Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

Serene Night said:

A picture is worth a thousand words

Oh wow, it is him. He is his own person that is for sure. Walking or wheel chair; he will not be cowed, he knows it's the law that's on paper that counts. I've been in the military and and 50% of those volunteers sincerely only volunteer for everyone else's sake but their own. The others mostly for college & training benefits to get out of minimum wage jobs without college debt or good high school grades. He seems to be the former, but either is a 100% legitimate and rational choice by the volunteer in question.

Anyway, Serene Night, your expensions look great. It's time your made a few DAZ 3D products for the store in all your fastidious attention to details.

is it a volunteer if they get paid.

Yes. You get paid for your job and you volunteered for that.

I forget that some people may of never heard of being drafted into the military. It's been gone about 50 years now in the USA. Used to be if you were male in the USA and 18 years old you got drafted by the military. You would take tests to show your aptitudes and be assigned your military job for training in that job. They still got paid though even though they didn't voluteer although it never amounted to minimum wage for the enlisted ranks. End of story. In such conditions some would voluteer for the Navy before they could get drafted so they'd be on a boat away from ground wars but Navy jobs were limited. 

The only restrictions that are supposed to be on volunteering for your job is competance in doing the job you are volunteering for. I don't care how many applications I fill out volunteering to be a doctor, ain't no hospital or medical business going to hire me as a doctor when I've done none of the work needed to be a competant doctor.

Volunteer equals free for no pay is a misnomer.

fascinating point of view. 

It's actually not a point of view at all. Just blandly factual. Were you drafted by your employer? No, you were not, you volunteered.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

My question is: what purpose does the Genesis 8.1 folder serve, if M8.1 and Base Male 8.1 are in the generic 8.0 character's folder?

edited February 2021

Okay, here we are, the dForce Track Suit. It seems to have undergone a name change at some point because  its showing up in my directory as the Make Tracks outfit.

I think the set is quite nice, but it is almost like a futuristic space uniform. Each color has a different "logo" From lightining to well, I'm not sure what symbol is on the red one. EDIT: Oh yeah, now I remember... Green Lantern anyone? 

The pocket in front does expand so you can put your keys or warm your hands inside the pouch. 

It comes in 5 colors and includes a foot pose.

trac.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 619K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Serene Night said:

My question is: what purpose does the Genesis 8.1 folder serve, if M8.1 and Base Male 8.1 are in the generic 8.0 character's folder?

None whatsoever, at the moment. Literally none. Since I use the Content Library and rearrange stuff, I put the Base Male 8.1 stuff and the M8.1 stuff into that directory, since that's where I'd normally think to look for him anyway.  Same with the female stuff.

It's worth noting that this weirdness extends down to the functional directories that we're not supposed to touch. There are directories for 8.1 textures, for example, and Base Male/Female 8.1 have textures in there ... but Michael and Victoria 8.1 are off in the older Genesis8 directories.

This really does feel like a release that wasn't entirely thought through.

Agreed. I moved all the G8.1 Base Male and M8.1 content to the new Genesis 8.1 Male folder. 

I want to keep them separate

edited February 2021

So here's a weird thing: like I said upthread, they updated the G8.1M expressions so that they have equivalent versions of the same ones that G8M has, only now they work. (Not the visemes, just the expressions.)

But they haven't updated the female expressions. Only the male.

I mean, the guys never get major improvements before the female characters! What even is happening in this place?

Post edited by vwrangler on

Interesting. I did not notice. I will check that now. 

What happened to me, is the latest G8.1 Male wiped my ability to be able to use G8 expressions again. I had to go back and remove the placeholders.

They also did a weird update with Genesis Male Gens. There use to be 8.1 gens, and now there are not. Nic told me about that one. Reinstalling the old Genesis 8 Male elements...Seems to restore it? 

My feeling is they need to stop dinkering around in the basic structures for these characters. They also need to use the sub directories for the sepcific 8.1 male and females. 

I also wish they would stop trying to impede my ability to use previously purchased expressions.

