Amapi 6?

shokanshokan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I used to own this software by the same people who developed Hexagon. I've lost the disc but still have the license number. I've found a v6 trial but it asks for a temporary license number first, which I don't have and there's no way anywhere else to enter my full license number. A person at Polyloop used to offer the installer, but not anymore.

Can anybody help with getting a working copy of v6? Or, one where I can enter my full license number? Or, the temporary license number to unlock the trial I just downloaded?

Comments

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

You could try to contact Tomas over at polyloop and see if it's possible to get a new installer. He's the one that had Eovia back then. He's also known as Totyo over at zbrush central.

• shokanshokan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, Thomas doesn't offer it anymore. Thanks anyway. Philip Staiger (thebest3d) says he might still have a copy I can use my serial # with. Just wanted this one back for old time's sake. It had that cool GUI with the tools in an arc that pop out when you flick your cursor over to the right. As I recall, though, it was not a stable software, at least as far as the ones I owned (v4.15 through v6.1).

edited December 1969

Ok, Well I hope you'll get it. ;)
    Back then I was kinda hoping and waiting for Amapi 8 when Smith Micro bought it all and then discontinued it all. The ones I've talked to that beta tested version 8 said that it was the best one ever. Too bad though that it was never released.

edited July 2014

Ghostman said:
    The ones I've talked to that beta tested version 8 said that it was the best one ever. .

Aw jeez, really? That IS too bad. Imagine how those poor developers felt, eh? Also, too bad they can't be brought back in to continue with a step up with Hexagon. I assume it was the same French fellows that did Hexagon were also the Amapi developers.
    Post edited by shokan on
    edited December 1969

Yep. The same guys. From what I understand Hexagon was a spin off from Amapi.

• RaytownmikeRaytownmike Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

PC or Mac? I have the Mac 6.1 version. It doesn't work for me because it's non compatible this my version of OSX,

edited December 1969

PC or Mac? I have the Mac 6.1 version. It doesn't work for me because it's non compatible this my version of OSX,
    Windows. But, I have decided not to pursue this any further. It was just nostalgia that was the motivation. There are far better choices with current software.
  • RaytownmikeRaytownmike Posts: 58
    edited July 2014

I think that makes a lot of sense! Good luck!

Post edited by Raytownmike on