How do I get the discount on another DM product with DM's Kapelle?

AethyrAethyr Posts: 91
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi there,

I figured I'd post here as well as contacting support, to see if I'd missed something. I picked up Kapelle on its own -- I figured it was the same as just about every other "Buy X, get a discount on Y" offer where I'd get a discount code -- but no such code has transpired. I wanted to pick up DM's Legends as well, but obviously I'd rather have it at the offered discount.

Has anyone taken up this offer so far and might be able to point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

When you have Kapelle and another DM item in your cart when you go to checkout it discounts the other DM item.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

wow it works on all the DM items in your cart. I really didnt want the Kapelle..not my style but when I saw how much I was saving when I added some other items I wanted it really outweighed not wanting the Kapelle.

I got 3 sets I really wanted and used the monthly coupon to help out a bit more. Can't wait to get home and download.

• edited December 1969

I didn't see the small writing at the bottom of the newsletter that said "All items must be included in shopping cart at checkout." I thought it worked like it always did...buy the item, then get a discount coupon in your account. I didn't really want/like Kapelle that much, but I did want another DM set for half price. So....is there any way to fix this or did I screw myself? >:-(

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited August 2012

I didn't look all the way down to the bottom of the newsletter, and it doesn't say anything about "all in the cart at once" on the store page. A good thing I usually don't buy up my cartful of goodies until Friday, I was wondering about this question myself.

Now if only I can get my Order History to cough up which DM goodies I've already bought... <headdesk>

Edit: Nearly forgot, can anyone confirm if the store page link does actually give us every item the offer is valid for? After the last couple of months, it's a case of "don't trust, not sure how to verify".

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I didn't see the small writing at the bottom of the newsletter that said "All items must be included in shopping cart at checkout." I thought it worked like it always did...buy the item, then get a discount coupon in your account. I didn't really want/like Kapelle that much, but I did want another DM set for half price. So....is there any way to fix this or did I screw myself? >:-(

You and me both.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

You can repurchase the item and then submit a ticket asking for a refund of the first one you purchased.

If you are in the US, you can using the toll free number and ask for a refund.

I have the feeling that many users who either haven't received the newsletter or haven't read it will be having the same trouble. This is going to cause sales and Zen desk no end of headaches this weekend.

Especially given the number of newsletter subscribers who don't get the newsletter until very late in the sale.

edited August 2012

icprncss said:
    You can repurchase the item and then submit a ticket asking for a refund of the first one you purchased.

Exactly what I just did. Just a suggestion: don't just count on people seeing that crucial piece of info down at the bottom of the newsletter (obviously, some of us aren't that attentive, myself included) -- put that information on the "Kapelle" product page as well, just so more people don't make this exact same mistake.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Clarification needs to be stated in the DM Weekend Sale link in the Sales and Promotions category also.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited August 2012

Greetings,
    Whoo... Got Kapelle, Zahir's Palace, Instances, and the Kay Bundle (OMG, I love those ankle BOOTS!) plus the Sandy Hair, for $27.29 (after about $4 of store credit applied, and the PC membership coupon), i.e. less than the PC discounted price of the Kay Bundle alone. :)!

I was lusting after the Kay boots mainly, but with the discount, splurged on the whole bundle. Very nice deal...

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

just checking: the discount works on more than 1 DM item if you add it them all to your cart along with the Kapelle one?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    just checking: the discount works on more than 1 DM item if you add it them all to your cart along with the Kapelle one?

Yep. I've got $60 worth of stuff waiting for the paycheck to clear this weekend. The cart says it will cost me $30

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:

You and me both.

Same here. :lol: :-S

Sure I could start jumping through all the hoops by repurchasing the product, then submitting a ticket to sales, then waiting however many days/weeks it will take them to get to my ticket - after wading through however many hundred tickets submitted by other people who have been caught out by the same vaguaries - and issue my refund. But all this hoop-jumping is wearing me out so I'll just give this a pass and put it down to experience.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thx for posting this stuff. It will save a lot of us quite a few headaches. :shut:

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I have a different problem about the only thing on that list I don't already own is Kapelle so I can't save my self any money :long:

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Just wondering: did anyone else buy Mixed Fantasy from the DM products? And if so, did the installer actually install anything in the Scenes directory? The readme says that there should be a PZ3 file in Scenes\DM Production Pz3's\MixedFantasy which is the easiest way to load the whole thing, but that file wasn't included in mine, although everything else seems to have installed fine (I think). Not a huge deal, just easier if it's there.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Just wondering: did anyone else buy Mixed Fantasy from the DM products? And if so, did the installer actually install anything in the Scenes directory? The readme says that there should be a PZ3 file in Scenes\DM Production Pz3's\MixedFantasy which is the easiest way to load the whole thing, but that file wasn't included in mine, although everything else seems to have installed fine (I think). Not a huge deal, just easier if it's there.

