G8M content no longer showing in Smart Content pane?

Hey everyone,

Powered up the PC this morning to discover a strange issue. None of my content for G8M is showing up in the Smart Content pane. It was all there last night when I shut down for the day, and upon re-loading the saved file I was working on, all the content is gone.

I can still access it vis the Content Library tab, but being used to using SC this is a bit of a nuisance...

- I have tried the database reset and reimport, but it has made no difference.

- All other content shows in SC tab as normal (G8F is fine for example)

- I have ensured the external drive housing my DAZ content is powered on, but knowing G8F works proves the drive is there

- I have made zero changes to the system since it was working fine lasdt night

Any ideas as to what I've missed? I'm guessing a checkbox has been clicked somewhere in error or something, it's just wierd how it only seems to be affecting G8M!

Update: If I load a blank scene, all my G8M content shows up.  If I load a saved G8M character, no items show in SC pane.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

Ok, I found the problem. Turns out there was one change I made, - I purchased and installed Commodus HD For Genesis 8 Male this morning.

I don't know how or why, but uninstalling that character has solved all the issues.

I shall be filing a ticket as there is obviously some sort of issue with the product's settings or something. This part, alas, is way above my pay grade!

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

If you want to continue using him as your ticket proceeds.... deinstal and reinstall the Genesis 8 Male essentials after installing Commodus which will return eveything back to normal and also allows you to use the character...

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

@nemesis10 great tip, thanks! I shall give that a go!

• I have this happening too. I tried uninstalling Commodus HD for Genesis 8 Male but that didn't fix it. I also tried uninstalling the Genesis 8 Male PowerPose templates, but that didn't fix it either. If that not the right file. I am not finding one called Genesis 8 starter essentials.

• Turns out Connect doesn't work. I tried uninstalling them both and then re-installing but it didn't fix the problem. Then I uninstalled them both and went to DIM. In DIM I had 4 separated files for the starter essentials. I installed Commodus first and then I installed the other four files and I'm happy that Smart Content is now working again. In Connect, I only had the Genesis 8 Male PowerPose templates (which seemed to be everything rolled into one). In DiIM there was a Genesis 8 Male essentials, a Genesis 8 Female Essentials, a PowerPose file and one other.