Houston 48 Hour Film Contest Screenings Available Online

Eighteen five minute videos made in two days, including one Carrara animation.  wink

VIRTUAL SCREENINGS
Wednesday October 21, 2020 @ 7pm
https://watch.eventive.org/houston48hfp/play/5f84d3eb2dca6900455f3546

If you're not available to watch at this time, no worries.  You'll have a full week to start watching the screening.

TICKETS
Tickets are currently available for purchase and you can SAVE 25% if you purchase in advance rather than waiting until the day of.  And the system will even send you a reminder once the screening is available.
https://watch.eventive.org/houston48hfp/play/5f84d3eb2dca6900455f3546

Early Bird Tickets (available through Tuesday October 20)
$10.00 + $2.75 processing fee

Regular Tickets (starting Wednesday October 21)
Tickets are $12.50 + a $2.75 processing fee.

AUDIENCE VOTE
Each year we ask the attendees to vote for their favorite films.  We will be doing that again this year.  Everyone who purchases a ticket to the virtual screenings will be provided an opportunity to vote.

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Thanks for the info Steve K, I've always wondered what the event would look like, er... you know what I mean, obviously different every time, lol. Also get to see your latest work early. smiley

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Thanks for the info Steve K, I've always wondered what the event would look like, er... you know what I mean, obviously different every time, lol. Also get to see your latest work early. smiley

Thanks.  My wife & I have always enjoyed the contest screenings, usually four sessions in a theater with a dozen or so films each session.  The majority of the audience are team members, who are not bashful about making noise, especially for their entry.  Only 18 this year for the online contest (with strict safety rules) & screening, but should still have some good entries.  Some of the teams usually have pros, semi-pros, even SAG actors (by special arrangement with SAG) who just enjoy the freedom from clients & bosses, I think.  I mentioned an entry from years ago that is on YouTube, one viewer asked me who the lead was, he looked familiar to her.  Sure enough, he was in a soap opera, and had flown back from California to help out his buddy who was the team leader/director.  The film is "Rushin' ", which won that year:

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited October 2020

"...the gravy is always warm!"

Love it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

"...the gravy is always warm!"

Love it.

Yup, that team "Sweet Baby Jesus" did some funny videos.

Post edited by Chohole on