Genesis 8.1 presets(8.5.1.19) & other presets

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited May 2021 in Carrara Discussion

These presets:
Do not offer FACS posing in Carrara.
Do not link, by default, to the genesis 8.0 shapes, pose controls and visemes.
Do not include geometries or morphs. Requires Genesis 8 starter essentials

Do work with Michael 8.1 and Victoria 8.1 .
8.1 starter files include a few expressions.

The genesis 8.1 base files are bundled in the Genesis 8 starter essentials and will need to be installed before these presets will function.

Install these presets to your Daz library where the starter ressentials are installed.

Shaders are formatted in dz default, compatible with Carrara.

For clothes and hair products, use daz studio to convert weightmaps to blended weights for use in Carrara.

Support and questions thread is in the Rennderosity Carrara Forum.

Presets include
Gemini for Genesis 8.1 Female
Harper for Genesis 8.1 Male
eyelashes
a few basic wear items.

Hair shown in promo is sample hair included with Carrara Native Content

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88523/carrara-presets-for-genesis-81

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

presetted the eyelashes too..  and the basic wears shown

the michael 8.1 eyebrows survives the blended weight conversion.  he has a painted on eyebrows face option.  a few eye colors.  in the preview his skin shows huuuge seams, but renders okay.  mebbe something in ipr settings.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,531
    edited January 2021

Thanks Misty - Harper render - saved Brute 8 as a Character Preset and opened that in Carrara, fingers were a bit longer than the skeleton giving him a stretched fingers look around the club.

Will do a Gemini test render tomorrow, it's bedtime here !

Harper G8M Brute 1 Topaz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

i never rendered Brute.  so many characters with built in scaling

Trance Gemini started out as purple.  with atail.  she lost her purpleness and the tail.

was just thinkin, could prolly import g8 uvs manually.  supposedly is the same mesh.  if g8m was exported as an object.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

it has an alternate G8 UV but that needs to be set in DAZ studio under surfaces

edited January 2021

Gemini - Stephanie 8 saved as a Character Preset in DAZ Studio, opened in Carrara

Gemini StephG8 Swimmers 1 Topaz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M

she look nice and warm.  is snowmageddon coming here.  prediction up to 12 inches.  yiikes

have you noticed any toe issues so far?

Mystiarra said:

she look nice and warm.  is snowmageddon coming here.  prediction up to 12 inches.  yiikes

have you noticed any toe issues so far?

Hello Misty - no toe issues so far !!!

kewl.  biw u tenoted to try the v8.1, what to do

applying a Michael 3 pose to Harper was a disaster.  trying to get him into the biguanna saddle

baack in the saddle again

going crazy again.  trying to use the basic wear panty expand all morph.  it keeps popping back to 0

tried saving it to carrara.  didnt help

went for the v8.1  no toe issues angel

biggie v81 L.png
    1280 x 969 - 1007K
    biggie81r.png
    1280 x 969 - 808K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Sweet!!! Thanks Misty!

do you use all the skin maps that come with the daz figures in carrara shader?

r map.JPG
    290 x 275 - 30K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Finally got enough sustained access to download and install the 'essentials' files necessary for the presets to work on my laptop.  Thanks again for all your hard work on these.

Bunyip, to get the morphs working properly, are you first using the free plugin, Daz Studio, to shape the figure and then save as a scene subset?  Or are you directly loading in Carrara?

I will reserve some time to do some more experimenting.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Thank you Mystiarra,  I like it  ALOT!!

Diomede said:

Finally got enough sustained access to download and install the 'essentials' files necessary for the presets to work on my laptop.  Thanks again for all your hard work on these.

Bunyip, to get the morphs working properly, are you first using the free plugin, Daz Studio, to shape the figure and then save as a scene subset?  Or are you directly loading in Carrara?

I will reserve some time to do some more experimenting.

First of all I still have DAZ Studio 4.10 loaded on my computer, someone with 4.15 needs to check to see if the character morphs are loading in Carrara.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6430491/#Comment_6430491

My workflow is to do the character morph on Misty's preset in DAZ Studio, once done save it as a Character Preset. Clothes and hair converted to blended weight are saved as a Scene Subset.

Next I open the Character Preset in Carrara. I have found with my workflow that body morphs that are larger/smaller than the default figure have skeleton/bone problems when posing in Carrara.

• no they don't, I have the 4.15 beta

i never done, i think there a way in ds to "bake" the scaling into the preset.

searching the forum is totally useless >.<

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited February 2021

OK my go with her, did some really weird 360 head and upper  body glitches now and again but her hair stayed coiffed yes

I think the 60FPS render introduced some interpolation due to only bone keyframes

(was composited at 24FPS as I do that to slomo it)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Excellent !

edited February 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

no they don't, I have the 4.15 beta

This is for g8f, not g81f.  My version of the free plugin Daz Studio is also 4.15.  I tried loading Misty's G8F (Veronica Wr8th) in Daz Studio.  Again, this is 8, not 8.1.  I applied some material files (Aubrey maps for skin, eyes, etc).  I applied a mixture of 3 character FBMs.  These were Isla 8, Elizabeth 8, and Jackie 8.  I saved as a scene subset.

