ShareCG site problems?

launoklaunok Posts: 774
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hi to all,

From yesterday evening I can't get into ShareCG. Google just keep saying it can't find the site! Are anyone else having the same problem to get to the site?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2014

No problems for me

Try clearing your Cache, history and possibly ShareCG cookies, reboot your browser and try again

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

ShareCG has been very slow today, but it is working.

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

This is normal for ShareCG. Some days it's fast, other days it's slower than molasses. I guess it's based on the amount of traffic the site has that day. And/or the time of day that you visit.
    But flush your cache and clear your cookies is a good idea.

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited December 1969

I have cleared everything under Chrome settings and the whole of the history, closed my browser fully but Google keeps saying it can't connect to ShareCG. Renderosity is working fine and obviously Daz3D. I am now trying to contact a friend of mine who is living in my region to see if he can open the site.

I have even tried via Firefox but also there is a problem with ShareCG.

edited December 1969

Well, I just tried and had no problems, I'm in southern California, using Firefox 12 on winXP.
    The problem might be with your ISP. or cable co. blocking the site or traffic throttling.
    Do you have CloudFlare blocked?
    Sorry that I can't be of more help.

edited April 2014

I've found that I can get onto ShareCG a lot quicker if I follow one of my links. The front page of ShareCG takes ages and sometimes times out.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited April 2014

Well, I just tried and had no problems, I'm in southern California, using Firefox 12 on winXP.
    The problem might be with your ISP. or cable co. blocking the site or traffic throttling.
    Do you have CloudFlare blocked?
    Sorry that I can't be of more help.

I had a look at outage problems under my ISP but cable problems like seacom is not mentioned. Usually cable problems affect the whole internet connection. I am from Johannesburg, South Africa.

I am on adsl. I can't figure out CloudFlare whether it's blocked or not. I am not good with technical issues at all and think I must wait for my friend to check out why this is. Thanks for all your help so far!

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I've found that I can get onto ShareCG a lot quicker if I follow one of my links. The front page of ShareCG takes ages and sometimes times out.

I had tried my own link too but it's still problematic. The fact that you are experiencing problems as mentioned of timing out shows there is actually a problem currently but depending where you are affecting us differently. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings up!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

Likewise - I just checked, and the front page loads far more slowly than the login page does.

Here's the direct link to the login page. Give it a try; it might be faster: http://www.sharecg.com/login.php

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Well I just tried ShareCG's main page with Firefox 22 on Win7 Pro, and had no problems whatsoever. Getting to Wendy's portfolio was quick too.

edited December 1969

It looks like they added a new add popup to the front page. I get an empty black box that I have to click past.
    Make sure that the pop-up blocker is turned on in your browser and that your addvert site black list is updated.
    http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the replies and advises. This morning when I logged in the normal way I does, everything is OK again ... it must have been a site issue yesterday.

edited April 2014

This is the most strange thing ... only on Saturday I have managed to enter sharecg but after that up to now the same story that none of Google Chrome, Firefox or IE can connect to the site (even after I have cleared everything). Renderosity, Daz3D and all the other sites I normally visit are fine!

I was shocked to read today in a local magazine an article published about a bug called Heartbleed which is quite a scary issue and hope that the normal sites will not be affected by this. Adam Thwaites' site Digital Creations is save according to notice put on there, but what about the rest!? :ohh:

Post edited by launok on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You are a wee bit late in worrying now, as the Heartbleed story was current some days ago http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39886/

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Chances are there has been a hardware failure somewhere between your ISP and the one ShareCG uses, it's enough of a failure to cause a "bottleneck" for all of the data passing through it, but not enough of a failure to crash the server as that would have forced your ISP to redirect it's traffic around the broken server.

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Chances are there has been a hardware failure somewhere between your ISP and the one ShareCG uses, it's enough of a failure to cause a "bottleneck" for all of the data passing through it, but not enough of a failure to crash the server as that would have forced your ISP to redirect it's traffic around the broken server.

Thank you for your input. The problem I had was all over my region in South Africa as I have contacted friends to check out the site yesterday. But all is fine again this morning and I could connect! :-)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Looks like ShareCG might be having server problems again. Has anyone else had a problem with the site in the past several hours?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

*raises hand*

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

I was in the middle of a download and it got stuck halfway. Now, I get nothing.

edited December 1969

I can't even get the site to load at all now!

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Can't access it either. And I had a new outfit to upload too.

edited December 1969

I tried opening the site in both Firefox and Safari. Safari gives me an error message saying that it can't contact the server. This, to me suggests a server issue. Hopefully it's only temporary. Does anyone have a way of contacting the admins or webmaster there to find out what the problem is and and estimate on how long they'll be down?

• HoboBoHoboBo Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

I tried opening the site in both Firefox and Safari. Safari gives me an error message saying that it can't contact the server. This, to me suggests a server issue. Hopefully it's only temporary. Does anyone have a way of contacting the admins or webmaster there to find out what the problem is and and estimate on how long they'll be down?

I did email them an hour ago :)

Post edited by HoboBo on
    edited December 1969

HoboBo said:

I did email them an hour ago :)Thank you. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

You can use http://isup.me to also check websites to see if it's just down for you or everyone.

http://www.isup.me/sharecg.com

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

Same here, i was just about to download new things :) hope they will be back online soon.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited June 2014

I uploaded a model (a 640 ft long section of two lane highway with soft shoulder and surrounding terrain) last night at around 9:30 pm EST and the site was working, but according to that site checker, it is down for everyone... It was acting very wonky earlier in the day (yesterday) too.

P.S. Sorry I didn't make a post about the model (not that it is anything great... Just more of an old habit), but I still can't post here with any of my computers... Only my wife's brand new iPad works with DAZ, and I hate using it to type... Feels like I'm poking at a slab of plastic, and it is too easy to throw if autocorrect ticks me off.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited June 2014

Wow, the exact same problem I had on 25 April is now up again! After the problem on 25/4 the site had changed in the sense that the most annoying ad came up. Hopefully they are working on the site to make it better this time and without annoying ads popping up. At that time ShareCG was "out of order" for about 2 days or so which mean you will maybe wait again for some period before it's up and running again ... hopefully, that is!

EDIT:
    Have you also experience the way this site is working is actually somehow different from most others? For instance, if you are busy downloading a file from them, you actually can't search any other pages on the site itself while waiting for the download to finish ... you just have to wait for the duration of the download. This is actually a waste of time! I always search for other stuff while downloading at other sites as just to have and sit waiting! I have also noticed that if I haven't installed the latest shockwave flash the site also doesn't loads correctly. It actually tells you to install the latest shockwave flash for the site to work as it once happened to me trying to open ShareCG after my pc was formatted some years ago! This seems also to add to the server problems? I am not into the technical side of things at all, but it is just something I have picked up.

Post edited by launok on
    edited June 2014

Looks like ShareCG might be having server problems again. Has anyone else had a problem with the site in the past several hours?

Yes, see my 1st and other posts here - I think it was more than 2 days non-working! And after that the annoying ad makes its appearance!

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

Can't access it either. And I had a new outfit to upload too.

Hi Ghastly, I think I know what item this could be ... have just downloaded it from Rendo! :) Thank you!