[Released] Pose Randomizer Pro

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited November 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Unlock the infinite potential lurking inside your expensive pose collection! Pose Randomizer Pro takes the popular Pose Randomizer product and upgrades it with tons of new features.

Pose Randomizer Pro is a suite of scripts for creating new poses and enhancing existing ones. Pose Randomizer Pro works by selectively randomizing the bone orientations of your Figures and Characters.

It is designed to work with any character... from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8, from Horse to Dragon, Male or Female... anything with bones!

• Designed for any Character or Figure... from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8, from Horse to Dragon... anything with bones
  • Works with entire figures or Sub-Trees of the bone hierarchy
  • Create new looks for your poses with just one click
  • Give just a hint of imperfection to your poses to make them look more realistic and less "posed." Life isn't perfect, your poses shouldn't be either
  • Selectively control which parts of the body are affected (Designed for Michael 4/Victoria 4 - Genesis 8, though it may work with other characters)
  • Settings are automatically saved and restored

Exclusive to Pose Randomizer Pro (!):

• Expands the original 2 Pose Randomizer scripts to a suite of 12 different scripts
  • Multi-Level Undo and Redo
  • Separate Perturbation Percentage sliders for Bend, Twist, and Side-Side
  • Optional Unidirectional Perturbation (i.e., all bones are rotated in a positive or negative direction) and the ability to mirror Unidirectional Perturbation Left to Right (e.g., right arm and left arm will bend in the same direction regardless of slider setup, M4/V4 - G8 only)
  • In-Dialog Camera
  • Install as Custom Actions Script

Pose Randomizer is not required.  No poses are included with the package.

What's Included and Features

• Pose Randomizer Pro (.DSE)
  • 13 Scripts
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Body Parts
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Feet (feet and toes)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Figure (everything except expression)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Fingers (fingers excluding thumb)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Hands
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Head (neck and head)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Lower Half (pelvis, legs, and feet)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Selected Only (Only actual selected nodes)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Selected (selected nodes and all children)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Toes
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Upper Body (Upper body excluding neck and head)
    • Pose Randomizer Pro Upper Half (upper body excluding expression)
    • Install Custom Pose Randomizer Pro Actions script (to install to Favorite menu)
  • Detailed User's Guide
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Looks like a significant addition / improvement. Looking forward to it.

• fastbike1 said:

Looks like a significant addition / improvement. Looking forward to it.

Thanks.  Basically I added everything I wished it had had from the beginning. smiley  There should be an upgrade discount when it comes out.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2020

Own the 1st Pose Randomizer already (along with a bunch of your other products smiley) , but never really used this one.  However now, this addon is pretty close to what I needed to actually to have enough artistic control over visualized final pose.  So this upcoming release is exciting.

That said, am trying to figure out a workflow to integrate.

Usually custom script based means you call up and work in a pop-up that you have to close afterwards.
    Iterating alot and going back forth and doing other stuff inbetween, this constant pop-up opening and closing becomes energy draining and anti-creative.

(1) Don't suppose there is a way to make this new pane load up permanent and be accessible like other DS native interface panes?  Guessing probably not (or someone would have done it by now).
    (2) I use Bitwelder's Visual Menus for calling up alot of my content.  So would it be possible to setup templates like
        (i) arm.left - move side.outwards. a bit (with that template having several bones with different perturbation values preassigned)
        (ii) arm.left -- yada.yada variation of (i)
        (iii)  etc ...
    I could then  setup each script preset template so I can just the click preset in VisualMenu i setup, and it works quick.

Even if I have to edit a json or dsx file that wouild be fine.  Key is having multiple bones with different pertrubation values for achieving like say moving arm.left outwards to the side in this preset.

Is that in any way possible? laugh

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Own the 1st Pose Randomizer already (along with a bunch of your other products smiley) , but never really used this one.  However now, this addon is pretty close to what I needed to actually to have enough artistic control over visualized final pose.  So this upcoming release is exciting.

