Who is getting your Holiday Cash?

dortybassadortybassa Posts: 483
edited November 2020 in The Commons

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Just had my Tea, Turkey, Sweet Potato with all the trimmings :)

I must admit I've been reluctant to buy on the store since all the upheaval and still not fixing things I see as essential.  I've had Ms Thea Outfit, Akari Cadmium Bundle and Niko 8 Bundle in my cart for days, I even resisted the $200 Gift Card for $126 a few days ago (which seems like weeks in the current lockdown in UK).

I get my Daz Deals Emails in the Morning as I get up to do the school run for my Nephews and this morning I thought it may have been April 1st for what greeted me :)  I did get an Elephant free gift though.

Where and what are you spending your hard earned cash on at the moment?

Post edited by dortybassa on

Comments

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 841
    edited November 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been spending (several hundred $) in the DAZ store just before and after the transition to the new store software.  There were a few bumps along the way, but for me, they were fixed quickly with nice responses from DAZ Support folks.  I understand that might not have been/be the case for others.

Most of my money was spent on a new laptop last week, though I kept some aside to continue making purchases here. :)

In short, spending here and with Apple.

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

it wont let me buy things in my cart.

wish it actually said more about the error.

I also cant seem to update my address.

Is this a common error? i havent been paying attention.

• I find it really, really slow to shop now.  Sometimes I'll try to add an item to my cart and it takes a good few attempts to get it in basket!  Still lots of issues with Order Histories and tracking Interactive Licences for me, I know it's a problem for a minority only.  

I'll always buy here as the quality is consistently top notch but sales on Unreal, Unity and even CGTrader sale have my money at the moment.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Probably Marvelous Designer upgrade and DxO Photolab upgrade. Daz will get some, too, of course. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mine is going on more house wall paint, more floor polyurethane, an upgrade to Marvelous Designer 10, and if there is any left, Face Controller for Genesis 8 & Genesis 3 in the DAZ Store. 

• While today's offer is not too bad, that gnomish thing is not my cup of tea. Mixing up gnomish and dwarfish behaviour is a no-go, Terry Pratchett would turn in his grave. And I am not buying two bundles I have zero use for, to get a 100 bucks on DAZ Originals. Spent a bit of money elsewhere, with Black Friday sale on the whole store. 

• While today's offer is not too bad, that gnomish thing is not my cup of tea. Mixing up gnomish and dwarfish behaviour is a no-go, Terry Pratchett would turn in his grave. And I am not buying two bundles I have zero use for, to get a 100 bucks on DAZ Originals. Spent a bit of money elsewhere, with Black Friday sale on the whole store. 

I guess I see folks asking about a bit of variation from the usual norms but I did get a shock with todays offerings  :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Due to so many people being out of work right now and food scarcity for a lot of families (the food bank lines are insanely long), my husband and I are donating all of our "extras" to food banks and other charities to help out the struggling families this year.

• lilweep said:

How are you trying to pay?

Postal address or email - I blieve the latter is a known issue, and being worked on.

• 3Diva said:

Due to so many people being out of work right now and food scarcity for a lot of families (the food bank lines are insanely long), my husband and I are donating all of our "extras" to food banks and other charities to help out the struggling families this year.

That's an amazing thing to do :)  It's an issue everywhere now that is only going to get worse too.

3Diva said:

That's an amazing thing to do :)  It's an issue everywhere now that is only going to get worse too.

Our local one seems in really good shape. Lots of food and money, so much that they hired someone to paint a mural as big as the outside of their building on the outside. You never see a line except just before they open their doors at 10 and then everyone is quickly inside the waiting room in less than 10 minutes.

• 3Diva said:

That's something I do regularily. We have a similar thing here in Germany. When they celebrated the 20th aniversary of the organisation last year I thought that it is actually a shame, that one of the richest countries in the world needs such an organisation. Yes, there are things more important than the DAZ store...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Just had my Tea, Turkey, Sweet Potato with all the trimmings :)

I must admit I've been reluctant to buy on the store since all the upheaval and still not fixing things I see as essential.  I've had Ms Thea Outfit, Akari Cadmium Bundle and Niko 8 Bundle in my cart for days, I even resisted the $200 Gift Card for $126 a few days ago (which seems like weeks in the current lockdown in UK).

I get my Daz Deals Emails in the Morning as I get up to do the school run for my Nephews and this morning I thought it may have been April 1st for what greeted me :)  I did get an Elephant free gift though.

Where and what are you spending your hard earned cash on at the moment?

Can't imagine what is "essential" to you since I am able to shop here just fine.

I don't plan to spend a lot during any of the sales since I have some big expenses coming up, but plan to grab some VR games off the Steam sale and some tech items from Amazon.

