DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    edited December 1969

I checked my firewall and made sure that it was allowing DS through, still nothing. This is pissing me off so damned bad that I am considering getting a refund on what I just bought since I apparently am not allowed to use it.

Every damned time I try to start DS I get the box asking if it is ok..... I need to fix that, and when i click yes, nothing happens, so i have to go into process lasso and forcibly terminate ds to kill it since it is not running properly. I wish I knew what the hell is causing this. I have it loaded on an external HD which should not matter because i used it on the external a couple months ago but now that i have loaded the new version it refused to frigging work.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    And still nothing happens when I try to start DS, I have to force terminate the program because it does nothing, even after tirning off then on the CMS and then turning on the DLM

If it's any help for Rob, this is beginning to sound like whatever's happening with my system that prevents me using CMS. If it is, then turning off CMS isn't enough, it must be uninstalled or not installed at all during the D|S update. If I leave it installed, D|S will not launch, in exactly the way Malandar describes. This has been happening with every D|S update at least since D|S4.5 and maybe a few versions back from that, it isn't new (to me) in the current version.

(I'm intrigued, I thought I was just about the only one with this particular mandelbug. I didn't put in a bug report because I never wanted to convert my content to the database system, so I've never needed a working CMS. I use old-school manual content management, I get along perfectly well without the new stuff. I also don't use the DIM, so I always use the executable D|S installer.)

edited May 2014

Not the same problem, I uninstalled CMS and it still will not start..................Screw it I am going to go play the most violent game I can find since this has me about ready to uninstall SD get a refund on everything I can and go back to frigging poser. I am THAT PISSED.

EDIT: I even uninstalled DS from the external and installed it on my main drive even though I have a space issue on it and it STILL does not work.

Post edited by Malandar on
    edited December 1969

Any help on this would be appreciated greatly. I still have not found the solution and I still cannot get DS to start.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I wished I could help you ... but I am in the middle of a project, which is why I didn't try to update DS.

Question: you didn't have a graphics card driver update (kicked in by the Windows Update) for example?

and another one, graphics card related:
    Does your system have two video chipsets - one Intel, one AMD? if it does it may be that you need to tell the OS to use the AMD chips instead of the Intel for DS 4.

edited December 1969

Nope I have windows update turned off because of problems it gives me like suddenly deciding to reboot my system when I am in the middle of a game. Also I only have the one chipset that I know of.

edited December 1969

Okay I went back and installed the last version of DS that i could use and it still doesn't work, I guess that means that there is something set wong with my system that is keeping it from working..... Damned if I know what t is though.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    Okay I went back and installed the last version of DS that i could use and it still doesn't work, I guess that means that there is something set wong with my system that is keeping it from working..... Damned if I know what t is though.

Could CMS be installed to more than one place?

Have you tried the Public Beta?

Do you have a support ticket on this open? (I can help the Tech Support staff with this if they get stuck and can't get you through it. :) )

It will let us ask more questions about your system and other things you might not wish to discuss here. ;)

edited December 1969

Malandar said:

Could CMS be installed to more than one place?

Have you tried the Public Beta?

Do you have a support ticket on this open? (I can help the Tech Support staff with this if they get stuck and can't get you through it. :) )

It will let us ask more questions about your system and other things you might not wish to discuss here. ;)

If CMS is in more than one place i don't know where it could be, It is deleted when you uninstall DS and I have looked everywhere it was before only the one instance of it now.

I can't find the download, supposed to be in my downloads, but nothing is listed as it says in the post about it as Daz Studio public build as it is mentioned specificly to look for, the only active beta i can find has only genesis downloads in it.

I just opened a ticket a few minutes ago.

I loaded the new version on another computer and it works fine on that one but I need it to work on THIS computer. It did before and I want it to again.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

I need help, please. I unfortunately just installed the latest version of Studio, not the beta, and when I run it all my categories are gone!!!?
    They were all there this morning before the install and now everything is gone. Nothing is backlit and worst of all. I tried to make more categories but only get an error and category cannot be made. So I can't use any of my old stuff before it's not showing and I can't redo the categories. Does anyone know what's going on? I'll write a ticket, but they take SOOooo long to reply. Sigh,,, Thank you.

Kalazar

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if your CMS (Content Management Service) is not running. CMS controls Categories, Products and the Search function in the Content Library among other things.

If these are categories that you have created yourself, did you save them? In the Content Library dropdown menu, there is an option called 'Content DB Maintenance', and near the bottom is 'Export User Data', which saves any categories that you have created, and they can be loaded again.

The first problem, I think, is CMS. You could have a look at the link below, it may help.

