windows won't dock

miss bigmiss big Posts: 27
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi i'm new and have the tutorials of hexagon revisited i have had this app ages and just started to learn it i did transition from maya but for some reason i click on windows then select material and shading it doesn't show up then i exited a few times then suddenly they were there and now i'm trying to dock them in the panes in which the tutorial says to and they won't dock for me at what is going on i decided to try this program considering there is absolutly no tutorials from maya to daz studio and there is a lot of tutorials for hexagon to daz but you know what i do actually find maya easier than hexagon lol. I don't give up with any program and keep working with hexagon like its no biggy about docking but it is so annoying that it is the easiest and it don't work.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

miss big said:
    Hi i'm new and have the tutorials of hexagon revisited i have had this app ages and just started to learn it i did transition from maya but for some reason i click on windows then select material and shading it doesn't show up then i exited a few times then suddenly they were there and now i'm trying to dock them in the panes in which the tutorial says to and they won't dock for me at what is going on i decided to try this program considering there is absolutly no tutorials from maya to daz studio and there is a lot of tutorials for hexagon to daz but you know what i do actually find maya easier than hexagon lol. I don't give up with any program and keep working with hexagon like its no biggy about docking but it is so annoying that it is the easiest and it don't work.

Resetting all the preferences will get everything back in basic default load place.

Make a few adjustments from the default load and save again of course.

Then notice where the various panels are located. On either side of the main viewport are these very tiny arrows about midway up. Those are toggle show/hide for that entire side pane.

One can drag out a panel from their docked positions.
    To re-dock, hover them over their areas until a blue line appears. Release and it's docked. To re-arrange the order of tabs, undock and redock them.

And to the creator of "Hexagon Revisited", feel free to put full editions of this and the others into our Product Libraries so we have some idea what it is you're omitting from your tutorials ... or of course feel free to drop in here and answer people's questions. Thank you.

• miss bigmiss big Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

miss big said:

Resetting all the preferences will get everything back in basic default load place.

Make a few adjustments from the default load and save again of course.

Then notice where the various panels are located. On either side of the main viewport are these very tiny arrows about midway up. Those are toggle show/hide for that entire side pane.

One can drag out a panel from their docked positions.
    To re-dock, hover them over their areas until a blue line appears. Release and it's docked. To re-arrange the order of tabs, undock and redock them.

And to the creator of "Hexagon Revisited", feel free to put full editions of this and the others into our Product Libraries so we have some idea what it is you're omitting from your tutorials ... or of course feel free to drop in here and answer people's questions. Thank you.

Thanks for reply but i did know how to do it but the blue line wasn't appearing at all but eventally decided to work

edited December 1969

Okay, well that's all there is so I'm glad you got it to work.

edited December 1969

Found out one of the things which will prevent one from docking tabs such as the materials tab or the one for shading domains.
    And that is if they are 'too wide'.
    I'm working on a project which had many materials auto named in another program with super long names.
    So I undocked the tabs to be able to access the drop-down arrow.
    They would not dock again until I made them once again, very narrow.