Bugga Boo Hair Fits Freebies!... and other stuff.

Lady LittlefoxLady Littlefox Posts: 667
edited January 2021 in Freebies

Starting a link list here for anyone who wants to post morphs for helping products fit Bugga Boo.  
Now be aware, the only things that are being provided here are morphs to help things fit..  This still means you have to own the original product!
These morphs are provided as is, and were what I used for making promos.   ;) 
If you have any fits or freebie content you'd like to offer fitting Bugga Boo,  please feel free to post them here and I'll add them to a compilation list in the first post of the thread ;)

Hair Morphs
http://www.ladylittlefox.com/BuggaBoo Hair Fit Freebie.zip
Or
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kosz5wF2FDGY-hq-k_qNfL3Jl42I76Uw/view?usp=sharing ;
Contains fits for:
3dUniverse's  Paige and Ravyn Hairs
AprilYSH's Miranda and Pascale Hairs
Biscuit's Jam Hair
GoldTassel's PonyKnots Hair
Hamster's Lancy Hair
Karth's Fuzzy Overall for G8Baby
Linday's Primavera Hair
Littlefox's Cutie, Dalia, AnimePigtails, Jette, Kenji, Kinley, Laura, Long Sakura, Lori, Luc, Kyla, Bunny and Thistle Hair, Also Thistle's non-graft Tail and Ears
Mihrelle's Curly Bun
Nirvana's Fashion Stylized Bob
OutofTouch's Shirley Hair

Hair Magnet:
Problem is that there are no trivial ways to auto fit hair... it's too radically different in size, shape and construction and  it stands a non-standard distance from the head.
Best I can do with any hope of success is a generic deformer that you'll have to nudge a bit to get to behave and won't solve all solutions just some..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x8dgMdF1NBG778GQza5NF9zEVTZXA6a5/view?usp=sharing

To use this...
Load hair onto Bugga
 Go into the hair under 'Current' and turn OFF both of the auto generated Bugga morphs.
Turn off Enable Smoothing.
With Hair still selected, load the magnet.
It may ask what other parts of the hair to apply to if it is multiple figures,  do the all.
Now  it may or may not look like it's working at this point... dforce hair can get pretty tempramental...
If it looks like it more or less fits but is hovering way over the head, go inside the hair, find D-Former 1-Base,  Go inside that and you'll find 'D-Former1'   Select that
This will give you complete control of the magnet for adjustment.  Simply use the 'Ytranslate' to gently bring the hair downward onto the head.
You can also use the different scales and rotations to adjust it.
If the hair is so big that the magnet doesn't encompass it, you're looking for 'D-Former 1 Field' scale that up till the whole hair can move around as needed

Now this is not a perfect solution,  For short hair that clings to the back of the neck it's still going to have some trouble.  But this should get you in the ball park for longer hair at least.

Boot Fitter:
This won't fix 100% of cases with the shoes, but it should help a bit...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVMS9htmHweloXCkEX3O5XiU3admrWIJ/view?usp=sharing
Load it onto Bugga,  then look for the 'sock' on under Bugga in the scene... conform shoes to this... there are morphs on it that will allow you to loosen the fit and such. 
Whether this works is largely dependent on how the shoes are built but it should help make a smoother conform for some of them.
Also it won't work on anything that goes above the shin so don't try to use it for conforming pants too ;P

Post edited by Lady Littlefox on

Comments

• BeaBea Posts: 743

I am getting this message :(

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• Arg, one sec while I beat my provider... I just uploaded it.

• try now ;)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Now it works thank you very much

• Thank you so much!!!

• BeaBea Posts: 743

thanks :) Now waiting for Bugga Boo to appear in the store :) :)

• Bugga Boo?

• Jan_ScrapperJan_Scrapper Posts: 351
    edited January 2021

I have a bad toothache and cannot sleep!!  

BuggaBoo is here and I bought everything!!!  I need to go on a diet anyway LOL...just kidding!!!!

I guess I will try to see the dentist on Monday, but right now, I have a new baby doll!! LOVE!!!