Still in Studio, I loaded some clothing for G8F.  I converted the clothing to blended weight and 'fit to' the morphed G8F character.  I saved a second scene subset with all the elements in the default pose.

Still in Studio, I applied a pose preset to the G8F and all the clothing followed.  I saved the result as a third scene subset in the pose.

In Carrara.  I started a new medium scene.  I navigated to my scene subsets and loaded the posed G8F.  The G8F retained its material files and its FBMs, although the FBMs do not appear in the parameter tabs list.  Loading time took forever as Carrara reported loading all those morphs even if they don't show in the paramters tab.  The clothing 'followed' the G8F into its pose and loaded material files.  However, the clothing did not retain the matching shaping FBMs.  Oddly, some FBMs do appear in the clothing parameter tab list, but not all.  This is different from the G8F parameter list which reports none of the FBMs despite applying them.  

In the attached screenshot, you can see some of the poke through in the torso of the dress where the figure applies its FBMs but the dress does not.

aa01 g8f prob no morphs for isla elizabeth or jackie.jpg
    1673 x 1005 - 251K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited February 2021

no movement morphs in dress?  depends on the pa.  

Post edited by Mistara on

Also, DS has collision detection going on all the time - again, I think this is set up by the PA, but I also think that Daz defaults at least some of that - say, when we auto-fit something.

Just for grins, I wonder if there's an option in DS that 'hides' those FBMs (in either/or clothing/figure) that we could unhide and save that way - if that would work in Carrara.

Also remember that Fenric made ERC for Carrara for good reason - DS and Poser can utilize remote control morphs - morphs that are activated upon a certain angle of a joint, etc., I believe that these things don't fire in Carrara, which might be where your woes are coming in.

These are some of the reasons why I really like to stick with compatible items for the most part. But in the cases of these presets by Misty, I just can't help but try them and have some fun! A bit too busy animating, simulating, testing and rendering lately to have tried this one yet, but I'll be getting to it for sure. And when I do, VWD will be my friend!!!

• yes I used VWD on the skirt in that video

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yes I used VWD on the skirt in that video

That reminds me. I forgot to start with:

That's a cool video/test, Wendy!!! She looks great! Lovely!

Clarification of what seems to be going wrong in the example I posted above.

The FBMs that are not being triggered in the clothing are the shaping FBMs, not the joint control morphs.  These shaping FBMs should be recognized through the transfer utility even if the PA does nothing.  Many PAs will create a limited set of shaping FBMs for specific characters and substitute their custom for the generic one created through the transfer utility.  But no shape FBM is being created in my example, whether generic default from transfer utility or custom created by a PA.

In this case. the figure shapes I used were a mixture of FBMs for the FBMIsla, FBMElizabeth, and FBMJackie.  None of these shape morphs are being projected from the figure to the clothing.  Not sure why.

The issue is not a pose morph like a joint correction in the armpit for rotating the shoulder.

if its an outfit i really really want to use, i autofit in the plugin, hten export the fit and import it back in as a morph,  i usually do it for bikini straps and strings.  sometimes i convert scaling to morphs, cuz once the thing is conformed in rara, the scaling has fits.  lol

i have lil bit of a fetish for the strappy skimpy wearables.  i love cross dressing them on the dudes.  i put poor david5 in aiko 3 mech suit  lol

for older poser stuff, i used the lyrra magnets and saved those fits as morphs in the outfits.  had to do that to put clothes on she freak.  i remember the first time i saw her, was during the pc sale month, she was such a beauty my jaw actually literally dropped. jaw dropping is a real thing, like the polar vortex.

waitin on my tax refund to get the 3d coat.  i just hope the interface isnt too tiny to see.

edited February 2021

Did a little trial with G8F to get clothing that does not work when applied.

Made a combination Alien morph (Talyn & Xeloria) for G8F in DAZ Studio, saved as a Shaping Preset. Applied some cothes in DAZ Studio, saved as a blended weight Scene Subset (each item)

Opened Misty's preset in Carrara, applied the Shape Preset, then fitted the blended weight clothing. The Bikini bottom worked okay, but the top is suffering pokethrough, which if I was going to fix would be to open the top in the Model room and fiddle with the mesh.

Like Diomede I am not sure why the FBM's don't work as intended, but I do know that some clothing fits while others don't.

G8F Combo DAZStudio 1.png
    2427 x 1023 - 401K
    G8F Combo Carrara 1.png
    2473 x 1031 - 468K

mebbe increase the max value on the morph limit?  

edited February 2021

Playing with morphs eventually found something that worked

G8F Combo Carrara 2.png
    2473 x 1037 - 480K