That said, am trying to figure out a workflow to integrate.

Usually custom script based means you call up and work in a pop-up that you have to close afterwards.
    Iterating alot and going back forth and doing other stuff inbetween, this constant pop-up opening and closing becomes energy draining and anti-creative.

(1) Don't suppose there is a way to make this new pane load up permanent and be accessible like other DS native interface panes?  Guessing probably not (or someone would have done it by now).

Not using the scripting interface.  It would have to be rewritten as a C++ plugin.

(2) I use Bitwelder's Visual Menus for calling up alot of my content.  So would it be possible to setup templates like
        (i) arm.left - move side.outwards. a bit (with that template having several bones with different perturbation values preassigned)
        (ii) arm.left -- yada.yada variation of (i)
        (iii)  etc ...
    I could then  setup each script preset template so I can just the click preset in VisualMenu i setup, and it works quick.

Even if I have to edit a json or dsx file that wouild be fine.  Key is having multiple bones with different pertrubation values for achieving like say moving arm.left outwards to the side in this preset.

Is that in any way possible? laugh

Not currently, but there might be a way with little effort.  I would have to investigate.

•  

Not currently, but there might be a way with little effort.  I would have to investigate.

If you have time & interest that would be great!  How much of a gift certificate should i send to you to act as honey enticer?  wink  If not fitting with your time budget, for sure do understand as well.

• Hello River ,

Try to make Now-Crowd Billboards ( airport - Bank ) .smiley

•  

If you have time & interest that would be great!  How much of a gift certificate should i send to you to act as honey enticer?  wink  If not fitting with your time budget, for sure do understand as well.

No honey required. smiley I will look into it. 

• Bamber said:

Hello River ,

You want billboards of people standing in line?

• The RED CrownThe RED Crown Posts: 247
    edited October 2020
    Bamber said:

Hello River ,

No
    I mean how people go about their normal daily work at work , like Office Life .

Post edited by The RED Crown on
  •  

No honey required. smiley I will look into it. 

Thanks! smiley Will X my fingers and toes.

• Bamber said:
    Bamber said:

Hello River ,

No
    I mean how people go about their normal daily work at work , like Office Life .

Ah, ok.  Understood.

• And it is released!

• I would appreciate any comments on the buying experience, especially for upgraders.  All yesterday, the RiverSoft Art store didn't even exist and none of my products were available.  I am a little nervous. smiley

• It is in my cart, (upgrader) but I am not able to buy at the moment.  Store is down, and pricing is unstable at best.  I will let you know once I am actually able to purchase

• I love your stuff. Once the store stuff evens out I'll be looking into it. :)

• Bought it. Just can't get it to download with the site issues going on.

Looking forward to trying it, additions to original look very much what I
     am looking for

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

Bought it. Just can't get it to download with the site issues going on.

am looking for

if you use DIM, you can go to your orders in the Account page, click on the order, click on the the download for the product, click on the manual download for the product, move the now downloaded to the DIM download folder, and run DIM offline.  If you use Connect, download the Connect File and Key and place them in the the download folder in the Cloud folder of the data folder of your products.  If you install, manually, just open the manual download zip and put things where they belong.

• edited November 2020

Nope. Couldn't even get a manual download. Alas I've requested a refund. I"'ll purchase it when the website os working reliably again.

Edited: Read your instructions more carefully. Got the files to download. Hopefully I can manually install. Lot of files to download.

Thank you @nemesis10

Post edited by Umi no Senshi no Ishi on
  • rshellman said:

It is in my cart, (upgrader) but I am not able to buy at the moment.  Store is down, and pricing is unstable at best.  I will let you know once I am actually able to purchase

Thank you.  I hope they fix this store stuff soon!

