DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Note: If you use custom categories, that would be userdata.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

My pose presets, morphs, and the one shader I made do not show in the Smart Content. There are several things that do under Unassigned, 306 files so all of that would need to be exported. OK, so that would be my first step; opening DAZ Studio, exporting all of that Userdata, and then proceed from there?

Suppose that I no longer want that showing in my Smart Content; should I still do this. I am afraid that the Valentina Database is corrupt, and if I import the old Userdata into the PostgreSQL, it will cause problems. As all of those files that are in the Unassigned part of my Smart Content are also found in the DAZ Studio Formats>My Library> Scene Subsets, and Scenes folders, Won't that stay there through this process? I ask this because when the Smart Content stops working, I can still access the files in the Content Library. It seem to me that this would be the case even if I don't export my Userdata. All the other files in my Content Library are from various vendors which have been installed in one or another of the conventional ways, or by using the DIM. The paths to those files are set so that DAZ Studio can find them and give me access to them. As for the Userdata you mentioned, there are really just a few that I wish to keep. The rest will soon be deleted to clean up the folders for those files. If anything, could I just export the ones I wish to keep and discard the rest?

If you don't want any of your userdata, then you don't need to do that step.
    OK. Thank you. You have been quite helpful thus far, and I want you to know I really appreciate it!
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited June 2014

I just wanted to say I upgraded to 4.6.3.50 and it seemed to work fine. I did a few test renders that were good.

Then I installed PostgreSQL and installed the data base converter, which took a while (I have a lot of content and user categories). Everything went fine. All my user categories are still there and I verify that Studio is now using PostgreSQL.

Been using the new version with PostgreSQL for several days now with no problems to report.

Post edited by mark128 on
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    I just wanted to say I upgraded to 4.6.3.50 and it seemed to work fine. I did a few test renders that were good.

Then I installed PostgreSQL and installed the data base converter, which took a while (I have a lot of content and user categories). Everything went fine. All my user categories are still there and I verify that Studio is now using PostgreSQL.

Been using the new version with PostgreSQL for several days now with no problems to report.

This is encouraging to see. I have a habit of approaching things with a lot of caution, as I want to be sure that what i do won't cause a big problem. Your post at this time is letting me know that I will likely have little or no problems with this. Thank you!
    edited June 2014

OK, I'm in the process of getting it all done, and I have hit a bit of a wall, due more to my not knowing than to anything else! lol So I need to relate my progress and ask a few more questions.
    I did not export my Userdata since that is not anything I was liking in my Smart Content to begin with.
    I downloaded and installed the PostgreSQL as my first step using the DIM.
    I then downloaded and installed DAZ Studio using the DIM. (This is my first time doing this through the DIM.)
    As I did not want to do the metadata move from the old Valentina CMS to the new PostgreSQL one, I did not download and install that file.
    I closed the DIM, and waited a few minutes before opening DAZ Studio. I noted that there were two instances of the shortcut icon on my desktop. As both open the same application version, I removed the extra, as it is not needed.
    I opened DAZ Studio and then re-imported the metadata with the Userdata overrides product data box checked. The metadata import process took well over a minute to complete. I know for some of you this might seem to be a short amount of time, but I do not have a lot of files that have metadata associated with them, so to me it seems right. The Smart Content became active almost immediately after doing this, and is back to working as it did before, with all feature doing what they are meant to do. This indicates to me that the PostgreSQL is working correctly, though I may be wrong about that.

So, at the risk of seeming dumb, I have a few questions to ask. I will explain the ones I think I need to explain for the sake of clarity.
    1. In the task manager of my computer I see six or seven PostgreSQL processes showing, each with different memory sizes. Is that normal?
    2. How do I find out for sure if the PostgreSQL CMS is working? I need to know how to navigate to the information, please.
    3. Assuming that the PostgreSQL is working as I believe it is, how do I find and uninstall the Valentina CMS, and then remove it from my computer hard drive permanently?

