• I liked this tutorial on splitting morphs:

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    edited January 2021

I liked this tutorial on splitting morphs:

Thanks Catherine!
    Post edited by CHWT on
  • Mike3DMike3D Posts: 25
    edited June 2023

I've created a free script to handle the whole process, available here.

Discussion thread : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/617476/character-splitter

Post edited by Mike3D on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,749
    edited May 2023

@Mike3D  Many thanks for the script!  I cannt wait to try it...yes  And I wonder how many treasures are buried in here ~~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • 3Diva said:

Hi divamakeup thanks,  it's for Genesis 8. I've never used HeadSplit DFormer so I'll take a look.

Ok it can be a bit complicated the first time you use it. I'll try and explain it as best as I can:

First load a fresh Genesis 8 Female and with her selected go to Smart Content >> Utilities and find the "Genesis 8 Female HeadSplit DFormer". Double click on it to apply it. 

Then to go to the Scene Tab and, with G8F selected, go to Assets >> Morph Loader Pro. Click on "Choose Morph Files" and navigate to where your morph is and select it - but don't hit accept yet. Once your Morph is selected in the Morph Loader Pro window, click on the little arrow to the left of it to expand it's options. 

Then go down to where is says "Attenuate By:" and right click on "none" then Select Weight Maps >> D-Former_1 >> Influence Maps:

If you leave the Strength at "1" it will load just the head portion of the morph. If you set it to "-1" it will load just the body portion of the morph.

Hit accept then the morph will be under Parameters >> Morphs.

You'll need to do the process twice - once for the head and once for the body. 

You should then be able to save the morphs as File >> Save As >> Support Asset >> Morph Asset(s).

I tried this and its not where you claim it to be in Daz Studio at all, i had to go to Edit and find it there, its wa snever in the Smart Content section at all, you should post a more up to date version of you post, cause old post don't work in the new features of Daz.