I have Mixed Fantasy, but I bought it from Rendo so the folder setup may be different. But mine goes:

Runtime/Geometries
    Runtime/Libraries
    Runtime/DM Production Pz3's

Try installing yours to a dummy folder and see where the scenes end up.

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

I've been reinstalling a lot of my content (including a lot of DM stuff), and so far, NOTHING has been installed in the Poser Formats --> My Library --> Scene directory. All of the PZ3 scene files for the DM stuff I have installed seem to have gone under the Poser Format --> My Library --> Props directory. (and they do setup complete scenes), or under the DAZ Studio --> My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won't read them), Hope that helps.

edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    or under the DAZ Studio --> My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won't read them), Hope that helps.

D|S can't read them because they're in a D|S content location but the files are in Poser format. Move that whole folder into the folder containing the other scene files, that should work.

(fingers crossed)
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    or under the DAZ Studio --> My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won't read them), Hope that helps.

D|S can't read them because they're in a D|S content location but the files are in Poser format. Move that whole folder into the folder containing the other scene files, that should work.

(fingers crossed)

Figures. I should have realized that. Thanks...

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    vwrangler said:

I've been reinstalling a lot of my content (including a lot of DM stuff), and so far, NOTHING has been installed in the Poser Formats -- My Library -; Scene directory. All of the PZ3 scene files for the DM stuff I have installed seem to have gone under the Poser Format - My Library - Props directory. (and they do setup complete scenes), or under the DAZ Studio -- My Library directory (where they exist in a folder, but Studio won't read them), Hope that helps.

And that was in fact the issue. All but one of the four items I'd purchased put its Poser scene files into that top-level Scenes directory, but the only things in that directory are supposed to be .DAZ files and their associated image files. (Also turned out that they weren't the only misplaced files; there were some other things that I hadn't even known had scene files in that directory. Will make several items rather more functional.)

Thanks for the assistance!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

The Scenes library is new in Poser 9, and newly supported in DS4. These products are older than that, when there wasn't a way to access PZ3s through the library, so the location wasn't dictated - I think DAZ put them outside the Runtime to make them easier to find and relocate.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Clarification needs to be stated in the DM Weekend Sale link in the Sales and Promotions category also.

It should have been stated the first day of the sale. I don't really want to submit a ticket and wait for a store credit or refund. Having to double purchase an item (I purchased it the first day) shouldn't be need to fix a problem. I love DM's work but that mistake by Daz cost DM and Daz an item sale.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I lost out on this one too, and when the store opens it will be too late for the "weekend" deal! So much for simple browsing and buying... >:(

• edited December 1969

I too would have wanted to use the 50% off on more DM items :(

edited December 1969

And I just realised the Kapelle set, excellent though it is, only loads in D|S4. I know it says in the "What's Included" tab (that you don't see unless you click on it) that it's optimised for D|S4, and all the D|S files are formats that don't exist in D|S3.

"Optimised for" shouldn't mean "only works in" — and we should always have a clear declaration of the usable versions when there are D|S files.

I know DAZ wants to move everything to its shiny new D|S formats (when 4.5 is finally in final release, and not before, please) but I also know I'm not the only one who still prefers to use D|S3 at the moment. Is there actually anything in this set that wouldn't work in D|S3?

And I see the D|S files are scattered again — the scenes are in a Presets folder, the actual parts in a Props/Architecture/DM folder. Does DAZ realise how annoying that is? A couple of recent items with included scene files, it took me a while to find the things because they were in a weird folder that had never been used before.

On the gripping hand, I just did a quick render of one of the preset scenes and it looks gorgeous. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

If theer are materials in .dsa format you could always load the Poser props and apply the materials, or if you have DS4 but prefer DS3 you could save your own materials (and lights and pose) presets in .dsa format from File>Save as>Deprecated.

edited December 1969

A great idea, and I'd forgotten all about doing that, but I'm still on 4.0.3.47 and it doesn't have File>Save As>Deprecated — that's a 4.5 feature, isn't it?

edited December 1969

No, though exactly where the deprecated formats are in the Save as menu has changed several times and since I do have 4.5, I can't check the location in 4.0.anything.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

You can also load the Poser materials in DS3 and tweak them.

edited December 1969

I'm not very good at tweaking. I'm especially not very good at tweaking to match the quality of typical DM goodies' materials parameters, and for a set this good I don't dare do it badly. Fortunately I don't have to, saving a .dsa from D|S4 for each prop, then loading the Poser files in D|S3 and adding the .dsa works. It'll just take a while to get everything converted, and I'm not sure if the same trick will work with the D|S lights. Have to experiment some more.