Precious gems in the Plat for a day I never knew about....

Dimurak Toon Bull Monster is something I never heard of before, and there it is, an absolutely beautiful and charming little creature.... as little fantasy monsters go :) 

I would never have known about this if it was not for this Platinum sale. Got it.

And thank you so much to DAZ and its creator, Wicked Creations.

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

oohh such a cute one.. I had totally missed that one, so thanks for pointing him my way :)

• Oh, he's cute! I may pick him up as well. I also completed my collection of the Precious animals the other day! PFAD and BYOB are a great place to stock up on those cute fantasy items along with lots of older, low-resource things. I've bought a whole bunch of old buildings and so on that are lower poly than current offerings, meaning they can be re-shaded/converted for Iray and still end up light on the system resources. Perfect for stuff in the background or things that'll end up heavily DOF'd anyway.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited October 2020

Wow, the main promo made me pass over it because he just looked pretty scary and I don't often render scary, but if they had used one of these as the main promo I would have paused and taken a closer look (especially the image with his tongue out - cute! lol):

I'm glad you made this post and made me go back for a second look. I think I'll get him - he looks great!

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2020

A couple more gems I discovered:

https://www.daz3d.com/adorable-aiko-6 (not only some really cute morphs but it also comes with a bikini!)

I did know this existed but it's in my cart now: https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-animals-bundle

The main promo image doesn't really show how diverse this product actually looks to be: https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-ultimate-layered-shimmer-makeups

On closer look, the product looks really cool - with so many neat makeup options! I think one of these would have been better as a main promo and an attention grabber:

Those products had escaped my attention but they're in my cart now. lol :D 

Thank you to the PAs who contributed to the PC+ for a day! These are great products that I otherwise wouldn't have discovered!

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Oh wow, I never would have guessed that's what the makeup product really was! The main promo really doesn't do it any sort of justice; I passed right over it when I saw it as the thumbnail but now the set is in my cart. It's nothing like I expected and definitely something that I want to have.

We've really had some amazing things for PFAD this year, many thanks to all the generous PAs. :>

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Fusling's stuff is always worth a look through the promos. I have a number of her older items, before she switched over to Iray altogether.

JOdel said:

Fusling's stuff is always worth a look through the promos. I have a number of her older items, before she switched over to Iray altogether.

Sickleyield's stuff is great, and her team-ups with Fuseling are no exception! :) I have quite a few of their products but some have managed to slip through my radar, particularly some of the older content that was released before I really started shopping here a few years ago. I'll have to go through their entire back catalogue one of these days.

• Hey thanks to everyone who gave nice comments about my Dimurak character, now looking at the middle picture 3Diva posted I realize he kind of has a puppy dog kind of quality about him, I honestly forget if that was my original intention or not lol, now I must work on a "scary" creature to balance my creature catalog more wink.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Thanks, Diva. I completely ignored the shimmer makeup, because the main promo is so very unattractive. But your choice for main promo would have had me buy it instantly. Well, I'll get it now, thanks to you.

edited October 2020

Hey thanks to everyone who gave nice comments about my Dimurak character, now looking at the middle picture 3Diva posted I realize he kind of has a puppy dog kind of quality about him, I honestly forget if that was my original intention or not lol, now I must work on a "scary" creature to balance my creature catalog more wink.

Hahah Ok, but after that, more cute monsters, please?! lol :D There are already so many scary monsters in the store, cute monsters are so rare. If Pixar taught us anything is that there's a big market for cute monsters. :) 

I really like Dimurak, btw! Well done on him! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2020
    barbult said:

Thanks, Diva. I completely ignored the shimmer makeup, because the main promo is so very unattractive. But your choice for main promo would have had me buy it instantly. Well, I'll get it now, thanks to you.

The main promo is a bit subtle - but it looks like one can create some really striking and dramatic looks with the product though. I'm looking forward to using it! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Hey thanks to everyone who gave nice comments about my Dimurak character, now looking at the middle picture 3Diva posted I realize he kind of has a puppy dog kind of quality about him, I honestly forget if that was my original intention or not lol, now I must work on a "scary" creature to balance my creature catalog more wink.