If I can think of anymore questions I will be posting them. I checked to see if my saved files were still present in the Content Library, and they were, so that is not a worry for me. As long as I can access them that is all I need for that.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
    edited December 1969

1. In the task manager of my computer I see six or seven PostgreSQL processes showing, each with different memory sizes. Is that normal?

Yes, that is what you should see when DS or DIM is running.

2. How do I find out for sure if the PostgreSQL CMS is working? I need to know how to navigate to the information, please.

Go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, and look for the line:
    Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit
    If it doesn't say PostgreSQL 9.3.4 and instead says 4.8, then it is using Valentina.

3. Assuming that the PostgreSQL is working as I believe it is, how do I find and uninstall the Valentina CMS, and then remove it from my computer hard drive permanently?

Assuming you're using Windows, go to Start > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service
    There's an "Uninstall CMS" link there for the Valentina CMS.
    Then search for the file ContentDB.ind -- it will probably be in ProgramData or Program Files. Delete all 5 files in that folder.

edited December 1969

Yes, that is what you should see when DS or DIM is running.

Go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, and look for the line:
    Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit
    If it doesn't say PostgreSQL 9.3.4 and instead says 4.8, then it is using Valentina.

Assuming you're using Windows, go to Start > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service
    There's an "Uninstall CMS" link there for the Valentina CMS.
    Then search for the file ContentDB.ind -- it will probably be in ProgramData or Program Files. Delete all 5 files in that folder.
    Thank you, Mike. If all is right then this may be all I need for now. I'll let you known how I do.

edited June 2014

Well I followed your advice and things are running well! The new CMS is working flawlessly so far. I noted that now there are some new parameters available for lights that I create from the Create menu. I like that. There are several more new features that make finding certain content much easier. The sooner I get as much of my older DAZ Content files uninstalled from the older directories and re-installed to the new directories using the DIM, the better.

I must thank everyone here that contributed information and advice! You have made the process as successful as it could be.

Stay Awesome!

OK, I finally found the ContentDB.ind. It appears as one of five files in the same folder. Mike, you said "Then search for the file ContentDB.ind—it will probably be in ProgramData or Program Files. Delete all 5 files in that folder. The five files in that folder are named as follows in the same order:
    ContentDB.blb
    ContentDB.dat
    ContentDB.ind
    ContentDB.vdb
    master.vdb

I am assuming these are the five files that I must delete?
    Until I get an answer to this question, I am holding off deleting any of these files. This is to ensure I do not do something wrong at the last moment. As these are the only files I found that fits your description, I may be worried over nothing, but I always say "It's better to be safe than sorry!" So that is why I always ask questions. I want to know definitively that I'm doing the right tjhings.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited June 2014

Just tried upgrading to the latest version of DAZ Studio Pro - and DAZ Install Manager won't install. (I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit)

I've tried following the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

From the DAZ Install Manager I first ran updates.
    Then I tried to search for DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro
    Didn't see option to update, so I uninstalled my current version of DAZ Studio Pro

Don't see any way to download and install the new version however.

Tried going to the product page and clicked the Download and Install link - which opens my DAZ Install manager, but doesn't actually install DAZ Studio.

Not sure what to try next.

I downloaded DAZ 4.6 pro latest version manually - should I just install from my local drive - or will that mess up DIM's ability to manage in the future??

Thanks for any help.

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Just tried upgrading to the latest version of DAZ Studio Pro - and DAZ Install Manager won't install. (I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit)

I've tried following the instructions at the beginning of this thread.

From the DAZ Install Manager I first ran updates.
    Then I tried to search for DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro
    Didn't see option to update, so I uninstalled my current version of DAZ Studio Pro

Don't see any way to download and install the new version however.

Tried going to the product page and clicked the Download and Install link - which opens my DAZ Install manager, but doesn't actually install DAZ Studio.

Not sure what to try next.

I downloaded DAZ 4.6 pro latest version manually - should I just install from my local drive - or will that mess up DIM's ability to manage in the future??