Post edited by Jan_Scrapper on
  • RainRain Posts: 335

Lady Littlefox said:

Starting a link list here for anyone who wants to post morphs for helping products fit Bugga Boo.  
    Now be aware, the only things that are being provided here are morphs to help things fit..  This still means you have to own the original product!
    These morphs are provided as is, and were what I used for making promos.   ;) 
    If you have any fits or freebie content you'd like to offer fitting Bugga Boo,  please feel free to post them here and I'll add them to a compilation list in the first post of the thread ;)

http://www.ladylittlefox.com/BuggaBoo Hair Fit Freebie.zip
    Contains fits for:
    3dUniverse's  Paige and Ravyn Hairs
    AprilYSH's Miranda and Pascale Hairs
    Biscuit's Jam Hair
    GoldTassel's PonyKnots Hair
    Hamster's Lancy Hair
    Karth's Fuzzy Overall for G8Baby
    Linday's Primavera Hair
    Littlefox's Cutie, Dalia, AnimePigtails, Jette, Kenji, Kinley, Laura, Long Sakura, Lori, Luc, Kyla, Bunny and Thistle Hair, Also Thistle's non-graft Tail and Ears
    Mihrelle's Curly Bun
    Nirvana's Fashion Stylized Bob
    OutofTouch's Shirley Hair

The link doesn't work for me.  She's adorable though, I must have her even though I swore I wouldn't buy anything for awhile.

• Eeeeep, I'll poke it with a stick as soon as I get back to my computer.

• Wouldn't work by clicking on link

But did work using right click save as

• Lady LittlefoxLady Littlefox Posts: 667
    edited January 2021

Hmmmm very weird... wonder if I can upload it... it's like 54M ....  Hmmm maybe not....  The link seems to be working if you right click save as... I'll see if I can find another way to easily provide it

*Grins*  Thanks Robert, beat me to it ;)

• i don't understand why i buy a character for genesis 8 female (which is absolutely cute, by the way) but absolutely no hair fits her.  and I can't know that from the product description.  I am really considering giving the product back because every hair type causes problems and needs to be adjusted.  the hairfix seems to be only suitable for limited hair.  But surely it can't be that a g8 character is designed that doesn't fit all hair? actually I thought that this article was testing, or was it just testing the hair that you can buy for Bugga Boo?  On the promos for the product, you can see Bugga boo with so many different hairs, it's a shame that I can only use mine to a very limited extent

• Auto fitting with such a massive change is difficult. Most hairs aren't set up for it. 

I refit the hairs I owned, but unfortunately I don't own all of them so couldn't make all possible fits. If you need to return I do understand.

• so I won't be able to expect any more updates?  what about fix for clothes.  especially the shoes cause trouble

Does the refitting require a modeling program?or can it be done inside Studio?

• Fits of hair largely depend on either the maker making the morph, the maker sending me a copy or someone being kind enough to upload a morph....  Without the hair itself in my library, I'm kind of powerless to add fits for it....

Though that said, there are a couple of tricks to fake it that alot of folks used in playing with her.

Load hair conforming to her.
    Turn off the morph auto generated.
    Make sure that the hair figure is set to AutoFollow Transforms (It's in the parameter tab under the main body's settings  Sometimes defaults to Redirect transforms)
    And turn off Enable smoothing
    Now go to the head and this is by no means perfect but it's a close approximation...:  Y trans 2, ztrans 1 bend -4 scale 310, xscale 110, y scale 117, zscale 95

By turning on Auto Follow transforms, it will give you access to scaling and translation and such of individual pieces without the overall figure loosing its mind... so you can adjust the fit of things manually. 

That said, shoes are kind of hit and miss depending on who made them... I mean... Agate Noir works right out of the box, heels and all... boom things of beauty.... Time for school unfortunately doesn't seem to...  So this is largely an individual developer support thing.   You can pull the scale to fit, but it doesn't always work.