I ended up picking him up, too, based on the comments and promos people posted here! I need to somehow get him and Baby Barry, my favorite cute weird kiwi-looking critter in the world, into the same scene. Maybe along with Cookietaur and Chiptaur. And a wonky-looking griffon that can't fly, if I can ever find one! Heeeey, need ideas? ;) J/k that is the most wildly specific thing, but I wonder if I can sort something out with the Legendary Griffin PLUS setup.

A loving family of adorable misfits. I'm glad this thread pointed your Dimurak out because now I have ideas for him that I will hopefully get to some day, lol.

Also I was only sort of kidding about the wonky griffon, I will buy any and all griffons I can find. Actually, I'd really love to see a line of cute classical monsters and critters! Cute griffon, cute harpy, cute phoenix, cute minotaur, etc. More cute monsters please!

edited October 2020

Hey thanks to everyone who gave nice comments about my Dimurak character, now looking at the middle picture 3Diva posted I realize he kind of has a puppy dog kind of quality about him, I honestly forget if that was my original intention or not lol, now I must work on a "scary" creature to balance my creature catalog more wink.

I ended up picking him up, too, based on the comments and promos people posted here! I need to somehow get him and Baby Barry, my favorite cute weird kiwi-looking critter in the world, into the same scene. Maybe along with Cookietaur and Chiptaur. And a wonky-looking griffon that can't fly, if I can ever find one! Heeeey, need ideas? ;) J/k that is the most wildly specific thing, but I wonder if I can sort something out with the Legendary Griffin PLUS setup.

A loving family of adorable misfits. I'm glad this thread pointed your Dimurak out because now I have ideas for him that I will hopefully get to some day, lol.

Also I was only sort of kidding about the wonky griffon, I will buy any and all griffons I can find. Actually, I'd really love to see a line of cute classical monsters and critters! Cute griffon, cute harpy, cute phoenix, cute minotaur, etc. More cute monsters please!

Do you have Lady Littlefox's Gryphon? https://www.daz3d.com/precious-gryphon Or is that too toon? 

There's also this guy: https://www.daz3d.com/griffin-for-daz-big-cat-2

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2020

I'd really love to see a line of cute classical monsters and critters! 

+1 Cute classic monsters - that would fly into my cart. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,001
    edited October 2020
    3Diva said:
    barbult said:

The main promo is a bit subtle - but it looks like one can create some really striking and dramatic looks with the product though. I'm looking forward to using it! :)

I'll add my thanks, too - I missed it when making my daily PFAD cart but snagged it after reading your post.

The image with 120 lipsticks would be a good main promo - I think it would have caught my attention the first time around.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • 3Diva said:

Do you have Lady Littlefox's Gryphon? https://www.daz3d.com/precious-gryphon Or is that too toon? 

There's also this guy: https://www.daz3d.com/griffin-for-daz-big-cat-2

I have them both (and Lynx, Tiger, and Clydesdale wishlisted)! I adore Precious Gryphon, but was thinking that alongside Dimurak it might be a little too cutesy. Dimurak has that ugly-cute vibe going on and I love it. I considered Mesh Grabber to weird it up some, but since it's a bunch of geografts added onto the main base and not a single figure... That's been giving me a bit of trouble in other areas, too, I wanted to use layered geoshells to turn the Gryphon into a cuddly toy but I keep ending up with awkward gapping where the grafts meet since every individual graft gets its own sets of shells. I wish I could just throw a single shell around the entire grouped item in one go and then assign material zones again if necessary.

That's why I was thinking about trying The Legendary Griffin (still the best we've got and why I as a fantastical monotreme enthusiast keep crying about Griffin 8), with the PLUS! pack. The baby morph plus some of the scaling morphs might make something that Dimurak could reasonably be friends with. Pull him and Barry around in the cart since neither of them can fly, and they don't mind that he can look a little bit scary sometimes (it helps that Barry doesn't have the best daytime vision). :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited October 2020
    3Diva said:
    barbult said:

I gave it a try. I'm happy with my first result, although I found it confusing to use. It could use some instructions. The few tip thumbnails aren't much to go by. I *think* some of the files apply to the character base texture and some apply to the metallic flakes. They are LIE, which can be really slow sometimes, but these didn't seem too bad. I also used the Regal Jewels, which I already owned, but were in PC+ for a day, too. 