Thanks for any help.

Please try "show hidden" And check your filters to make sure it is set for software.
    edited June 2014

Please try "show hidden" And check your filters to make sure it is set for software.

DAZ_Spooky -

Thanks - ticking the Show Hidden box allowed me to download and install the latest version of DAZ Studio Pro.

In terms of upgrading the database to PostgreSQL - does that happen automatically with the new install of DAZ Studio?

And I saw notes in thread saying 'If you use Carrara' don't want to uninstall old database.

I use Carrara 8.5 Pro as well as DAZ Studio, transmitting data between the two. And at some point, I would like to go through all of my DAZ content an re-categorize it - but that is a massive project which I'd done a couple of years ago, and not eager to repeat it now and then have to repeat again in a few months. Really want DAZ and Carrara to sync up in this respect. What I used to do was search through my custom categories in DAZ Studio, find the items I was looking for, and make specific notations or create a Carrara category so I could find in Carrara.

What's best for me to do from here?

Thanks

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on
    edited June 2014

DAZ_Spooky -

Thanks - ticking the Show Hidden box allowed me to download and install the latest version of DAZ Studio Pro.

In terms of upgrading the database to PostgreSQL - does that happen automatically with the new install of DAZ Studio?

And I saw notes in thread saying 'If you use Carrara' don't want to uninstall old database.

I use Carrara 8.5 Pro as well as DAZ Studio, transmitting data between the two.

What's best for me to do from here?

ThanksIf you are not experiencing issues with your Valentina Database, and you are using smart content in Carrara you are probably better off not installing PostgreSQL at this time. (It is a separate download.)

I am saying this for a couple of reasons:
    1. Carrara only reads from the Valentina Database, it does not write to it.
    2. Once you upgrade to PostgreSQL all new products installed, all database changes in DAZ Studio, all Database maintenance you to in DS, will not be reflected in the Valentina Database that is hooked to Carrara.
    3. If you have to fix your Valentina database because it got corrupt, you will have to uninstall PostgreSQL in order to fix the database for Carrara use.

Note you can use both, it is just more complex and will involve uninstalling PostgreSQL and reinstalling it in order to make changes to the Valentina Database.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

OK - thank you - will stick with Valentina Database for time being.

Are there plans to update Carrara to use the new database at some point to keep/make DAZ Studio and Carrara as compatible as possible?

edited December 1969

OK - thank you - will stick with Valentina Database for time being.

Are there plans to update Carrara to use the new database at some point to keep/make DAZ Studio and Carrara as compatible as possible?

Rob covered that here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41482/P105/#610366

edited December 1969

DAZ_Spooky - ok. Thanks for the quick replies. Glad to hear it's on the to do list, because DAZ Studio & Carrara compatibility is key for my workflow.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Well I followed your advice and things are running well! The new CMS is working flawlessly so far. I noted that now there are some new parameters available for lights that I create from the Create menu. I like that. There are several more new features that make finding certain content much easier. The sooner I get as much of my older DAZ Content files uninstalled from the older directories and re-installed to the new directories using the DIM, the better.

I must thank everyone here that contributed information and advice! You have made the process as successful as it could be.

Stay Awesome!

OK, I finally found the ContentDB.ind. It appears as one of five files in the same folder. Mike, you said "Then search for the file ContentDB.ind—it will probably be in ProgramData or Program Files. Delete all 5 files in that folder. The five files in that folder are named as follows in the same order:
    ContentDB.blb
    ContentDB.dat
    ContentDB.ind
    ContentDB.vdb
    master.vdb

Until I get an answer to this question, I am holding off deleting any of these files. This is to ensure I do not do something wrong at the last moment. As these are the only files I found that fits your description, I may be worried over nothing, but I always say "It's better to be safe than sorry!" So that is why I always ask questions. I want to know definitively that I'm doing the right tjhings.

Yep, they're the ones.

Sounds like things are going very well. Congrats.

edited December 1969

Spit said:

Stay Awesome!

