FBX exporter morph rules syntax

mostlyhumanmostlyhuman Posts: 93

This isnt working I am assuming its the spaces in the names, if that is correct how do I handle spaces, is there an escape character to use for the spaces or something? Thank you for any help!

oSettings.setStringValue( "rules", "Adj Abdomen Upper\nExport\nAdj Arm Lower L\nExport");

Was following this from the documentation:

// Morph Rules
// Format for rules is "Match1\nAction1\nMatch2\nAction2\nMatch3\nAction3",
// where Match# is a string to search for and Action# is one of Bake|Export|Ignore
// The names of the morphs are in the form: node_name.parameter_name
// The default action is to Bake
// So "FBMHeavy\nExport\nThin\nExport" would export all morphs that have FBMHeavy and all morphs that have Thin in the name
oSettings.setStringValue( "rules", "" );

Post edited by mostlyhuman on

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 361

This thread may help: Exporting Morphs to FBX

• mostlyhumanmostlyhuman Posts: 93
    edited February 2021

Ahh okay so the documentation is just completely wrong.   Instead of   nExport, nBake or nIgnore you use    n0, n1, n2  

oSettings.setStringValue( "rules", "Adj Abdomen Upper\n1\nAdj Arm Lower L\n1");

Tested and is working. Thank you OmniFlux for the link to the other post!

• It is suggested that you keep an eye on the change log http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

edited February 2021

Richard completely understood but a more customer-centric way would be when a change is made and updated in the changelog any affected documentation is also updated at the same time.

• mostlyhuman said:

Ahh okay so the documentation is just completely wrong.   Instead of   nExport, nBake or nIgnore you use    n0, n1, n2  

oSettings.setStringValue( "rules", "Adj Abdomen Upper\n1\nAdj Arm Lower L\n1");

Tested and is working. Thank you OmniFlux for the link to the other post!

Apparently there was an error in the code, the documentation should be correct but currently isn't - hence keeping an eye on the change log.

\ is the escape character, \n is a new line - which acts to separate entries here.

edited February 2021

Thank you, the part that appears to be wrong in the documentation is where it says to use   \nBake     \nExport     or   \nIgnore     but it will not work if you use these.  Instead you have to use  \n0  (for Bake)  \n1 (for Export)  and \n2 (for Ignore)

This was the part I was saying needs to be updated. Let me know if I am looking at it incorrectly and as always I appreciate your help.

• mostlyhuman said:

Thank you, the part that appears to be wrong in the documentation is where it says to use   \nBake     \nExport     or   \nIgnore     but it will not work if you use these.  Instead you have to use  \n0  (for Bake)  \n1 (for Export)  and \n2 (for Ignore)

This was the part I was saying needs to be updated. Let me know if I am looking at it incorrectly and as always I appreciate your help.

Yes, my understanding is that those commands should be working - they are special words with an escape in front to mark them out - and that a future update will restore that feature.