mcjTailorsChalk - helps create opacity maps and textures for your posed figures (Updated apr 2017)

2»

Comments

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2017

UPDATE UPDATE Genesis 3 and UP  UPDATE UPDATE

August 15th 2017 9:16PM - fixed issue with Genesis3 and up which has faceGroup names that dont match the bone names, including upper/lower case issues

maintenance.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 111K
    repair.jpg
    600 x 600 - 317K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

Thanks for the swift reply.

Also yeah I did noticed that flat planes seem to give nonsensical chalk lines on fitted clothes.

Spheres work fine though.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited September 2018

Hi @mCasual, I was trying this today to make a skirt a little shorter, so I had just a skirt, and a plane.  Selected both, standard options, but the result was just a white jpg.  (no lines)

Have you tried this recently with G8F, or DS 4.10.0.123?

EDIT/UPDATE - Never Mind!  I did not notice you had posted an update late last year, works fine!  yes

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,333

Hey - it looks like files have got mixed up on your site, and the page for mcjTailorschalk now has a link to mcjSugarPotAndCreamer.zip instead of the chalk tool.

(Not something I personally need - I've got the file, but I saw somewhere else that someone who wanted it couldn't find it).

• Very nice thank you for your hard work

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Silver Dolphin said:

Very nice thank you for your hard work

Did you find the file? I went to look for it but, as Matt said, it is linked to a different script. 

edited January 2021

Thanks !

in January google was phasing out the "classic" google sites, so i had to spend hours and hours rebuilding my hundreds of web pages 

anyway ... the tailor's chalk zip file is now back at the bottom of the tailor's chalk web page

testing a direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BdGjc_QALzY_Fpu1PJdZfU1yy864jQsB/view?usp=drive_web

or

the actual web page  https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjtailorschalk

for the record, that's a 2014 script updated in 2017 but it still works in 2021, magine that

Matt_Castle said:

Hey - it looks like files have got mixed up on your site, and the page for mcjTailorschalk now has a link to mcjSugarPotAndCreamer.zip instead of the chalk tool.

(Not something I personally need - I've got the file, but I saw somewhere else that someone who wanted it couldn't find it).

Thanks for a quick response. I'll go and get the file now.

mCasual said:

for the record, that's a 2014 script updated in 2017 but it still works in 2021, magine that

And hopefully will continue doing so for a long time to come. It's a really useful tool to do some tricks that would be really quite hard otherwise. (A dedicated boolean tool would be great, but I'm not aware of one, unless that's something else in your massive library of scripts).

I mean at some point to try doing a Terminator-themed render, where the time-travel carves a sphere out of the arrival zone. Functionally the same principle as above, I suppose, but it just occurred to me that it'd be another idea to play with.

Matt_Castle said:

mCasual said:

And hopefully will continue doing so for a long time to come. It's a really useful tool to do some tricks that would be really quite hard otherwise. (A dedicated boolean tool would be great, but I'm not aware of one, unless that's something else in your massive library of scripts).

I mean at some point to try doing a Terminator-themed render, where the time-travel carves a sphere out of the arrival zone. Functionally the same principle as above, I suppose, but it just occurred to me that it'd be another idea to play with.

That is very impressive. I'd appreciate a little walkthrough of how you did it (the red edging, for example). I tried to use the TailorsChalk to create a see-through area of a G8 body in order to show DAZ anatomy and skeleton (I only have the V4 versions unfortunately) but I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. The opacity map I created with this script was practically useless but you seem to have go the hang of it. 

• I've noticed that recently this script hasn't been working quite like it should, particularly around the neck area of G8F (and 8.1) - see attached. Planes clearly intersect the neck (trying to make a jointed mannequin, lol) and the resulting image is...sparse.

I understand that this is likely the fault of a recent Daz version.

temp1.png
    646 x 196 - 118K
    temp2.png
    2048 x 869 - 397K

I can report that I have similar problems to intoxiton, with the script not always drawing all the intersection points.

edited March 2022

maybe maybe doing your chalk lines on the base unmorphed Genesis would work better

because i dont remember taking the currently selected UV map found in the surfaces tab into account in the script

hmm but then when you use the generated texture map and apply it to your character that has a different UV map the problem will re-surface.

another workaround would be to export your figure as an .obj, load that obj, and use mcjTailor's chalk on that geometry

then use the chalk-line based texture on your real figure.

not sure Daz exports uber-shaded surfaces correctly, personally, i apply the old DSDefault shader on all surfaces before exporting to .obj