SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

I downloaded the file, but not entirely sure, what I'm supposed to do with it. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited February 2021

Serene Night said:

I downloaded the file, but not entirely sure, what I'm supposed to do with it. 

You need copy it to your content library in data/RiverSoft Art/Common, replacing the existing file of the same name. 

Edit to add: The file you need to replace is RSEyeFunctions.dse.

Post edited by barbult on

Oh, thanks for explaining it. Yes, I needed to rename the file, since the file had a cryptic name, and did not replace that file without being renamed. GREAT barbult! You are awesome. Thanks! 

yes Is it working for you now in 4.12?

It works now in 4.11 so I am gold. I keep 4.11 since my card works well with it. 4.15 I can usually render one scene before it begins dropping to cpu. So I use both.

OK, I'm glad you are happy with the results.smiley

I am curious why new products don't alway show up in the new releases section for example totally missed: https://www.daz3d.com/CyberPNK-ver-1.0-Modular-LIE-Upgrades-for-Genesis-3-and-8

Until I clicked on the stonemason promotion, where I see it. It doesn't show in the new section.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Serene Night said:

I am curious why new products don't alway show up in the new releases section for example totally missed: https://www.daz3d.com/CyberPNK-ver-1.0-Modular-LIE-Upgrades-for-Genesis-3-and-8

Until I clicked on the stonemason promotion, where I see it. It doesn't show in the new section.

Something (... else) is wrong with the store. New products aren't showing up on the main www.daz3d.com/shop site index until the next day, when another batch of new products pushes them out.They're on their individual sale pages, and you can see them on the product page, but not the main storefront. Probably/possibly related to the latest batch of lost PC+ forum members, of which I am one.

Interesting. GTK This phenomenon is too bad, since I don't always click on the sale pages. I would've missed the bot skin entirely because of this issue. 

edited February 2021

Boyd proposes to his Owen, as he promised he would the moment Owen gets back from the Forbidden Zone. 

He actually uses an app to propose to Owen before he is deployed.

Owen agrees, but says he has to do it in person when he gets back.

IDO.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited February 2021

One thing I'm curious about with the 'pop the question' poses. I really wanted the ring, inside the box. It seems like it... .Should be there? Am I missing something?

I laborously placed it inside in one picture, but, the box seems to havethe name that there is a ring, but I don't see it. Clearly I am going to have to check the situation out after dinner.

Lately I have been having a weird issue with autofit. For example, I will autofit a shirt from g3m to M8. I Save the file, then I load 4.15 and the shirt is not fitting properly. It does this is 4.15 but not in 4.11 I can of course refit the shirt each time, but I have to load a fresh one. The one in the scene, can't be refit.

Serene Night said:

Lately I have been having a weird issue with autofit. For example, I will autofit a shirt from g3m to M8. I Save the file, then I load 4.15 and the shirt is not fitting properly. It does this is 4.15 but not in 4.11 I can of course refit the shirt each time, but I have to load a fresh one. The one in the scene, can't be refit.

I ran into that issue with a couple of Studio versions -- later than 4.11, but I haven't tried it in 4.15. As far as I could tell, the issue came up with characters that were morphed fairly far from normal defaults, I think. In my case, it was a bunch of female characters, all of whom had been made to be fairly muscular, and the height reduced to around 5ft-5ft3in tall. Every time I did autofit on earlier generation clothes, it made me redo them the next time I opened the scene.

Yes! The shirt in Boyd's wedding proposal had to be refit all the time in 4.15 but not in 4.11

Interestingly, I rendered the same scene in 4.11 and then again in 4.15 and autofit was different in subtle ways. 

edited February 2021

Owen gives Boyd a hug. This pose came with the new Zeddicus Love and Intimacy pose set. 

18.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M

Yeah, it would be awesome if the Beau Fade hair wasn't put in the Genesis Male folder.  LOL

edited February 2021

Here's Torment 8.1 with hivewire doggo Chihuahua Morph (Philosopher's Egg). 

Torment is nonbinary and has a demon/devil shape. They have baked in blonde eyebrows, and no wiremesh brows. Their skin is very pale and their lips are on the pink side. I mention the lips only because I've had them go sort of very bright  in some renders, which I did not altogether care for. 

I did test their skin out on Owen, since it is pale, but they also have a lot of pink under and around their eyes which make Owen look like he has the flu.

