
    /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/local/Pisc/Downloadplus/controllers/DownloadController.php
    on line 106

Fatal error: Class 'Mage' not found in
    /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 244

I have found this line in "13366_GenesisBracersMetaData_1.1_ds.exe", "13366_GenesisBracers_1.1_trx.exe", "ps_ac1522_KnightErrant.exe", "ps_ac1522_KnightErrant2.exe", "13366_GenesisBracers_1.1_trx.zip"...

This bug is in all files for PC and Mac!

Thanks to inform your webmaster :)

DazFilesBug.jpg
    800 x 862 - 257K
  • MalawolfMalawolf Posts: 40
    edited May 2012

I am having a similar issue with MyLinV4... Trying to install it on Windows 7, it starts then fails. Windows 7 lists it as an impompabible file :(. Now before anyone says contact support all I get is the following:
    {lang:logged_in_as}
    {lang:your_profile}
    {lang:your_control_panel}
    {lang:memberlist}
    {lang:view_new_topics} · {lang:view_active_topics} · {lang:view_pending_topics} · {lang:mark_all_read}
    {include:private_message_box}

Being trying for about a week now. No joy installing or contacting :(

Post edited by Malawolf on
    edited December 1969

Thanks to inform your webmaster :)

Thank you, but this is a known issue - for Windows Kendall has a fix, as noted above in the thread I've merged your thread with.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So that error is added to ALL files now? It only errors out the old installers and lets the new installers run. That explains why ALL my DAZ downloads now get flagged and quarantined by my AV. That stupid code looks Moderately Bad to my AV. It needs fixed soonest. I will not be running my new PC without AV just to buy from DAZ anytime again soon.

• alexandre01alexandre01 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I purchased Rogue for V4 and when i install the exe on my PC : nothing....

edited December 1969

I purchased Rogue for V4 and when i install the exe on my PC : nothing....

See Kendall's post further up the page for a fix, until DAZ can resolve the issue.

edited December 1969

Is this a problem for the macs as well? If so, I can create a Mac version of the utility. Let me know.

Kendall

• ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Forgive me please, Im writing here but all help links to DAZ are not active ( for me at least - blank screen) and I have only returned mails.

I bought Celestial product ( hair,pak, jewels) and Im not able to install it. Exe files are not active.
    All other products ( and ive bought lot of them during years ) are OK. Only this one. PC is completely OK ( Im advanced)

I suppose installer is damaged .

But :

Like to contact DAZ to let them know this product is damaged or any other idea what should I do?

Thank you very much

Gabriel

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Pop over and have a look at this thread

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217/

• stephajstephaj Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dear Friends:

I am trying to re download a product I purchased some time ago. "ArtemisX" and it's expansion. I am using Firefox, and when I down load the file appears in the download directory but it will not install. I double click the icon and after about ten seconds I get a dialog box asking it the file installed properly. This is happening with every product I have tried to re-download from my order history.

In the order history I press the reset button and get a list of available downloads, but I can not get any of them to open once downloaded.

Help me please

Andy

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

Please take a look at this thread about the issue.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Yes, it seems to be affecting the Mac archives too - and the newer Windows installers, but they seem to survive it OK.

edited December 1969

OK, then. I'll check my Mac installers. I'll need a few hours. I hope to have something ready this evening.

Kendall

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

I have written a small utility to make these installers work again by stripping off the bad appendage. Is any interested in it?

Kendall

What do you put in the second slot? The output? I find the exe that wont work and put in the first slot and I tried to just rename the file in the second slot with an exe for file extension..it creates an exe file but it still wont run. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks!

edited December 1969

digitell said:

Kendall

What do you put in the second slot? The output? I find the exe that wont work and put in the first slot and I tried to just rename the file in the second slot with an exe for file extension..it creates an exe file but it still wont run. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks!

Hmmm. That should do it. The "broken" installer goes in the input, and a different file name (end it with .exe) goes in the output. You'll need to execute the "new" filename, not the original. This does not affect the input file.

What is your OS? You're the first to report problems. I'd like to make sure that this is going to work for everyone.

Kendall

edited December 1969

OK, folks. The error being appended to the files is now different. Therefore the length is different. I'm going to have to change the program to accomodate the new "change."

Kendall

edited December 1969

digitell said:

Kendall

Thanks!