ContentDB.blb
    ContentDB.dat
    ContentDB.ind
    ContentDB.vdb
    master.vdb

Yep, they're the ones.

Sounds like things are going very well. Congrats.
    Much appreciated! ;)

• scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

You know how when I first showed up, I started complaining aboutt all the various ways that DS breaks Mac OSX UI guidelines? That "start CMS" button that mysteriously shows up under the Smart Content pannel is another one. You hit the button, and nothing appearss to happen -- not even it greying out. If you know to look for it in the Datsbase Management pull-down menu, you can see that" start CMS" and "stop CMS" will switch places, but neither option ever greys out.

It's little things like this that confuse even experienced users. That, and at least under Mac OS, there is absolutely nothing to show you when the "reimport metadata" has actually finished running. Leaving Studio turned on overnight got me a much more complete database than just leaving it for two hours. But I'm still not clear on whether or not I actually needed to leave Studio running, or if the database process would have continued in the background after the main program exits.

I now have 90% of my data back, and no smart content because it never worked before, so no surprises there. The green "turn on CMS" button is gone. I'll have to look at my log files next time I'm in my office, but I hope the weird "blah blah File Engine missing?" Error is now gone now that the Postgres database server is running and I've rebooted the Mac (I'll get the full text of the log file later tonight). I'm also not sure why the Content window defaulted to List View instead of Icon View, because I didn't change it. This type of stuff just makes me cuss and perform rude gestures at the screen. A lot of other people obviously had a much worse time than that.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,496
    edited December 1969

@scotchfairy: If the start/stop entries in the menu is gone or grey, it mean you are connecting to Valentina CMS, not Postgres (those are only active with Postgres CMS).

And the GUI changes most likely has to do with preferences file issues. I've seen a few times that the tab pane layout changes but never that the file browser changes,

There is a CMS tab in the preferences panel (when you are running against Postgres.

And for GUI differences, for not being a 100% natively born Mac OS X application I think DS does a great job with the GUI.

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

You know how when I first showed up, I started complaining aboutt all the various ways that DS breaks Mac OSX UI guidelines? That "start CMS" button that mysteriously shows up under the Smart Content pannel is another one. You hit the button, and nothing appearss to happen -- not even it greying out. If you know to look for it in the Datsbase Management pull-down menu, you can see that" start CMS" and "stop CMS" will switch places, but neither option ever greys out.

It's little things like this that confuse even experienced users. That, and at least under Mac OS, there is absolutely nothing to show you when the "reimport metadata" has actually finished running. Leaving Studio turned on overnight got me a much more complete database than just leaving it for two hours. But I'm still not clear on whether or not I actually needed to leave Studio running, or if the database process would have continued in the background after the main program exits.

I now have 90% of my data back, and no smart content because it never worked before, so no surprises there. The green "turn on CMS" button is gone. I'll have to look at my log files next time I'm in my office, but I hope the weird "blah blah File Engine missing?" Error is now gone now that the Postgres database server is running and I've rebooted the Mac (I'll get the full text of the log file later tonight). I'm also not sure why the Content window defaulted to List View instead of Icon View, because I didn't change it. This type of stuff just makes me cuss and perform rude gestures at the screen. A lot of other people obviously had a much worse time than that.

The Re-Import Metadata has finished when all window panes close, DS does that automatically. There is absolutely no reason to leave DS running all night. I use DS an an iMac with OS X 10.9.3 and I don't have any issues with the latest version of DS.

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to Say this version DS64 has been very stable. I have been running the Postgres CMS database since the previous beta without a hitch. Really like that OpenGL Preview now uses the active DrawStyle.

• scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

The Re-Import Metadata has finished when all window panes close, DS does that automatically. There is absolutely no reason to leave DS running all night. I use DS an an iMac with OS X 10.9.3 and I don’t have any issues with the latest version of DS.

Then why has more and more of my content been slowly showing up each time I turn the program on? I don't have a job set to update things each night, but slowly more and more items and their icons are making their way into the Content Library pane.

