DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Update

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Kerya said:
    rbtwhiz said:
    1.0.1.81 - Allow user to set a custom install path for new Windows CMS installations; not allowed during update

-Rob

Question: is that only for the CMS or for DIM too? :wow:
    *Hopeful smile*
    I reinstalled just after my previous post. I was able to customize the location of both DIM and the CMS, as well as a 3rd option for the databases, and they didn't have to be the same location.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Oh myyyyyyyyy - off to download the newest DIM! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    (Squeeing is not reserved for PC anniversary, LOL)

edited December 1969

LOL

Don't worry, I've been doing a fair bit of squeeing myself last couple days. ;)

• SherrySherry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Do I have to have Daz DS installed for Install manager to work?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

No you don't need to have DS installed

edited December 1969

It still will not work! I tried putting it under the x86 folder, but it still will not work. Grrrrrrrr so irriatated.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    It shouldn't be installed to "Program Files". It is a 32bit app so it needs to be in the "Program Files (x86)" folder

these are what I have on my computer. Can someone tell me where I should install this program?
    Image1.jpg
    984 x 892 - 155K
    edited December 1969

By default it would go into C:\Program Files {x86)\Daz 3D\Daz3DIM1 or something, but it seems you don't even have Program Files (x86) at all. I'm not sure how that's possible seeing as even some Microsoft updates use that folder.

Try this: create a sub folder in C: and name it something like Daz 3D and install DIM there (or something like C:\DAZ3DIM). I'm wondering if the User Access Control on your Program Files is so tight that it's not allowing the program to run from there.

edited December 1969

Question:
    If I remove just the zip from the folder, will the manifest file that is downloaded alongside the zip be enough for DIM to tell me if there are updates?

edited October 2013

Don't think so. Upon installation, DIM creates another Manifest file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles which also contains the library you installed it to as well as the files that were installed. There is a manifest created for each product.

It may be enough to just copy the downloaded manifest to that folder, and it will give you updates in general, since you won't need to install to relative paths or anything anyways. I haven't compared the downloaded versus the installed versions to see what else is different between them.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

I don't want to install with DIM, just download. I want to install manually.
    I don't use CMS and I have a system with external runtimes for different figures / different kinds of Props (Buildings, Plants etc.) and subfolders (like a folder Runtime / Libraries / Pose / and then subfolders for morphs, characters, clothes, poses).

On the other hand I don't want to install everything, sometimes I buy things I don't have a use for at the moment ... so I have two folders for DazPoserContentInstalled and DazPoserContentNotInstalled and now one for DIM ... and I want to move those by hand installed zips to the Installed folder ... to keep track of what is where.

So I have a folder with the downloaded zips and manifests (and I did get some updates for these, but I haven't moved anything at the moment).

Either the manifest is enough, or I can leave an empty zip with the correct name and 0 bytes in that folder?

Anybody knows more?

edited December 1969

I wish I could remember whether or not I've received updates for items I've had downloaded but not installed yet. >.<</p>

edited December 1969

I did - but like I said, I had not moved anything ...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

I believe the manifest is all that's needed, though I haven't tested. Certainly if you do install the manifest is all that's checked.

edited December 1969

Sounds good - now I just need to know which file is going to be updated in the near future so I can remove the zip and test ... ROTFL!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited December 1969

That will work - I tested the process early on, when I was trying to figure out how to track 200 GB of download objects on a 160 GB laptop. And all you have to do is remove the manifest file for the product to show up in 'available downloads' again if you truly deleted the zip without copying it somewhere else.

You could also use DIM to 'install' to the same work folder you currently unzip into and then move the files around as you currently do.

edited December 1969

I was wondering about the idea to use DIM to install to a temporary folder and then moving from there, but I don't know what it will do when there are updates and it can't "uninstall" things because I moved them.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

DIM won't complain if it can't find the files. Of course it also won't remove the files, which could be an issue with asset (Data folder) files and textures.

edited December 1969

I can poke around folders ... it is a long time I am playing this game, I know zips where all the files are in one folder and the Readme (yes, I read them!) tells me what folders to create in Geometries and Textures and where to put the files. *grin*
    *Pokes*

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    By default it would go into C:\Program Files {x86)\Daz 3D\Daz3DIM1 or something, but it seems you don't even have Program Files (x86) at all. I'm not sure how that's possible seeing as even some Microsoft updates use that folder.

Try this: create a sub folder in C: and name it something like Daz 3D and install DIM there (or something like C:\DAZ3DIM). I'm wondering if the User Access Control on your Program Files is so tight that it's not allowing the program to run from there.

I tried. Created the folder, downloaded, it is running on my processes, still will NOT open. I got my tech to try it. He uninstalled, re-downloaded, ran and installed and he could not get it to open either.

the first build worked fine. every update of the the program has not worked right. the second build, it would open when it was installed but if I closed it, it would not run so I was installing and deleting it every time I needed to use it. this last build looks like it is running in processes when I open task manager, but it will not open a program or run when I click on my order to download.

HELP! I'm tired of having to download each file individually.......

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Sherry said:
    Vaskania said:

I tried. Created the folder, downloaded, it is running on my processes, still will NOT open. I got my tech to try it. He uninstalled, re-downloaded, ran and installed and he could not get it to open either.

the first build worked fine. every update of the the program has not worked right. the second build, it would open when it was installed but if I closed it, it would not run so I was installing and deleting it every time I needed to use it. this last build looks like it is running in processes when I open task manager, but it will not open a program or run when I click on my order to download.

HELP! I'm tired of having to download each file individually.......

Have you opened a support ticket to tech support? I think they are going to be the only ones that will be able to figure it out. Everything anyone else has suggested has worked so that is your best route.

• edited December 1969

The installer of Mimic Live x64 is buggy. It try to read the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini" which does not exist if you have installed only the x64 version of DAZ 3D.

Solution :

1/ Create a DAZ directory in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files"
    2/ Copy "C:\Users\root\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dzInstall.ini" to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini"

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The installer of Mimic Live x64 is buggy. It try to read the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini" which does not exist if you have installed only the x64 version of DAZ 3D.

Solution :

2/ Copy "C:\Users\root\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dzInstall.ini" to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini"

Are you using this version of DIM? The current version is 1.1.0.21

• edited December 1969

Solution :

Yes.

edited December 1969

Solution :

Yes.

That's a very old version -- you should get the latest and see if that problem has been solved already.

edited December 1969

nothing I've tried has worked. I sent in tickets, I have even tried to get our IT person to try. I'm admin, so that is not it. It just does not work. The first version worked but I can't find it anymore.

• edited December 1969

Solution :

Yes.

That's a very old version -- you should get the latest and see if that problem has been solved already.

I have the 1.1.0.21 version and, yes, this is the last version.

edited December 1969

Sherry said:
    nothing I've tried has worked. I sent in tickets, I have even tried to get our IT person to try. I'm admin, so that is not it. It just does not work. The first version worked but I can't find it anymore.

What problem are you having?

edited December 1969

it installs, but it will not open. It shows it is open in my task manager, under processes, but it will never open. I don't have that problem on my Windows 8 program, but the windows 7 it does not work. I gave up.

edited December 1969

Sherry said:
    it installs, but it will not open. It shows it is open in my task manager, under processes, but it will never open. I don't have that problem on my Windows 8 program, but the windows 7 it does not work. I gave up.

I would suggest uninstalling it and downloading the latest version,