It does work on Torment, however for some reason.  Torment also has a sort of elvish cast to their face which I like as well. 

torment.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 729K
    edited February 2021

I'm not getting either of Torment's bundles -- for only the fourth or fifth time for any male bundles in Genesis 8+ -- but they are ... odd. Two of the three clothing sets look like they were meant to be in Valentino's bundles, only they had too many so they got carried over.. I like pieces of the clothing sets -- the boots from Torridus (and to some extent the jacket, which is one of the very few male clothing items with a scoop neckline that I can remember seeing -- frankly, Torridus reads very strongly as though it was maybe created for Sahira, rather than Valentino, and then got repositioned), the top half of Lucidity, maybe the jacket and boots from Seaward. I just don't like all of any one of the clothing sets.

I do like Diablo -- who also has the only clothing set for any of the Torment stuff that I'd actually use -- and Leonard, somewhat. (I do like what Morris' texturing -- I assume -- is doing for Emrys' character morphs.) And I'm hoping there's some way to make Torment's human side look less like they've been crying for a few hours. (... though probably they're meant to look exactly like that. Has to be a reason they're called torment, after all.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited February 2021

I didn't buy the bundles either. I have limited interest in demons, not for religious reasons, because I am not,  but that I find the cultural appropriation of the God Pan distasteful. I am much more likely to use other imagery, such as aliens, and still have a runtime filled with Demons from the Damien bundle who are probably bored to death helping Vicky reorganize her skimpwear closet

I do own Torment, and Leonard. And the hair. The Neftis hair reminds me of a certain failed german dictator's hair. 

I agree with you about the pirate content. It seems leftover and not approrpiate for devilish nonbinary demon. I also afgree wtih you that Lucidity looks made for Sahira, and probably was. 

I have difficulty using 4.15   I can usually render 1 time, then subsequent renders drop to CPU. So just rendering Torment 1 time was an arduous task.

Oh, and I meant to say I do agree with the crying analogy for Torment. When I applied the skin to Owen, just to see how it might look, he did look horrible ill. Plus his lips are super pink. I didn't check the rest of him to see if there were other pink spots.

edited February 2021

So someone emailed me that Torment is the spitting image of Alfie Allen I think they are right!

Alfie-Allen-1110289.jpg
    590 x 350 - 40K

I kind of thought Torment looked like Tilda Swinton's younger, buffer sibling.

Heh! Quite possible!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

Serene Night said:

So someone emailed me that Torment is the spitting image of Alfie Allen I think they are right!

Hard disagree. The complexion is right but I think they look quite different.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

I think someone else got it right that the face structure is pretty much male model and Utah native, Lucky Blue Smith...  It won't be the first time that Daz3d has used male models as the starting point for characters; I am old enough to remember a discussion about a character named M4 Elite Sol which was based on a fitness model.  

edited February 2021

The classic Diablo set is a nicely put together set. If you aren't interested in the classic devil look, there is still a nice jeans and shirt outfit, wtih belt, bracers, hat, and a shorts option. 

There is also an included hair, beard, and toupe, which is a first I think (?). 

diabloq.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 864K
    diablo2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 864K
    edited February 2021

Leonard HD for Genesis 8.1 Male and Torment 8.1 is another demonic figure this time by Mousso and Emrys. You have 3 different skins, Human, demon, and pale demon included. Various eye colors, and a preset with and without Torment. The skin is particularly nice, if you are looking for a fairer skin toned male. Oh, and lets not forget he includes a classic devil tail.

He seems to have a slightly larger iris and eye on the left side. His sculpt is very fit

Leonard.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 753K
    Leonard2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 986K
    edited February 2021

New HDRI Fvtvris HDRI. (Yeah, don't ask me how that's pronounced). it seems to have undergone a name change, since it is Futuris in the preset section.

FUTURA2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

Interesting colors.

edited February 2021

So today I wanted to explore some tear products, and see what might work on G8M and G8.1M

This is a freebie called "Tears for Fears" and it is in rendo's freebie section. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/tears-for-fears-for-genesis-8-iray/85360

It is for G8F of course, but it can be fit to G8M with autofit. The "Tears welling in Eyes" is particular good effect.

The problem for me, is the regular tear texture included, and the iray default water shader were practically invisible, especailly in dramatic lighting. 

So I recolored it using shaders by Mec4d. PBS Shaders Vol 2.>Rubber & Plasitc> Plastic Tin

The second tear product I have is https://www.daz3d.com/realistic-tears-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-3

Realistic Tears (second image), seem mostly designed for the ladies/makeup wearers, as it has a mascara component. It is geoshell which will work with Genesis 8.1 Male, as long as you hide the rest of the geoshell. If you don't the body where the geoshell applies will render white. 

I like these tears, but they seem 'grayer' than a tear ought to be. Unless the face is dirty, or you are wearing mascara, the tears should not be gray by default. But they kinda sortof are.

TEARS.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    TEARS-REALISTC.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M