StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• Nice

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

I thought it was a photograph of your home.

• barbult said:

I thought it was a photograph of your home.

I sure wish, maybe one day I can 3D print myself that as a house :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Your work is stunning as always!

• Bit of a different angle... and unfinished stuff to see.

• This is... ouw... this is... I have no words surprise

• WOWsurprise

• This is... ouw... this is... I have no words surprise

I believe it's called 'Living room'  :p

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

*whimper*

We wants it, Preciousss. We wants it

• This looks very good; you are a talented modeller and texturer.

Do candles usually produce this much smoke?

• strangefate_asdf@msn.com[email protected] Posts: 751
    edited November 2020
    blue said:

This looks very good; you are a talented modeller and texturer.

Depends what they're smoking :)

The intensity of the smoke changes a lot with the lighting, so the ones by the window stand out a lot while the others' smoke is barely noticeable. Either way they're easy to tone down with the transparency in the material if they stand out too much when all lighting etc is final. Not really worrying about them too much for now.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • blue said:

This looks very good; you are a talented modeller and texturer.

Depends on what was used to make the candle and the wick

I've seen some that used animal fat and they could be used to lay down a smokescreen

• I must admit for animation I usually delete the smoke

the exception being in iClone where I used iPad app Enlight Pixaloop to animate your texture as an mp4 I can use in diffuse and opacity

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

Goddamn I wish I had a 3090. One day... Is it everything you hoped it would be and more? 

• OdinVonD said:

Goddamn I wish I had a 3090. One day... Is it everything you hoped it would be and more? 

It does the trick for me.

The memory alone lets me run Iray while having painter, modo etc all open with loaded stuff and can keep working normally, something I wasn't able to before.
    Working with the rather large/memory heavy Crow Inn scenes now, feels more like working with any other simple scene and Iray is a lot faster and more responsive than with my old 2x 1070s set up.

I think that a 3080 would be enough for most people and the perf difference should be quite small. The interesting bit about the 3090 for me was the 24 GB VRAM for work, but I think that by the time most people need that much VRAM in general, there'll be better and cheaper cards again.

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243
    OdinVonD said:

It does the trick for me.

The memory alone lets me run Iray while having painter, modo etc all open with loaded stuff and can keep working normally, something I wasn't able to before.
    Working with the rather large/memory heavy Crow Inn scenes now, feels more like working with any other simple scene and Iray is a lot faster and more responsive than with my old 2x 1070s set up.

I think that a 3080 would be enough for most people and the perf difference should be quite small. The interesting bit about the 3090 for me was the 24 GB VRAM for work, but I think that by the time most people need that much VRAM in general, there'll be better and cheaper cards again.

Great answer, thanks! 

• Another quicky!

• Getting comfy...

• Wow that's just truly remarkable

• Moving in! Now! surprise

• I did do a dreadfully long video using Filament of the Black Crow inn

with animated smoke!!!

TexAnim by Casual on a combiled smoke prob made using instances to objects,

exported and reimported and shading domains made one

(Carrara is so much simpler and you can animate as many surfaces as you want but sadly I just cannot get your set into Carrara as well)

edited December 2020

That look slike a lot of work @WendyLuvsCatz !

Meet the owners!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

Sweet! Those blades look elvishly good, and ready to wield, too ;)

- Greg

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

The vases! The Vases!!! 

I needs bad. 

• @algovincian Noooo! you're supposed to wait for the next Brutal Elegant weapons pack!

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,562

Even better! I just love the shape of the blade - subtle curves in all the right places.

BTW, I'm jealous of your 3090. I ended up hesitating and never pulling the trigger :(

- Greg

• algovincian said:

Even better! I just love the shape of the blade - subtle curves in all the right places.

BTW, I'm jealous of your 3090. I ended up hesitating and never pulling the trigger :(

- Greg

Probably a good thing, they'll only get cheaper, once there's enough of them. 

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 2020

I am waiting for this but I am not sure how patient I can be. You are almost making me want to create a Hobbit ...

Post edited by GhostofMacbeth on
    edited December 2020

It's as good as done!
    I should be finishing the last bits today, latest tomorrow... it's mostly just cleaning up folders and then it should be ready for some testing!

Took forever it seems but we had some RealLife distractions over the past months, plus for all pieces/products of the house to work together properly in a modular fashion we had to flesh out the modular hallways and few other areas for good measure.

That means that the modular hallway interior/exterior pieces that connect to this room and any others that will come are already completely modeled and partially textured (with some decorations left to do).
    - An entrance interior is blocked out too which is looking pretty nice so far, architecturally anyway.
    - Kitchen is also mostly blocked out with some props already modeled.

Post edited by Chohole on