Installing new Bryce Products

Quick question. I just bought 3 Bryce products and I can either manually download or it is giving me download and install manager option.  I thought that was just for Daz Studio.  Does it really work for Bryce too?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Yes it does, although I've run into Bryce product zips that weren't configured correctly.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

Thanks, I'll give it a try then.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Check this PDF https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf to see where the different products must be copied to in order to work with Bryce.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    NGartplay said:

Quick question. I just bought 3 Bryce products and I can either manually download or it is giving me download and install manager option.  I thought that was just for Daz Studio.  Does it really work for Bryce too?

Not reliably  most of the time,   better to follow Horo's PDF and install manually.

Thanks guys, just came by to download these.  Glad that I stopped here first.

I was able to download two of the products but the Bryce 7.1 Pro Vegetation files keep failing.  Part 2 just downloaded 1/2 of it then failed.  Part 1 will download a tiny bit then fail.  What should I do?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    NGartplay said:

I was able to download two of the products but the Bryce 7.1 Pro Vegetation files keep failing.  Part 2 just downloaded 1/2 of it then failed.  Part 1 will download a tiny bit then fail.  What should I do?

Is that using manual downloads?   If so  when you experience a download failure  you should clear the browser cache before attempting another download, as the corrupted download can stay in the cache and cause subsequent downloads to fail at around the same place.

I cleared data and cache and tried again twice.  They will not download.  I get a message that source code could not be read.  Part 1 got to 135 MB then locked up.  Part 2 wouldn't even try.  When they are trying to download they load slowly, 2.5 to 3.4 MB/sec.  The downloads that worked downloaded at 14 MB/sec or higher.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited November 2020

It appears to be a shop issue. This thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447446/store-issues-known-problems-please-read is full of complains that downloads don't work (currently page 68).

Post edited by Horo on

I was worried that it was my computer causing the issue.  If it's the store then I'll be able to download these some day.

This hasn't been fixed yet.  I can't wait to get my vegetation....the anticipation!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

NGartplay said:

This hasn't been fixed yet.  I can't wait to get my vegetation....the anticipation!!

You probably should put a ticket in ... they are fixing things, breaking others ... it's a mess.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (click on the sign in in the upper right corner first).

You will get an answer that they will take up to 6 weeks (because ... mess), but others had a positive surprise that their files suddenly downloaded.

Or mention the file's name in the thread Horo linked to.

Else, I am afraid that the DazStudio files are getting more attention by Daz than Bryce files.