MRB outfit
I've just purchased the dForce MRB outfit and have no idea what's going on! Each clothing item has 2 versions (1 with smooth morph maker and 1 eithout, I think). I have no idea what a smooth morph maker is. There also seems to be a separate smooth morph maker for each item. When some items are loaded, it is impossible to apply textures to them (I've tried highlighting them in 'surfaces' but that doesn't help). The cloak starts moving with simulation but then seems to stop before the simulation is finished. The product blurb (which is exactly the same as the ReadMe file ) is completely uninteligible - "The costumes each come with a (smooth morph maker), they control the shape of the child object and have a comprehensive morph. Child objects' outfits have a more detailed morph, while Mesh Smoothing follows the surface of Genesis 8. In this way, the custom template discards and simplifies information that is not needed when loading a new shape, and transfers it to the bottom image, and the bottom image minimizes surface damage."???????????????!!!

Comments
Yeah, it's kind of a mess and I had the same problem with the MRB Outfit and had to put in a ticket. The Smooth Morph Maker pieces are the ones you need to use. The others seem to serve no useful purpose, and didn't get an answer to my question as to what the point of them was.
Hi i am chungdan.
Sorry
I don't speak english
This is through Google Translator..
The "smooth morph" figure is the shape variation of Genesis' legs and feet.
Protects from distortion of the costume.
And there is a morph in the actor/adjustment.
This is a simple morph (mesh is low poly)
The mrb costume (simulation costume) in the lower layer is middle polygon, and a little more
There are delicate morphs ("actor/adjustment").
The "smooth morph" figure comprehensively controls the costumes underneath.
All garments must be loaded from the "wearable" item.
These are the ones that I have set in advance.
Material only applies to garments loaded from the "wearable" item (this is a Hierarchy material)
***Cloaks come in several types of morphs.(mrb dress actor/adjustment)
Try loading a different type of morph if it crashes during simulation
Its not that it explodes but the thing is not laying flat. It just hovers in the air
This is the cloak after a full simulation. Also, in the description under adjustments it says hit has "Cloak rotate" which it clearly does not. It only has cloak push top
And like the orginal poster asked what is the purpose of the other models? You cant color them with the material presets, and they simulate and have the same exact adjustments of the other pieces. So what is the point?
This really shouldnt have gotten to this point. Dont you test what you put up forsale? I am pretty sure you do.
I just ran into the same problem, but its possible to make it work with some aggressive simulation settings on the coat surface. Her is a picture of what I used, I just lowered all the "stiffness" values and increased stuff like density and dynamics strength, not much else thought was put into this.
As I had similiar problems, I tried your settings, but for me they still lead to a nice explosion... so I tried a different approach, as for me the problem seemed to result from the epaulettes (those strips on the shoulders).
The coat/cloak comes with a dForce weight map applied. So choosing the Node Weight Map Brush I changed the weight on and around those epaulettes to zero (0) to make them un-dForcable. Which resulted in my problem disappearing...
So..
Sometimes it helps to play with the settings a bit, sometimes one has to use more desperate measures... and sometimes nothing helps.
(And yes, I know I'm late to the party.. but as the item is still sold AND it even is marked as Staff Pick I guess there will be more people running into the same problems with it sooner or later... so don't blame me for necroing this thread - just want to help...
)
So I googled this outfit and the issue and it led me here. An issue apparently with this outfit since 2020? Not fixed. Still up for sale. Brilliant!
I tried the settings above in the image, which helped some. But it seems to keep looking like its pinned to her elbow. Also static pose. No movement. And that cloak flaps about, curled, sticks and never lays down. Never just "settles". This thing is a nightmare.
Since 2020 has anyone had better results or settings for this thing?
RIGHT-O!
As google didnt provide an answer....
Not sure if anyone else has found this out but...
"""The "smooth morph" figure comprehensively controls the costumes underneath."""
That is the key.
Load the "MRB smooth morph maker(coat)" first. Then load the "MRB coat"(that was the item I was wanting to use)
Then do the simulation.
If you load the coat first then the smooth morph maker...it explodes.
if you load the smoothmaker first then the coat...it works beautifully.
No need to tiddle the simulation settings.
I loaded MRB all, and that doesn't load the 'smooth' versions. Then found a pose and simulated along timeline.
The material has an issue as they expect a G8.1 character.
There is a number of distance violations, i.e. edge lenght shorter than collision distance. I didn't investigate where they were. It might be in areas where there is no simulation weight and then it don't matter.