• I love your stuff. Once the store stuff evens out I'll be looking into it. :)

Thanks. I appreciate that. smiley

• Bought it. Just can't get it to download with the site issues going on.

am looking for

Thanks. I am glad you like the additions.  As I mentioned earlier, I added everything I wished it had had from the beginning!  (Though considering it may have been the first script I wrote for DS, the original held up really well). smiley

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited November 2020
    nemesis10 said:

Bought it. Just can't get it to download with the site issues going on.

am looking for

if you use DIM, you can go to your orders in the Account page, click on the order, click on the the download for the product, click on the manual download for the product, move the now downloaded to the DIM download folder, and run DIM offline.  If you use Connect, download the Connect File and Key and place them in the the download folder in the Cloud folder of the data folder of your products.  If you install, manually, just open the manual download zip and put things where they belong.

Nope. Couldn't even get a manual download. Alas I've requested a refund. I"'ll purchase it when the website os working reliably again.

Edited: Read your instructions more carefully. Got the files to download. Hopefully I can manually install. Lot of files to download.

Thank you @nemesis10

Thanks for the help @nemesis10.  @Umi no Senshi no Ishi I am sorry you are having difficulty.  DIM still seems to be broken for me as well this morning sad

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • No worries @RiverSoftArt. Got it downloaded and loaded.  Will try it out as soon as work eases up. (Darn making me actually work for the money they pay me).

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

@RiverSoftArt:  I just bought Pose Randomizer Pro today. I don't have Pose Randomizer, but the info Ad said I didn't need it. I started to try it out. I clicked the install button which is supposed to install Custom Pose Randomizer Pro Actions scripts in a header. DAZ Studio CRASHED! (v. 4.12.1.118, Macintosh, 64-bit) I'm running OS Catalina (10.15.7). Now, I notice the button said it would install scripts in Favorites. I don't have a Favorites in my Menu that runs across the top. So, maybe that's my goof. I thought maybe it would just create a Favorites in the Menu for me. I tried to  include the DAZ Studio log file for today. (It only ran for a few moments.) Hope that works. If not, if you give me an email address, I can send the log file to you.

txt
    txt
    2020_11_05 Log File copy.txt
  • inquire said:

@RiverSoftArt:  I just bought Pose Randomizer Pro today. I don't have Pose Randomizer, but the info Ad said I didn't need it. I started to try it out. I clicked the install button which is supposed to install Custom Pose Randomizer Pro Actions scripts in a header. DAZ Studio CRASHED! (v. 4.12.1.118, Macintosh, 64-bit) I'm running OS Catalina (10.15.7). Now, I notice the button said it would install scripts in Favorites. I don't have a Favorites in my Menu that runs across the top. So, maybe that's my goof. I thought maybe it would just create a Favorites in the Menu for me. I tried to  include the DAZ Studio log file for today. (It only ran for a few moments.) Hope that works. If not, if you give me an email address, I can send the log file to you.

@inquire, sorry you are having difficulty.  On Windows at least, the script will create the Favorites menu if it doesn't exist.  The log does not include anything unfortunately to try and debug, probably because of the crash.  Do you at least see a dialog asking where you want the actions to go?

This is all I see: (Screen Shot) I'm not sure what you mean by do I see a dialog asking where I want the actions to go? Do you mean after I click on the button, does a dialog box open up? If that's what you're asking, the answer is no. The only thing that happens is that DAZ Studio CRASHES! 

I noticed, too, what you pointed out: The log does not include anything unfortunately to try and debug  I think the crash was so sudden that there was no time to write anything to the log file.

How does one create a Favorites menu if it doesn't already exist? Do you think that if I had a favorites menu, the scripts might be installed properly? 

Is there any way you could write an option for Mac users so that the scripts would be installed in the Scripts menu?

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 11.54.54 AM.png
    626 x 375 - 221K
  • inquire said:

This is all I see: (Screen Shot) I'm not sure what you mean by do I see a dialog asking where I want the actions to go? Do you mean after I click on the button, does a dialog box open up? If that's what you're asking, the answer is no. The only thing that happens is that DAZ Studio CRASHES! 