Kanade 8 Bette Shimmer Makeup_Default Camera PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited October 2020

Also I was only sort of kidding about the wonky griffon, I will buy any and all griffons I can find.

This one is free:

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Griffin_(Wolmol)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Kerya said:

Also I was only sort of kidding about the wonky griffon, I will buy any and all griffons I can find.

This one is free:

Oh wow, thank you very much! Was totally unaware there was a freebie, though I think I surely must have all the paid ones (Legendary, DBC2 atrocity, oh-so-wonky SM Legends Series, and of course Precious Gryphon).

I've downloaded him, I'm sure I will be able to find a use for him before too long. :)

Kerya said:

This one is free:

Oh wow, thank you very much! Was totally unaware there was a freebie, though I think I surely must have all the paid ones (Legendary, DBC2 atrocity, oh-so-wonky SM Legends Series, and of course Precious Gryphon).

I've downloaded him, I'm sure I will be able to find a use for him before too long. :)

This one is not a figure ... but funny (and free):

https://fantasiesrealm.com/market/Designers/Summoner/Rocking-Griffen-Exclusive

• Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

This one is free:

OH OH OH THAT'S PERFECT THOUGH. I have a character who is positively obsessed with griffons, and his mum would absolutely have found a way to have a little rocking griffon made for him when he was a wee thing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Honestly that one may have just made my week. :D

Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

This one is free:

OH OH OH THAT'S PERFECT THOUGH. I have a character who is positively obsessed with griffons, and his mum would absolutely have found a way to have a little rocking griffon made for him when he was a wee thing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Honestly that one may have just made my week. :D

Happy to help! laugh

barbult said:
    3Diva said:
    barbult said:

I gave it a try. I'm happy with my first result, although I found it confusing to use. It could use some instructions. The few tip thumbnails aren't much to go by. I *think* some of the files apply to the character base texture and some apply to the metallic flakes. They are LIE, which can be really slow sometimes, but these didn't seem too bad. I also used the Regal Jewels, which I already owned, but were in PC+ for a day, too. 

Oh, that's lovely! I love the color palette you chose. Really pretty render! 

• I grabbed the layered shimmer makeups and Dimurak that day, too, thanks to this thread. I passed right by them when I was looking because the main promo photo did nothing for me.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

I picked up the Hiro 3 bundle in a recent PCFAD sale because....actually, I'm not sure why I bought it.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

If you don't have it, don't miss this SloshWerks bathroom.  A steal.  Practially renders itself.

• With a functional toilet seat, no less. And toilet paper! Into the cart it goes...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Sevrin said:

If you don't have it, don't miss this SloshWerks bathroom.  A steal.  Practially renders itself.

A bathroom that doesn't look like it belongs in a billionaire's house. Buying.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,460
    3Diva said:

A couple more gems I discovered:

https://www.daz3d.com/adorable-aiko-6 (not only some really cute morphs but it also comes with a bikini!)

I did know this existed but it's in my cart now: https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-animals-bundle

The main promo image doesn't really show how diverse this product actually looks to be: https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-ultimate-layered-shimmer-makeups

On closer look, the product looks really cool - with so many neat makeup options! I think one of these would have been better as a main promo and an attention grabber:

Those products had escaped my attention but they're in my cart now. lol :D 

Thank you to the PAs who contributed to the PC+ for a day! These are great products that I otherwise wouldn't have discovered!

Somehow this convinced me to get both the LIE makeup options and the LoRez animals.

• I already owned the LoREZ animals pack, but I've been buying up other LoREZ stuff. Today it's the Arab male and the chickens.

I completely overlooked a bunch of the offerings last week and earlier in the sale, though. May have to wait until next year rolls around to pick them up. I really could've used the cow and modern male. I may go ahead and pick up the space worker and dock bundle IF we do a catch-up sale that's something other than "buy this new, overpriced bundle you're not interested in and pay more than twice as much for what you missed as you would have last week."