It may just be my filesystem updating slowly under the deluge of a couple thousand new files, but there's no way to tell from the program's behavior and the way the instructions have been phrased (which to be fair have mostly been to the Windows-side people who seem to have been having far worse problems this time around).

After looking at my log files, I'm now more puzzled about the 20-30 repetitions of

WARNING: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value

at the end of every log entry.
    edited December 1969

After looking at my log files, I'm now more puzzled about the 20-30 repetitions of

WARNING: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value

at the end of every log entry.

I haven't seen that but digging around suggests the file system date for the files are bogus. What does finder say?

• andrew-2201221andrew-2201221 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Every freaking time DAZ has a new version, it screws my library over. The last time, I even uninstalled and reinstalled everything just make sure all of the files were up to date so this crap wouldn't happen again.....

I'm not running anything out of the ordinary. It's just windows 7. No additional DAZ content from sources outside the DAZ site and my firewall and anti-virus all told to count anything to do with DAZ/CMS/etc as an exception. By every possible trouble shooting problem I've read here, this shouldn't even be happening....

Seriously, if anyone from the actual Dev team reads this, try to do more than 5 minutes of bug testing before you release a new version....please? If I have to keep spending an hour troubleshooting and reinstalling everything from scratch every time you have an update, I'm going to drop this program and go someplace less frustrating.

edited December 1969

andrew said:
    Every freaking time DAZ has a new version, it screws my library over. The last time, I even uninstalled and reinstalled everything just make sure all of the files were up to date so this crap wouldn't happen again.....

I'm not running anything out of the ordinary. It's just windows 7. No additional DAZ content from sources outside the DAZ site and my firewall and anti-virus all told to count anything to do with DAZ/CMS/etc as an exception. By every possible trouble shooting problem I've read here, this shouldn't even be happening....

Seriously, if anyone from the actual Dev team reads this, try to do more than 5 minutes of bug testing before you release a new version....please? If I have to keep spending an hour troubleshooting and reinstalling everything from scratch every time you have an update, I'm going to drop this program and go someplace less frustrating.

I don't think the problem is to little bug testing (I've heard from reliable sources that there are many testers both inhouse and in beta groups doing extensive testing before every release, first in closed betas, then in an open beta. Remember that most of the users never experience this, but as every system is different, you do have something in your setup that break things.

Quick fault finding script:
    - Is it the Smart Content that fails?
    YES:
    - Check if DAZ Studio is allowed to talk to the Smart content database. New process means new settings in the firewall/Antivirus, depending on vendor/solution.
    NO:
    - Continue

- Is it the Content Library that fails?
    YES:
    - Check if the settings for where the content is located. Can be mangled for many reasons, specially registry "fixing" programs
    NO:
    - Continue

- Give a description if what doesn't work.

• andrew-2201221andrew-2201221 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

That was my point, though.

The machine I have DAZ on is purely for artwork. It has almost no programs on it other than DAZ, photoshop and a few other basic things. I don't have the bridges to photoshop installed and I don't have Carrera or Bryce and have kept DAZ independant. I have never messed with my setting in so far as network or windows goes since installation. My anti-virus and firewall have long since been compatible with DAZ and I even added the precautionary actions to the options of my firewall and anti-virus in conjunciton with previous threads about previous troubles. That computer and it's set up is as basic and stock as you can get for a pool of variables. The fact that something so default continues to repeatedly have problems is a sign that the updates they do are overlooking something obviously basic they should be taking into account. (the fact that this thread is over 20 pages long with people having different problems and lack of success with different work-arounds AND the fact that these problems have arisen during previous updates is also proof of this)

While it sounds unreasonable, my statement is valid. Were this the first time people had content issues with a DAZ update, it would be more understandable. Considering this is NOT the first time, the onus is on the development team for not taking addition time to test for problems they know they've had in the past.