I noticed, too, what you pointed out: The log does not include anything unfortunately to try and debug  I think the crash was so sudden that there was no time to write anything to the log file.

How does one create a Favorites menu if it doesn't already exist? Do you think that if I had a favorites menu, the scripts might be installed properly? 

Is there any way you could write an option for Mac users so that the scripts would be installed in the Scripts menu?

You are supposed to see this when you double-click it (without the ampersands on Mac):

It is very strange that you are not getting to it.  The script is not even getting to the part where it is installing so it doesn't matter if you have a Favorites menu or not.

I would open the "Install Custom Pose Randomizer Pro Actions.dsa" in a text editor.  In the script, there is a line:

var status = InputQuery(title,....);

type this BEFORE it:

print(filePath);
    print(iconPath);
    print(title);
    print(sActionMenu);
    return;

Save and close and run the script.  Do you get a crash?  What is in the Daz log?  If it doesn't crash, move the "return" after the InputQuery line.  What happens?

BTW, do the regular scripts work?

2020-11-06_7-31-45.jpg
    685 x 198 - 29K

OK. Typed as you directed. (I duplicated the file and removed the original first, so that I could go back to it, if necessary.) First, I tried the downloaded script. It Crashed DAZ Studio, as it did yesterday.

Restarted DS after the typing on the duplicated file. Double-clicked and Double-clicked. Nothing happened. DS did not quit. But I did not get any dialog box.

What's in the log file? I'm going to try to attach that for you.

You Wrote: If it doesn't crash, move the "return" after the InputQuery line.  What happens? Have not tried that yet. Will do that and report back to you.

You also Wrote: BTW, do the regular scripts work? I tried them out yesterday, but not as thoroughly as I would like. They do seem to be working. I need to experiment more. But, of course, as the product is, the scripts are more difficult for me to get to.  So, I do hope an adjustment can be made.

txt
    txt
    Log File after Typing in dsa file.txt

By the way, just to check if I made any error, this is how I typed what I typed into the dsa file:

var sActionMenu = "Favorites/Pose Randomizer Pro";
      var sActionToolbar = "Pose Randomizer Pro";
      var output = [];
    print(filePath);
    print(iconPath);
    print(title);
    print(sActionMenu);
    return;
      var status = InputQuery(title, 'This script will install Pose Randomizer Pro as custom actions in the following menu/submenu:', sActionMenu, output, 'Enter Menu/Submenu');
      if (!status) return status;
      if (output[0].isEmpty())
      {
        MessageBox.critical(sEmptyCustomMenu, '%1 Error'.arg(title), sOK);
        return false;
      }

You wrote: 

If it doesn't crash, move the "return" after the InputQuery line.  What happens?

OK, so I'm going to try moving the "return" to this place:

var sActionMenu = "Favorites/Pose Randomizer Pro";
      var sActionToolbar = "Pose Randomizer Pro";
      var output = [];
    print(filePath);
    print(iconPath);
    print(title);
    print(sActionMenu);
      var status = InputQuery(title, 'This script will install Pose Randomizer Pro as custom actions in the following menu/submenu:', sActionMenu, output, 'Enter Menu/Submenu');
      if (!status) return status;
      if (output[0].isEmpty())
    return;
      {
        MessageBox.critical(sEmptyCustomMenu, '%1 Error'.arg(title), sOK);
        return false;

}

(I boldfaced the return I moved, just to show you. Not in the file. I'm going to restart DAZ Studio, try the file again, and see what happens, and get back to you.)

OK, after the above change, I got two dialog boxes. Then, nothing. No menu was created. I'm including a new log file.

1st.png
    472 x 126 - 21K
    2nd.png
    327 x 131 - 12K
    txt
    txt
    Log File Without Crash.txt
    680B