Subdivision

Hi I have a question. Can the Subdivision be increased with an Apply?

Comments

• In a script or in general use? What do you mean by an apply?

• bu_es_d66e03e3c8bu_es_d66e03e3c8 Posts: 19
    edited February 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

In a script or in general use? What do you mean by an apply?

Well, either of the two would serve me ... 

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • You could save a proeprty preset with a specific value; I just had a poke around and couldn't figure out how to access the SubD modifier, though I'm sure it's possible.

• I have not been able to access the SubD either

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

Try these:

// oRootNode is a DzNode that has non-null getObject().getCurrentShape(),//  e.g. the DzSkeleton of a Figure:// Test if the mesh of oRootNode is Sub-Divided (via the "Level of Detail" property)://   i.e. Parameters > General > Mesh Resolution > Resolution Level//     0 = Base//     1 = High Resolutionvar Property = oRootNode.getObject().getCurrentShape().findProperty( 'lodlevel' );if( Property ) {     // DzEnumProperty  if( Property.getNumItems() > 1 ) {    // The mesh is Sub-Divided.    //   Both the 0 and 1 values are available on the Property  } else {    // The mesh is not Sub-Divided.    //   The only value available on the Property is 0 = Base  }}// Sub-Divide the Mesh of oRootNode://  DzSubDAction acts on the currently-Selected Node:Scene.selectAllNodes( false );oRootNode.select( true );MainWindow.getActionMgr().findAction( 'DzSubDAction' ).trigger();// Get the Sub-Division Level:var nLevel = oRootNode.getObject().getCurrentShape().getLODControl().getValue();// Set the Sub-Division Level:oRootNode.getObject().getCurrentShape().getLODControl().setValue( nMyNewValue );

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited February 2021

Are you sure? Level of detail is the name of an older feature, not supported by the DSON format though it still works in DS.

Edit: yes, that tries to run Convert to SubD on my (already SubD) target, so I'm pretty sure you are looking for old-style LoDs (explicit alternative geometries with reduced polygon counts but the existing vertices matching the base item's) rather than SubD. Edit 2: but the Mesh Resolution property on the object is named lodlevel, so I'm not sure why the script fails for me. Final edit for now - you need to put the code running the Convert to SubD action inside the conditional else block.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

Yup - I just tested it on a Cube primitive, and it worked as expected.

(Using DS v4.12.2.6 Beta)

• Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure? Level of detail is the name of an older feature, not supported by the DSON format though it still works in DS.

Edit: yes, that tries to run Convert to SubD on my (already SubD) target, so I'm pretty sure you are looking for old-style LoDs (explicit alternative geometries with reduced polygon counts but the existing vertices matching the base item's) rather than SubD. Edit 2: but the Mesh Resolution property on the object is named lodlevel, so I'm not sure why the script fails for me. Final edit for now - you need to put the code running the Convert to SubD action inside the conditional else block.

If it's the set that is failing, could the property be locked?

• TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If it's the set that is failing, could the property be locked?

I wouldn't think so, it was a newly created primitive with SubD applied - I didn't save, though, so can't check.