Carrara Animation "The Panic" - Trailer

An animation done for the 48 Hour Film contest Oct 2-4, 2020.  The six minute video will be posted after the contest screenings, here is a 48 second trailer.

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

That thumbnail is a little warped, here is the poster from BigHugeLabs free online generator.

The Panic Poster.jpg
    640 x 800 - 185K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

yes

+1 yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Wow

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    Bunyip02 said:

yes

+1 yes

+3  yesyesyes

Thanks, folks.  Just to mention it, some of the landscape stills were done in my old, trusty version of Vue Complete.   The scene file was by "Raffy Raffy" (Luigi Marini), previously sold at the now defunct Cornucopia3D, then at CGTrader, and now ... I dunno where - I messaged him to ask.  He has some models at Turbosquid, same very high detail and low price (~$12) but mostly in Blender format.  Blender can export OBJ which should import to VUE (and Carrara) fine.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

~ looking good   ~   _ which Vue number ??

ed3D said:

Thanks.  VUE Complete 2016.  It may be the last one I get, I'm not a fan of subscription software.  

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

perfect timing with the music :0 made me wanna dance :)

Headwax said:

perfect timing with the music :0 made me wanna dance :)

Thanks.  I've learned to put the music down first in the video editor, then make everything else match.

Steve K said:
    ed3D said:

Thanks.  VUE Complete 2016.  It may be the last one I get, I'm not a fan of subscription software.  

_ alright then _  Not for subscriptions ,  neither  ~  have Vue 8 Studio _ thanx

ed3D said:
    Steve K said:
    ed3D said:

_ alright then _  Not for subscriptions ,  neither  ~  have Vue 8 Studio _ thanx

I have since learned that Vue Complete 2016 does not support the 12 core 24 thread AMD CPU.  E-On Software's tech support tells me the current version (subscription) does, so I may pay more attention to thier furture sales.

~  only have 4 core 8 threads  ~

ed3D said:

~  only have 4 core 8 threads  ~

Right, same for my Core i7 machine, second newest after the new AMD machine.  Carrara does prety good with it, though, typical 1280x720 animation frames are around 5 seconds.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    edited October 2020

I was testing animated renders of the new Dartanbeck 5 with dynamic hair - mid shot (full torso and head) coming in at a whopping 10 seconds per frame on my Ryzen! :)   So happy!

EDIT: Rosie slows it down to 1;45ish to 5 minutes though, unless I back the camera off! LOL

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    Steve K said:

An animation done for the 48 Hour Film contest Oct 2-4, 2020.  The six minute video will be posted after the contest screenings, here is a 48 second trailer.

Very impressive. Looks intriguing and mysterious. Can't wait to see the full version.

Steve K said:

Very impressive. Looks intriguing and mysterious. Can't wait to see the full version.

Thanks.  I should get the full version on YouTube later this week, after the contest screenings.