But enough arguing, my status update is as follows, everything works fine when I go back to valentina. I am not done trying every possible work-around yet from these 20+ pages, but I have tried a some of the earlier ones with no success.
    -smart content does not work, but it is not an access problem, firewalls/antivirus are not in the way (and I don't have zone alarm)
    -content library does not work, it will show the components for whatever existing file I open. (example: if I open a previous saved scene, all content used in that scene will show up in the library, but that's it) All directories are default ones. I have never chosen new directories nor done any registry fixes to my system in months. All library functions show and function properly as soon as I return to my version of DAZ, etc stored in a back up from the other day (and I have had no anti-virus or firewall or windows system updates over that one day time period).

I am leaving my DAZ running using valentina for now in the hopes that a better version of PostgreSQL which will not cause so much trouble when installing will appear (or until a time when this crap version of PostgreSQL becomes manditory). Two hours of reading, installing and uninstalling stuff is my limit for putting up with this kind of junk.

edited December 1969

andrew said:
    That was my point, though.

The machine I have DAZ on is purely for artwork. It has almost no programs on it other than DAZ, photoshop and a few other basic things. I don't have the bridges to photoshop installed and I don't have Carrera or Bryce and have kept DAZ independant. I have never messed with my setting in so far as network or windows goes since installation. My anti-virus and firewall have long since been compatible with DAZ and I even added the precautionary actions to the options of my firewall and anti-virus in conjunciton with previous threads about previous troubles. That computer and it's set up is as basic and stock as you can get for a pool of variables. The fact that something so default continues to repeatedly have problems is a sign that the updates they do are overlooking something obviously basic they should be taking into account. (the fact that this thread is over 20 pages long with people having different problems and lack of success with different work-arounds AND the fact that these problems have arisen during previous updates is also proof of this)

While it sounds unreasonable, my statement is valid. Were this the first time people had content issues with a DAZ update, it would be more understandable. Considering this is NOT the first time, the onus is on the development team for not taking addition time to test for problems they know they've had in the past.

But enough arguing, my status update is as follows, everything works fine when I go back to valentina. I am not done trying every possible work-around yet from these 20+ pages, but I have tried a some of the earlier ones with no success.
    -smart content does not work, but it is not an access problem, firewalls/antivirus are not in the way (and I don't have zone alarm)
    -content library does not work, it will show the components for whatever existing file I open. (example: if I open a previous saved scene, all content used in that scene will show up in the library, but that's it) All directories are default ones. I have never chosen new directories nor done any registry fixes to my system in months. All library functions show and function properly as soon as I return to my version of DAZ, etc stored in a back up from the other day (and I have had no anti-virus or firewall or windows system updates over that one day time period).

I am leaving my DAZ running using valentina for now in the hopes that a better version of PostgreSQL which will not cause so much trouble when installing will appear (or until a time when this crap version of PostgreSQL becomes manditory). Two hours of reading, installing and uninstalling stuff is my limit for putting up with this kind of junk.

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited December 1969

andrew said:

It is known that some AV programs do cause problems for postgres, on the other hand, Valentina caused problems on its own for many users. Postgres being more stable for an absolute majority of the users was in my opinion the right step to take.

What AV programs do you use? NOD32? F-Secure?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I got Postgre to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :)

For everybody who doesn't get Postgre to run: take a close look at the version number of your DIM ... mine was outdated! It started, it worked, but it was still 1.0.something ... even when I let it update when it asked.
    The deleting all DIM files by hand and installing fresh from the Product library download worked.
    Then I had to uninstall PostgreSQL and DazStudio and reinstall - but now it works!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I got Postgre to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :)

For everybody who doesn't get Postgre to run: take a close look at the version number of your DIM ... mine was outdated! It started, it worked, but it was still 1.0.something ... even when I let it update when it asked.
    The deleting all DIM files by hand and installing fresh from the Product library download worked.
    Then I had to uninstall PostgreSQL and DazStudio and reinstall - but now it works!

Yay!!!

You never gave up! I love it.