M4/H4/F4-G8M Bi-directional Pose Transfer

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
edited November 2020 in Freebies

@Faeryl Womyn asked if I could do an M4 to G8M Pose Transfer script, so I have attempted to fulfil the request. Edited to add: This post concerns M4/H4/F4->G8M pose transfer.  Lower down this thread is the G8M->M4/H4/F4 script.

As with my other transfer scripts, you need to open a copy of M4/H4/F4, apply the pose you wish to transfer to M4/H4/F4, load a model of G8M to the scene and run the script. I have had insufficient time to look at how to automatically identify the characters, so as with the other transfer scripts I have offered, you'll need to identify the hip of M4/H4/F4 and G8M in their respective dropdown combo boxes, then press the 'Accept' button.

I have not tested this as thorougly as I did with V3/V4 because I only have the 10 or so base poses that came with M4, and I had to install M4 before I could start. Also, he has no clothing other than the shorts that are part of the base image, because I don't actially have any for him - hope this complies with the forum TOS, I think it does, but I have a concern and apologise if it's on the wrong side of the acceptable line. So, if there are problems with the script due to lack of testing, please let me know. As before, I have three images to show the script in use. The first is with M4 in the zero pose and G8M modified from his zero pose by the script.

Now a 'Before & After' pose image for G8M with M4 in a [rather peculiar] pose as the reference. I think M4's supposed to be leaning 'seductively' (or as anyone else would say 'loutishly') on a door frame, but the pose just looks silly with no door frame..

I think you will probably need to tweak the pose after applying it to G8M, to take clothing etc into account, same way as if you were applying a base pose to a G8M character. If there are any problems, please let me know. And I hope one or two people will find it of use.

Throuout the script, where I mention 'M4', then H4/F4 could be used instead of M4.

If there are no serious problems with this script I hope to be starting on a G8F->V4 transfer script this evening, which may be ready by next week. In time I want to make a G8M->M4 script, because I think single direction transfers are infuriating.

Regards,

Richard

Edited to change the title & text to include Hiro 4 & The Freak 4 as it appears they both work as well.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• Thanks, will give it a shot later today or tomorrow.

• Thank you so much, it works perfectly!

• That's a relief to hear!

Regards,

Richard

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,779

Thank you! yes

• Benoaks over on Renderosity has tested this script with Hiro 4 & The Freak 4 (figures I don't have access to) and found it to work on those figures too. So I changed the title of this thread.

Regards,

Richard

• Thank you :-)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    edited June 2021

My current plans for further scripts are:

1. G8F->V4/A4: Currently in work, completed hips up the trunk to the head & eyes and the complete right arm. Now finished, need to test more and create the upload pack. Seems to work better once limits are turned off... ;) V4 seems to have some very strange limits, much wider than V3 or G8F on some limbs & narrower on others.
    2. G8M->M4/H4/F4: Complete
    3. V4/A4->G3F: Complete
    4. M4/H4/F4->G3M: Complete

The latter two should be simple modifications of the Generation 4->Generation 8 scripts, and shouldn't take long. In effect they will be an amalgamation of the Generation4->Generation 8 script and a Generation 8->Generation 7 script. If it works out, possibly Generation 7->Generation 4 scripts might be useful, but I have other programs I need to do for other people (a G Code generator for a laser cutter to simulate a lithophane is one, additions to my cross stitch program is another) and I've put them off enough already by slotting the Generation 4->Generation 7 scripts in ahead of them.

Regards,

Richard

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

awesome, thanks

• Richard - words have not yet been invented to express my gratitude for this script! It works great with very little adjustment needed on my old poses.
    I'm so glad you took the time to write this script for everyone. I've used Poser since 2011, and then life got in the way and was gone a few years from the render scene. Came back a month ago and decided to switch to DAZ.
    I made tons and tons of poses for M4 and died a little inside when I realized I couldn't use any of them with GM8. I considered just giving up on the whole thing again.

Many, many thanks - You are a lifesaver!

• Killebrew, glad the morph transfer is going to be useful.

Regards,

Richard

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,069
    edited November 2020

Now for the G8M->M4/H4/F4 script to meet the revised title of this thread. The script works the same way as the other ones I have done.

Apply The pose to G8M, load M4/H4/F4 ito the scene, start the script, select M4/H4/F4's hip in one drop-down combo box, select G8M's hip in the other and press the 'Accept' button. You will almost certainly need to do a couple of tweaks to the pose, just as you would applying a G8M base tose to a G8M character, but it'll be close.

Hope it proves to have been a useful way to spend a wet Sunday!

So, some images to show that from his zero pose, M4 matches the G8M zero pose quite well (a prerequisite of matching the poses):

Then two images showing the before & after shots from transferring a G8M pose to M4: (I have just noticed, I left M4 in the G8M zero pose after doing the above image. Where is the head-bash-on-wall emoticon when you need it? However, it does show that it doesn't actually matter what pose M4/H4/F4 is in before the pose transfer.)

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Richard.

zip
    zip
    G8MPoseTransferToM4.zip
    G8MPoseTransferToM401.jpg
    941 x 911 - 656K
    G8MPoseTransferToM402.jpg
    941 x 911 - 642K
    G8MPoseTransferToM403.jpg
    941 x 911 - 645K
  • Thank you, so far have grabbed all your scripts, they work great. I noticed you also made a set for the G3F for the V4 series, any chance you will do so for the guys as well, like you did hear. I know you have a  whole list of scripts you want to do, so will understand if you can't or it takes some time.

• I have just completed the M4->G3M one - literally 10 minutes ago. It's time for bed, I'll get it posted tomorrow morning, 9/10 hrs hence. I plan on doing the G3M->M4 one in the next 48hrs. The G3M ones are so similar to the G8M ones that it takes about 20 minutes to modify them. Doing the pictures to prove they work takes much longer than the script.

Regards,

Richard.

• Guess how stupid & irritated with myself I feel. I didn't transfer the files over onto my memory stick yesterday evening, have just walked into work and in the 30 mins before work starts, I have no upload to make despite getting here early to do just that. I'll try by tablet this evening. It's not going to be easy, but I hope to be able to do it.

Regards,

Richard.

• It's fine and don't feel you need to rush, I'm a very patient person...lol It's now time for me to go to bed. Take care.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

thank you so much! this is pure awesome! there is a great little free app to transfer all genesis poses, but M4 wasn't included, so this waas sorely needed. kudos! ^^