Hope everyone had a great Turkey day and are staying safe.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107

I've been eyeing upgrades to my 6 year old PC.I found an RTX card in stock over at newegg to replace my AMD RX580 8GB card.
    This one:
    https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2060-rog-strix-rtx2060-a6g-evo-gaming/p/N82E16814126464?Item=N82E16814126464

They sold out within minutes of appearing "in stock".I feel like I won a lottery.The RTX cards and the new AMD 5600x CPUs are flying off the shelves as fast as they can be made.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...well if there's ever another stimulus cheque, I'll be able to replace a burned out display and perform a few additional minor system upgrades and a PATA SSD for an old notebook (crikey those are expensive for the capacity they have, I could get a 1 TB SATA III SSD for the little more than the price of an 80 GB PATA compatible drive) 

• My last job of 17 years was killed by Covid, and it looks like my new one will be killed by the rumoured coming hard lockdown.  Guess Bill gets my money... gas Bill, electric Bill...

• DAZ might get some money with this 50% off sale simply because at 42°C it's too hot for me to leave the house to buy dinner, will be tomorrow too, I had a glass of milk for lunch might eat one of my two mandarins for dinner.

I can cook rice or (popcorn) and stuff even have sauces but again too bloody hot angry

DAZ might get some money with this 50% off sale simply because at 42°C it's too hot for me to leave the house to buy dinner, will be tomorrow too, I had a glass of milk for lunch might eat one of my two mandarins for dinner.

I can cook rice or (popcorn) and stuff even have sauces but again too bloody hot angry

Over 107°F ! Dang! Where do you live that it's so hot? 

• 3Diva said:

DAZ might get some money with this 50% off sale simply because at 42°C it's too hot for me to leave the house to buy dinner, will be tomorrow too, I had a glass of milk for lunch might eat one of my two mandarins for dinner.

South Australia 

3Diva said:

South Australia 

That's a bit higher than average for you guys around this time of year, isn't it?

• 3Diva said:
    3Diva said:

South Australia 

That's a bit higher than average for you guys around this time of year, isn't it?

it actually was this hot this time last year too

the climate is becoming more extreme and will continue to do so

some places like Marble Bar in Western Australia are probably going to become uninhabitable 

IceCrMn said:

I've been eyeing upgrades to my 6 year old PC.I found an RTX card in stock over at newegg to replace my AMD RX580 8GB card.
    This one:
    https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2060-rog-strix-rtx2060-a6g-evo-gaming/p/N82E16814126464?Item=N82E16814126464

They sold out within minutes of appearing "in stock".I feel like I won a lottery.The RTX cards and the new AMD 5600x CPUs are flying off the shelves as fast as they can be made.

OMG, I didn't know those were out.

3Diva said:
    3Diva said:

South Australia 

it actually was this hot this time last year too

the climate is becoming more extreme and will continue to do so

some places like Marble Bar in Western Australia are probably going to become uninhabitable 

Yikes! Yeah, hopefully, it's something we can get under control before it's too late.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473

Nothing here..

Not until the products I bought here last week.. are ok.

It is spend on Sinterklaas (as we celebrate it) and decorations in the living room

• DripDrip Posts: 1,129

While today's offer is not too bad, that gnomish thing is not my cup of tea. Mixing up gnomish and dwarfish behaviour is a no-go, Terry Pratchett would turn in his grave. And I am not buying two bundles I have zero use for, to get a 100 bucks on DAZ Originals. Spent a bit of money elsewhere, with Black Friday sale on the whole store. 

Wait, what? Are we talking about the same Terry Pratchett? The one who had the human son of the last king behave like a dwarf? Giving his characters un-characteristical traits was half the fun in his books, it was basically what lead to all the silliness and hilarious interactions.
    Then there was Death showing emotions and empathy, not to mention knitting.
    Vampires and werewolves being honorable and doing everything they could to suppress their primal urges (and being quite succesful at it).
    There's quite a few more of those, characters who weren't quite who they seemed to be or who they thought to be themselves.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234
    lilweep said:

How are you trying to pay?

Postal address or email - I blieve the latter is a known issue, and being worked on.

By postal address.  I was paying by credit card. 

Address matches exactly the one my card is registered to. All other info 100% accurate.

I ended up signing in through Amazon Pay - and using the exact same credit card and details in the Amazon Portal and it worked. So i guess i'll just do that in future.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Thinking of getting the Nikon 7II, especially if I get a stimulus check. Plus the camera is tax deductible with my business. I'd prefer to not get a stimulus check though if the bill includes paying off the debt for California and New York. I have to live on a budget, would be fantastic if the politicians did the same.
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

If I hadn't had so many problems with this site and Paypal, then I would've spent my moolah here. Instead, it'll either be R/osity or CGBytes.

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

renderosity.

They may not have the better deals but at least they are clear cut and  easy to understand.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

No holiday cash, as - today - there's no holiday here in Germany. And for x-mas money it's still to early.