The galleries are back...

edited February 2021

Well, Picked up "The Author" before christmas https://www.daz3d.com/the-author

This is why you absolutely need to check stuff within 30 days. The scaling... Is really off. How this got past QA is anyone's guess!

Owen doesn't even fit on the bed, and he's the short one! (I use lo-rez figures of the boys when I pose them in environments for ease of use) . Then I save the pose once I get figure and lighting right, and import the full HD versions and use the pose to place them where I want 'em.

author.JPG
    727 x 817 - 96K

Serene Night said:

Well, Picked up "The Author" before christmas https://www.daz3d.com/the-author

This is why you absolutely need to check stuff within 30 days. The scaling... Is really off. How this got past QA is anyone's guess!

Owen doesn't even fit on the bed, and he's the short one! (I use lo-rez figures of the boys when I pose them in environments for ease of use) . Then I save the pose once I get figure and lighting right, and import the full HD versions and use the pose to place them where I want 'em.

I did the same thing, unfortunately. 

Maybe Drutherson and Topsy and Sitric and the other dwarves now have a modern house scaled to their size?

Serene Night said:

The galleries are back...

I'm glad. Even though most of my renders I toss out. laugh

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Can't you scale it up to fit and save that as a preload scene or scene subset?

Yes, The bed can be resized separately it seems as can the cabin. But environmental sizing is important because for example if I just increased the overal size of the environment the bed would be too tall, and the chair not the correct length for the characters legs. This is why Qa should load a base figure and make sure the bed and things are appropriately sized. 

True ,and it does seem that QA  has slacked alot in the last year ...

I am curious how Items are getting labeled and tagged in the gallery. I am not complaining, but for example, Someone tagged one of my images "Owen" However he is not Owen 8. And that is what all the figures in that tag refer to. My character Owen predates DAZ Store's Owen.

Also one of my images is tagged "Mixed-Media" And I know I would not have done that. 

Guess and ByGolly

Serene Night said:

I am curious how Items are getting labeled and tagged in the gallery. I am not complaining, but for example, Someone tagged one of my images "Owen" However he is not Owen 8. And that is what all the figures in that tag refer to. My character Owen predates DAZ Store's Owen.

Also one of my images is tagged "Mixed-Media" And I know I would not have done that. 

I noticed in my old images all the old tags I applied got them autosorted into these new categories. eg, toon renders I did in a nature set (I tagged nature, toon) causes my toon render to show up in the nature category. I was a bit suprised at first, as it's not what the casual observer would expect from a 'nature render' but I did tag it that way. I guess I should refrain myself to using one primary tag per render.

edited February 2021

Someone asked in another forum how well the new Strong Love poses by Muscleman genderbend. I would say pretty well. They do have the female with the typical cutie leg lift happening, but there is sufficient difference I think to warrant a purchase and the leg can be subject to gravity. The set includes poses for Durtherson/Topsy/Tipsy?   G8m/F  and G8F/G8F

pose1.JPG
    742 x 848 - 66K
    pose2.JPG
    750 x 851 - 72K
    pose3.JPG
    754 x 853 - 62K
    pose4.JPG
    741 x 849 - 65K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,744

Serene Night said:

Someone asked in another forum how well the new Strong Love poses by Muscleman genderbend. I would say pretty well. They do have the female with the typical cutie leg lift happening, but there is sufficient difference I think to warrant a purchase and the leg can be subject to gravity. The set includes poses for Durtherson/Topsy/Tipsy?   G8m/F  and G8F/G8F

I was a little weirded out by the exclusion of M/M poses when he made the effort to include F/F poses... but I guess that's his way of saying that some of the poses are a bit too feminine to be unisex?

edited February 2021

I think about half are usable as is, the rest require a bit of adjustment,  they weren't as bad as some poses where g8f must have a spinal disorder to stand the way she does.

In this case, the leg lift is present on both sex poses, there is mild hip thrust for women, and there are "pretty hands" for the females

I am guessing this was designed for Drutherson and the others were added later? I mean why else add Drutherson at all, he's not exactly a popular daz store figure.

