elf ears and hair

Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi

i use a genesis characther with elf ear and the sea nymph hair ...

i can't find the elf ear morph ( the hair seems to have one ) and the hair recover the ear ...

it is normal ?

i use ds4

thanks for your help

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

If I am reading you right you want to have your elf ears show through the hair, but the hair is covering them up.

You have to show hidden properties in the parameters area. Not at home so I can't do a screen grab, but once you show hidden properties you will be able to select the hair and find the elf ear morphs and turn them down.

Hope this helps.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Select the hair, and go to Parameters, click the Options icon (rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and make sure "Show Hidden Properties" is checked. The elf-ear morph is automatically generated to follow the Genesis morph -- zero that morph for the hair to fall normally.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

How about head morphs that have built in ear modifications. I think Anubis and lycan are examples.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

Select the hair, and go to Parameters, click the Options icon (rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and make sure "Show Hidden Properties" is checked. The elf-ear morph is automatically generated to follow the Genesis morph -- zero that morph for the hair to fall normally.

thanks everybody for your help

yes i want to show the ears

i show hidden properties but i don't find the morph , i've try with all dials without results

the sea nymph seems to have ear morphs in his description, i redownloaded it and reinstalled it without success

thanks in advance

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

thadeus72, were you able to solve this problem? I remember asking the exact same question in the old forum, and as I recall someone responded with instructions very similar to what fixmypcmike posted, and that fixed the problem for me. If you still haven't been able to get it to work, I'll take a look when I get back to my rendering computer and see if there's anything I can add.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

The easy way I use for this is to click on the Currently Used button under Parameters to aid in tracking the relevant Morphs down.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

Personally I'd go "My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Evolution", find the PHMEarsElf.dsf file, open it in a text editor and find the line "auto_follow" : true (in this file it's around line 42) and change it to "auto_follow" : false, save it, and you never have to worry about that morph screwing up any item you have attached the head ever again.

• DresdenskinDresdenskin Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Personally I'd go "My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Evolution", find the PHMEarsElf.dsf file, open it in a text editor and find the line "auto_follow" : true (in this file it's around line 42) and change it to "auto_follow" : false, save it, and you never have to worry about that morph screwing up any item you have attached the head ever again.

I know this is an OLD thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to Bejaymac for the advice he gave about modifying the DSF file. This worked spectacularly for altering another elf ear morph I was using. So I wanted to leave some credit of thanks.

• wrandalljr4wrandalljr4 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this fix :-)

Bejaymac - 07 August 2012 06:18 PM

Personally I’d go “My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Evolution”, find the PHMEarsElf.dsf file, open it in a text editor and find the line “auto_follow” : true (in this file it’s around line 42) and change it to “auto_follow” : false, save it, and you never have to worry about that morph screwing up any item you have attached the head ever again.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

How about head morphs that have built in ear modifications. I think Anubis and lycan are examples.

I realize this is a very old post, but since this thread has been disinterred I thought I might mention how I got round this problem with a recent character "Dokk Alfar" by Raw Art. This has a full body morph only, so you cannot reverse any individual part (e.g. head, ears). But I wanted to add a long hair without it poking out weirdly around the ears.

This won't work with everything, but it worked quite well with this. I dialled in an elf ear from the G2 morph bundle (Ears Elf, or Ears Elf Long) and reversed it (set it to a negative %) to see if it would also reverse the baked-in elf ear from Dokk Alfar—at least enough to be invisible in the hair, which it did. I think these ears don't have auto-follow on by default, so you will need to turn this on first, as well as turning limits off to allow negative values.

But since I wanted the ears to poke through the hair, I only wanted the reversal in the hair itself, not on Genesis. As setting a value for a morph in Genesis spawns it in the wearable asset (e.g hair) I could unreverse the Ears Elf morph in Genesis, then go to the hair and reverse the Ears Elf morph in the hair only.

A little hard to explain clearly, but hopefully you get the gist of it. The result is shown in this post.

• AkuraAkura Posts: 41

i just bought Reyna and am trying to use hair with her but her ear morphs are being covered by her hair i put on her and i cant find the morph to turn down to remove the ear morphs from the hair D: i weent to properties and cant find the ear morphs for Paloma Hair : o 

Screenshot_3.jpg
    454 x 308 - 73K