Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited March 2014

Doesn't it seem you always come back to A3, after working with other stuff for a while :)

A new render of Salome on A19 (thumbnail below), full-size render link: LINK

Salome19_dress_th.jpg
    254 x 254 - 18K
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Loooooooooooovely!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Is there anime style eyelashes for Aiko3 anywhere, commercial or freebie? (like a more solid lash with a pointy corner, or corners, or 2-3 lashes on the end, etc)

This comes with a few lash transmaps that do what you want.
    http://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-eyes

If you just want the lashes though it's probably easy enough to do them yourself since they're just transmaps.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    3doutlaw said:
    Is there anime style eyelashes for Aiko3 anywhere, commercial or freebie? (like a more solid lash with a pointy corner, or corners, or 2-3 lashes on the end, etc)

This comes with a few lash transmaps that do what you want.
    http://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-eyes

If you just want the lashes though it's probably easy enough to do them yourself since they're just transmaps.

Perfect thanks!

edited December 1969

Here is A3/A19/Salome in toon style! Thorne/Sarsa characters look good in toon shading, I have used Mila, Pazu, Mulberry and of course Salome. All of them work well as toons! Click here for full size: LINK

SalomeAnime_th.jpg
    230 x 370 - 24K
  • ghidghidghidghid Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Sylfie in MANGA style.
    This is Japanese style, so watch panels right to left.

step009sm2k.jpg
    1417 x 2000 - 289K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited December 1969

Big close up render from Smoke and Mirrors

172_-_SmokeMirrors-Portrait.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • EthinEthin Posts: 973
    edited April 2014

Finally, something new from me.

SnowDPort2.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 361K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...that is really pretty. What character set is that?

edited April 2014

Brielle head morph and full texture (I modified the texture) , some Kioki, and lots of me.

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited April 2014

Was looking for good results with A3 Thorne characters and GenX, and thought maybe this crowd may know more. See my post/question here: GenX and Mila

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited December 1969

Never mind I figured it out ;-)

edited December 1969

OK, Mattymanx, you keep coming out with these cool pose sets like Lady Samurai Poses, and I don't see an A3 variation? Where's the love? ;-) ...or is there some secret A3 store that I am missing?

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, Mattymanx, you keep coming out with these cool pose sets like Lady Samurai Poses, and I don't see an A3 variation? Where's the love? ;-) ...or is there some secret A3 store that I am missing?

Believe it or not the LS pose set did start off as A3 and was going to support A3, A4 & A5. Sadly the pose set got left on the back burner and was only looked at again earlier this year. However, I saw no reason to make it for the older generation figures so I just did G2F and a few of her shapes. There are almost 20 A3 poses but they will not see the light of day sorry to say.

edited December 1969

I dream of chibi genie Jane.

ChibiGenieJane01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 422K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ghid said:
    Sylfie in MANGA style.
    This is Japanese style, so watch panels right to left.

dragon sighting!

it's kewl how she's stepping off the page ;)

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited December 1969

I've always had a fondness for belly dancing and it dawned upon me that I've never depicted that theme despite having purchased the "Moonlight Dancer for Aiko 19" several years ago. Oh, I've used elements combined with other wardrobes, but never really as intended.

So, I finally rectified that oversight. I tweaked the materials to make it a tad more, ahem, "daring" and stood Aiko within "DM's Legends" set which has something of a Middle East quality.

Sincerely,

Bill

A3-B-Dance-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 170K
    edited December 1969

This looks lovely!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

a short animation video with Aiko 3 at Curator Aquarum the dry version
    Jack Tomalin was so nice updating Curator Aquarum with a water prop

https://vimeo.com/96087135

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Was looking for good results with A3 Thorne characters and GenX, and thought maybe this crowd may know more. See my post/question here: GenX and Mila

did you ever find a solution to this eye issue? I got close with messing with the settings but never good enough and gave up

edited December 1969

I used Micah to depict an "idealized" version of a convention costume I designed and wore years ago. I use a snapshot of the makeup and wig as my avatar. Due to the relatively limited number of items available for Hiro 3 (at least when compared to any of the female figures), it was a challenge trying replicate the outfit details. In several cases, I had to substitute elements that were just "in the spirit of". But in other ways, this digital version is superior. Primarily, it has a tail and feline ears my costume sadly lacked.

So, allow me to introduce you the genetic chimera bounty hunting in a cyberpunk dystopia I call the "Fur-minator". Yes, a horrible pun, I know.

No, I don't costume anymore for a number of reasons. I'm now middle aged; I've added some pounds; sci-fi cons are too bloody expensive and anthro' themes had developed something of a sordid reputation in the last several years. But it was fun while I did it.

Sincerely,

Bill

Furminator-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 91K
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Aiko3 all the way, rendered on the first hours of today

986.png
    850 x 1080 - 1M
    45ab.png
    438 x 965 - 793K
    edited December 1969

Lovely renders!

edited December 1969

I love the angel pic. WHat wings are those?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2014

Looks like the Malaki wings over at RDNA to me.

Edit: after looking at his gallery page at dA, where he has other renders that show more of the wings, they are definitely NOT Malaki. Not sure what wings they are. They look like they could be Epic Wings with a different texture, but I don't think that's it, either. Hopefully he replies.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Malaik

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    Malaik

That is the correct spelling. Thank you. I found them over at RDNA

edited December 1969

Micah as the "Fur-minator" dressed a bit more casually, not unlike my own clothes when I'm not at the office. For "shiggles", I even gave him glasses similar to my own.

I've never really been into the on-line "fursona" schtick, but what the heck. I doubt I can morph a realistic likeness of my own features, so I might as well use a kind of "stand in" for those times I might want to rattle the "fourth wall" and address the audience.

Sincerely,

Bill

Furminator-J-3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 101K
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited June 2014

Mattymanx said:

I love the angel pic. WHat wings are those?

the infamous Angelyna Wings.

angwingz.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 506K
    Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.

- Neddy Nederlander