Hmmm. That should do it. The "broken" installer goes in the input, and a different file name (end it with .exe) goes in the output. You'll need to execute the "new" filename, not the original. This does not affect the input file.

What is your OS? You're the first to report problems. I'd like to make sure that this is going to work for everyone.

Kendall

Yep I did it like you said..broken installer into the Input, then I create a different file name ending it with .exe then I try to execute the new file and still nothing happened.
    I am running Windows 7 Home Edition on a 64 bit system

edited December 1969

digitell said:
    digitell said:

Kendall

Thanks!

Kendall

Yep I did it like you said..broken installer into the Input, then I create a different file name ending it with .exe into the Output..then I try to execute the new file and still nothing happened.
    I am running Windows 7 Home Edition on a 64 bit system

edited December 1969

Eeeeppps!! Sorry about the double post..just tried to edit and it got posted 2 times. Sorry..

edited December 1969

It is zipped to survive bad downloaders. This is on a low bandwidth server so don't get impatient. It is only about 250K.

If the number of people downloading it gets to be too large I'll move it to my high bandwidth servers.

EDIT: I coded it to only do a single file at a time. Hopefully DAZ will have a fix before this becomes a problem.

Kendall

Im sorry, this utility isnt clean, try to clean it pls I would like to test it..Thank you.G

COMODO Internet Security Pro 2012 - Log Viewer Logs

Table

:

Antivirus Events

Date Created

:

2012-05-28 20:05:03

Records count

:

Date Location Malware Name Action Status
    2012-05-28 19:51:47 C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\fix_daz\fix_daz.exe TrojWare.Win32.Banker.asj@121133570 Detect Success
    2012-05-28 19:51:48 C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\fix_daz\fix_daz.exe TrojWare.Win32.Banker.asj@121133570 Quarantine Success
    End of The Report

edited May 2012

Kendall

Im sorry, this utility isnt clean, try to clean it pls I would like to test it..Thank you.G

Table

:

Antivirus Events

Date Created

:

Records count

:

2012-05-28 19:51:47 C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\fix_daz\fix_daz.exe TrojWare.Win32.Banker.asj@121133570 Detect Success
    2012-05-28 19:51:48 C:\Users\Gabriel\Desktop\fix_daz\fix_daz.exe TrojWare.Win32.Banker.asj@121133570 Quarantine Success
    End of The Report

The exe is absolutely clean. It was created and compiled under Linux for Windows. You have a false positive. The exe size is 436224 bytes.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Kendall

Table

:

Antivirus Events

Date Created

:

Records count

:

End of The Report

The exe is absolutely clean. It was created and compiled under Linux for Windows. You have a false positive. The exe size is 436224 bytes.

Kendall

Thank you, I had idea its false positive so I submitted file like this. Problem is I cant open it even in sandbox. File is deleted with AV. Ill wait for DB update and DL it again. Thank you.

edited December 1969

Hi, Just to ease everyone's minds. I dowloaded the current exe from my site and ran it against Nortons, AVG, Avast, and McAfee. No viruses found.

Kendall

Kendall

Table

:

Antivirus Events

Date Created

:

Records count

:

End of The Report

Kendall

Thank you, I had idea its false positive so I submitted file like this. Problem is I cant open it even in sandbox. File is deleted with AV. Ill wait for DB update and DL it again. Thank you.

edited December 1969

Hi, Just to ease everyone's minds. I dowloaded the current exe from my site and ran it against Nortons, AVG, Avast, and McAfee. No viruses found.

Kendall

Kendall

Table

:

Antivirus Events

Date Created

:

Records count

:

End of The Report

Kendall

Ive controlled it with other AV's and detection systems and OK. Only Comodo pro - false positive. File was submitted like false positive.

edited December 1969

New version for Windows is available.

This should handle things unless DAZ's errors really become strange. This will work even on zip files downloaded for Windows.

Don't despair Mac folks, your version is on the way.

Kendall

edited December 1969

This still isnt working for me :(..
    Now I get a pop up that says:
    'No error found in a reasonable space.
    Assuming no problems.'

after hitting the OK button on that message,
    It does create the new exe file. When I try to execute that file I get this pop up:

"This program might not have installed correctly."
    "Reinstall using recommended setting"

"This program installed correctly"

I tried choosing both choices at different times but nothing happens.