There  is only minor differences between the straight couple and the lesbian set anyway.

I personally would like to see less genderized pose. The stuff they do for females is rather exaggerated and weird looking to me. Real women don't stand like that unless they are modeling.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217

nonesuch00 said:

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

Serene Night said:

Oh wow, it is him. He is his own person that is for sure. Walking or wheel chair; he will not be cowed, he knows it's the law that's on paper that counts. I've been in the military and and 50% of those volunteers sincerely only volunteer for everyone else's sake but their own. The others mostly for college & training benefits to get out of minimum wage jobs without college debt or good high school grades. He seems to be the former, but either is a 100% legitimate and rational choice by the volunteer in question.

Anyway, Serene Night, your expensions look great. It's time your made a few DAZ 3D products for the store in all your fastidious attention to details.

I forget that some people may of never heard of being drafted into the military. It's been gone about 50 years now in the USA. Used to be if you were male in the USA and 18 years old you got drafted by the military. You would take tests to show your aptitudes and be assigned your military job for training in that job. They still got paid though even though they didn't voluteer although it never amounted to minimum wage for the enlisted ranks. End of story. In such conditions some would voluteer for the Navy before they could get drafted so they'd be on a boat away from ground wars but Navy jobs were limited. 

The only restrictions that are supposed to be on volunteering for your job is competance in doing the job you are volunteering for. I don't care how many applications I fill out volunteering to be a doctor, ain't no hospital or medical business going to hire me as a doctor when I've done none of the work needed to be a competant doctor.

It's actually not a point of view at all. Just blandly factual. Were you drafted by your employer? No, you were not, you volunteered.

do i go around waxing poetic about employees?

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

lilweep said:

nonesuch00 said:

Serene Night said:

do i go around waxing poetic about employees?

Since you are again volunteering to reply to exactly what you claim you aren't doing, the answer must be a resounding "yes".

edited February 2021

It's M8.1 and his rather smug superior smile. wink

This time, I was intrigued by the promo which showed M8.1 with Ashan. 

So this is M8.1

70% Ashan

83.10% Eyes Height

66.20% Mouth Width

4.8 Brow Upper height

100% Posed with brows up

100% Max Nipples HD

M81e.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 960K
    edited February 2021

The new "pop the question" pose sets include a very nice ring, and some samesex options. I think I agree with Barbult, this is the better render.

Proposal.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 908K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I like the second one better. The color of Boyd's ring finger is strange in the first one. There is also a strange pink color between the two guys in the first one. Yup, number two gets my vote.

So. I decided to rename the Pop the question poses because I was struggling to find the alternates. Because the store requires the full name on Each pose on every pose, the poses all have extremely long names and aren't together. To find pose 1-proposer is at the top, pose 1b proposee is at the bottom. 

The set has 10 overall poses for men.   3 of them, it has only the gay half and the hetero half. This means, you have to use the straight male half and the gay male half together. 

The remaining 7 have both male/male counterparts. Confused yet? I was. 

If they want the user to be able to use the correct poses without struggling why not simply duplicate the straight male ones, rename them, so there is 10. 

edited February 2021

Looks, like there was an update to Look at Me scripts  by riversoft, and now the scripts don't work  in 4.11 however they do work in 4.15

Serene Night said:

Looks, like there was an update to Look at Me scripts  by riversoft, and now the scripts don't work  in 4.11 however they do work in 4.51

*4.15*
    I think he made a mistake and encrypted the script with the wrong DS version. Check the commercial theread. I think I remember something about a fix for that issue. 

Thanks! I have asked about it. Unfortunately, my cognitive abilities are somewhat reduced due to it being allergy season here. Allergy meds turn me into a total zombie

Serene Night said:

Thanks! I have asked about it. Unfortunately, my cognitive abilities are somewhat reduced due to it being allergy season here. Allergy meds turn me into a total zombie

Did you get the necessary file that he gave you a link to over in the commercial thread? You just need to replace the currently installed file with that one (assuming that you aren't installing with Daz Connect!!!!!).