I'll try to put on priority a set of shoes for her or see if any of the developers will so she isn't left shoeless until updates can be done. And I'm more than willing to send a copy of Bugga to clothing makers if they'll support her, but she is quite an extreme morph that as is, and clothing construction on hair and shoes is so wildly different that it's not really possible to auto fix them..... or atleast I haven't come up with a way..... I'll think on it for a bit.

• Refits there are some hinky ways to do it Carrie.... one is to work the scaling like I said, then hide everything but that piece and export without subdivision then reset everything and load the morph into the clothing over the auto generated one..... but non trivial amount of hoops...
    Magnets work well but they're also kind of non trivial and require the user to know how to use the selection tools and dformer and weight maps....
    Easy way is zbrush or a modeling program....  Least that's how I tend to do it.

• the daz store is the way for people who don't know their way around perfectly and just like to buy things that then work without any problems. i think the character is absolutely cute. and I will probably keep it, although I feel very restricted and angry. I don't know all the things about the difficult adjustment as a loan. and in the product description you don't read anything about the fact that most hair will not fit. I do not like that. Because the promos are so perfect that you think everything fits perfectly without any problems. Nevertheless, thank you very much for the quick and honest answer.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

The link does not work for me :(

• Wonder if it's dreamhost that is the problem.... pokes google and see if I can upload it there.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

the obvious solution is to make hairs into props and parent them.

I haven't bought Bugga Boo yet but that's generally what I do for extreme shapes

one can move the hair centre to 0,0,0 using the hip before converting to prop so it parents correctly 

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

Lady Littlefox.  I have to say thanks for this character.  I really like her.  I'm also really greatful for the extra hairmorphs.  If it wasn't for those.... best not say it.

I think that for such extreme morphs, you should look into creating a generic hair fixer?  I wouldn't have to be perfect (like the provided morphs), but it would help with other hair.

• Lady LittlefoxLady Littlefox Posts: 667
    edited January 2021

This won't fix 100% of cases with the shoes, but it should help a bit...
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVMS9htmHweloXCkEX3O5XiU3admrWIJ/view?usp=sharing
    Load it onto Bugga,  then look for the 'sock' on under Bugga in the scene... conform shoes to this... there are morphs on it that will allow you to loosen the fit and such. 
    Whether this works is largely dependent on how the shoes are built but it should help make a smoother conform for some of them.
    Also it won't work on anything that goes above the shin so don't try to use it for conforming pants too ;P

2021-01-24_20-35-52.jpg
    879 x 708 - 55K

Thank you ,Lady LittleFox

• Problem is that there are no trivial ways to auto fit hair... it's too radically different in size, shape and construction and  it stands a non-standard distance from the head.
    Best I can do with any hope of success is a generic deformer that you'll have to nudge a bit to get to behave and won't solve all solutions just some..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x8dgMdF1NBG778GQza5NF9zEVTZXA6a5/view?usp=sharing

To use this...
    Load hair onto Bugga
     Go into the hair under 'Current' and turn OFF both of the auto generated Bugga morphs.
    Turn off Enable Smoothing.
    With Hair still selected, load the magnet.
    It may ask what other parts of the hair to apply to if it is multiple figures,  do the all.
    Now  it may or may not look like it's working at this point... dforce hair can get pretty tempramental...
    If it looks like it more or less fits but is hovering way over the head, go inside the hair, find D-Former 1-Base,  Go inside that and you'll find 'D-Former1'   Select that
    This will give you complete control of the magnet for adjustment.  Simply use the 'Ytranslate' to gently bring the hair downward onto the head.
    You can also use the different scales and rotations to adjust it.
    If the hair is so big that the magnet doesn't encompass it, you're looking for 'D-Former 1 Field' scale that up till the whole hair can move around as needed

Now this is not a perfect solution,  For short hair that clings to the back of the neck it's still going to have some trouble.  But this should get you in the ball park for longer hair at least.

• I love Bugga! another lovely character by you!

About hair, i never autofit...i load the hair avoiding autofit , deselecting any figure, then i adjust it scaling and sometime with dformers and

if the hair has adjust morphs use them.