A Contest that may be of interest to the NEW Bryce Users

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited August 2012 in Bryce Discussion

The Community Volunteers Team run a contest every month which is designed as a combination of a learning experience and a contest/

This month the contest could very well appeal to Bryce Users, as we are focusing on DOF.

As tnis is an educational contest there are 2 threads invlolved. We have a WIP thread, where you post your images, and people come in and offer advice, help, and tips to polish up your skills.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5084/

Once you feel your render is as good as it will get, you then move it over to the Main Contest thread, for judging at the end of the month

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5085/

It would be really nice to see some of the New Brycers join in.

Edited to add I guess I had better put a link to the rules, the boring bit of it all.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3440/

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Whats clasified as 'A New Brycers' I've had bryce for ages but never really got the hang of it for more than doing skies for backgrounds.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You have hit on something that we have been debating for ages, just how do you define a New User, and we still haven't come to a really satisfactory conclusion.

To a certain extent we have to rely on a person's integrity and expect them to know if they are genuinely new users and to be honest about it.

It did used to be a lot easier than it is now, but with the Software offer we are getting people who may have used other apps before, but only just picked up DS or Bryce.

So basically pop in, see what is happening, and work out if you fit.

We accept renders done in DS, Poser and Carrara as well as Bryce, but for some reason rarely get many Brycers join in. Which was why I flagged this one up here, because it was something that could be done in all the apps mentioned.

Last month we concentrated on Posing, which wasn't anything that really could be done in Bryce.

Last months WIP thread and contest thread is still in the New Users Contest forum, as are the ones for June, so you could also take a look at those and see how we do things.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Hi Pam, I'm guessing I don't qualify as a "new user", since I've got a few hours Bryce experience under my belt, just dabbling you know... so instead I've thrown in a tutorial - that OK?

Bryce Depth of Field effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

edited August 2012

David, I have said thankyou over in Jeff's WIP thread, but I shall repeat it here, This is great, and all I hope now is that we do indeed get some of the Bryce New Users come to play.

We have had a couple of Brycers join in, in the past, over on the old forums, and we do really want to include all software users in our contests. It is so much fun seeing how things work so differently in the different apps.

And with the set up we now have it is great seeing how people are taking the advice on board and progressing.

The New Users forums were really the CVs baby, and we are thrilled to see how ell they have done, both the Help one and the Contest one.

Despite now being mods, the Daz Forum Team still consider themselves as part of the CV team as well, because it is where we all started.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

New users are the lifeblood of any hobby. It is incumbent on the "old hands" to welcome them otherwise Bryce will die a long slow death through lack of interest and development.

edited December 1969

New users are the lifeblood of any hobby. It is incumbent on the "old hands" to welcome them otherwise Bryce will die a long slow death through lack of interest and development.

That is so true.