(Released) Materia MeshMaker plug-in

12346»

Comments

• Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Alessandro Mastronardi  Is my request with regards to redistributing generated mesh being intentionally ignored?

not intentionally. I went back in the thread right now and found it. The geometry produced can be used for any purpose, also commercial so yes, you can share it.

Oh Great! Thank You  heart  laugh

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,770

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Alessandro Mastronardi  Is my request with regards to redistributing generated mesh being intentionally ignored?

not intentionally. I went back in the thread right now and found it. The geometry produced can be used for any purpose, also commercial so yes, you can share it.

Wow, thanks a lot. It is getting only better and better.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I posted this in the Commons, but no relies.

I've had Materia for awhile and finally came up with a project I could use it for.  I don't know if this is a DS 4.20 issue or not, but no matter the settings (used Presets first), I only get a diagonal across the 1/2 coverage. 1 Meter, 10 Meter, the reult is the same.

With all other objects, it seems to work as expected.

For the moment, I duplicate the Materia layer, & rotate 180 deg., but obviously that's a Kluge.

Anyone else seeing this?

10M Preset.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 278K
  • galiengalien Posts: 136

Doc Acme said:

I posted this in the Commons, but no relies.

I've had Materia for awhile and finally came up with a project I could use it for.  I don't know if this is a DS 4.20 issue or not, but no matter the settings (used Presets first), I only get a diagonal across the 1/2 coverage. 1 Meter, 10 Meter, the reult is the same.

With all other objects, it seems to work as expected.

For the moment, I duplicate the Materia layer, & rotate 180 deg., but obviously that's a Kluge.

Anyone else seeing this?

Maybe try increasing the number of divisions when you create the plane.

I see something similar to what you show when using a low division value (2 or 4), but increasing divisions to 64 or more gives a more even distribution.

• I think the problem is indeed the low resolution of the plane. A 4 points plane will provide too little infomation to produce the geometry. Try using a plane with at least 4-6 subdivisions. Cheers

In the vids, t looked like it was just a default plane.  I'll give it more divisions & give that a try.

Thanks.

That resolved the problem.  Thanks.

• Hey, now that I think about it, what happened with the expansion to Materia? I had high hopes for that.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

Hello,

I just bought Materia MeshMaker Plug-in and it download just fine on both of my Win 10 computers, but I only had one file on my MacBookPro M1. I found this thread and read through it. I saw that this was initially a Windows only product, which is not specified on the promo pages by Daz, but that you were working on a possible Apple version.

Is there any progress, or has Apple made it too difficult to make products for their computers now?

I still have the Win 10 versions I am able to use, just want to know. And thank you for this and supporting it. 

• memcneil70 said:

Hello,

I just bought Materia MeshMaker Plug-in and it download just fine on both of my Win 10 computers, but I only had one file on my MacBookPro M1. I found this thread and read through it. I saw that this was initially a Windows only product, which is not specified on the promo pages by Daz, but that you were working on a possible Apple version.

Is there any progress, or has Apple made it too difficult to make products for their computers now?

I still have the Win 10 versions I am able to use, just want to know. And thank you for this and supporting it. 

Hello, unfortunately there are two libraries, used to build up the plugin, that are available for Windows only. So at this time it isn't possible to have the Mac counterpart. That goes also for my other plugin "Mesh to Volume and back". Sorry about it, not much I can do...

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

memcneil70 said:

Hello,

Hello, unfortunately there are two libraries, used to build up the plugin, that are available for Windows only. So at this time it isn't possible to have the Mac counterpart. That goes also for my other plugin "Mesh to Volume and back". Sorry about it, not much I can do...

Thank you for responding. I understand. I still have two Win 10 computers to use it on.