Troubelshooting the Smart Content pane.
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

If you are on Windows, check in the Task Manager to see if CMS is running, if not, you could try to restart it from Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Jimmyc_2009 said....It sounds as if your CMS (Content Management Service) is not running. CMS controls Categories, Products and the Search function in the Content Library among other things

Yes!!!! That was the problem. I restarted it and all is well! Thank you very, very much. I put alot of work into those categories... Now I have to read how to save them so that they can be reinstalled if problems arise. YEA, I'm so happy.:-)

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Kalazar said:
    Jimmyc_2009 said....It sounds as if your CMS (Content Management Service) is not running. CMS controls Categories, Products and the Search function in the Content Library among other things

Yes!!!! That was the problem. I restarted it and all is well! Thank you very, very much. I put alot of work into those categories... Now I have to read how to save them so that they can be reinstalled if problems arise. YEA, I'm so happy.:-)Export Userdata. (Right click on either the Content Library, or the Smart Content Tab, choose Content Database Maintenance, and check the export user data box.

Hopefully your database isn't corrupt, which is one of the major reasons CMS stops. Fortunately, once you convert over to PostgreSQL, available in the current public Beta and in the next release, that happens much less frequently.

• yandrisyandris Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Hello,

After installing the new CMS is it possible to uninstall the old valentina CMS ?
    How to do that? Only delete the databases in the directory ?
    Or can i uninstall the whole content management system of the last version?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

yandris said:
    Hello,

After installing the new CMS is it possible to uninstall the old valentina CMS ?
    How to do that? Only delete the databases in the directory ?
    Or can i uninstall the whole content management system of the last version?

You can uninstall the old Valentina CMS using the link in Start > Programs > DAZ 3D > DAZ Content Management Service, then delete the databases (once you've made sure your custom categories were transferred or you've exported them).

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I too am having problems with the latest update. Sometimes it will load but it takes forever to do so. Usually it just hangs after the title screen comes up.

It doesn't show up in Applications in the task manager but it does show up in processes and I can exit it from there to try again. Not sure why it's not loading consistently.

edited December 1969

Okay I timed it and watched it to see what's happening. It takes 14 minutes to boot Daz Studio. 12 of those minutes the program says "Connecting to CMS" and appears to be frozen. Then once that's completed it only takes 2 minutes for it to go through the rest of its stuff. If I touch anything on my computer while it's loading the whole thing comes crashing down sometimes.

14 minutes is a heck of a long time to boot a program especially since one part of the boot seems to be monopolized by a single task.

Is there a way I can roll back my install to the previous stable version until Daz fixes whatever this bug (and it must be a bug) is?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The latest stable version is 4.3.6.50 and there is a thread here on the forums about it too :
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41482/

You could try it. The first thing I would do, before installing the latest version (or any other version), is to uninstall CMS from the Start Menu > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and then install the latest version.

edited December 1969

What AV and Firewall do you use?

edited December 1969

The latest stable version is 4.3.6.50 and there is a thread here on the forums about it too :
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41482/

You could try it. The first thing I would do, before installing the latest version (or any other version), is to uninstall CMS from the Start Menu > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and then install the latest version.

That's the version I'm using.

What AV and Firewall do you use?

Zone Alarm and AVG Free.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited December 1969

ZoneAlarm does not play nicely with PostgreSQL, I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

Uninstalled the PostGru and everything works fine now. Woohoo!!!

• edited May 2014

EDIT: It turns out that you have to go into the settings for the install manager again and change it to download everything to another drive, even if you specify another location during installation. So far, this has resulted in ~400mb on my C: SSD, with everything else downloading to a larger E: HDD (Hopefully). Will edit post again with results.

---------------------------------------------------------------

gfriffe said:
    My update failed with an error, DAZ3dimhelper.exe - entry point not found. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:roll:

Same issue here. Fresh Windows 7 64-bit install. C drive is SSD, and I do NOT want to install to it. I have two data drives, and want to install it to the second one (E:). I keep getting this error.

When I tried installing the program to C: and telling the install manager to download to E:, it still installed to C:. This isn't really acceptable in my current situation.

Post edited by Starnesaw_11bdfe7e44 on
    edited December 1969

Starnesaw said:
    EDIT: It turns out that you have to go into the settings for the install manager again and change it to download everything to another drive, even if you specify another location during installation. So far, this has resulted in ~400mb on my C: SSD, with everything else downloading to a larger E: HDD (Hopefully). Will edit post again with results.

---------------------------------------------------------------

gfriffe said:
    My update failed with an error, DAZ3dimhelper.exe - entry point not found. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:roll:

Same issue here. Fresh Windows 7 64-bit install. C drive is SSD, and I do NOT want to install to it. I have two data drives, and want to install it to the second one (E:). I keep getting this error.

When I tried installing the program to C: and telling the install manager to download to E:, it still installed to C:. This isn't really acceptable in my current situation.

You need to set 3 things to point to your data drive:
    1) in Settings > Downloads, change the downloads directory
    2) in Settings > Installation, change the location for installing 332-bit and 64-bit software
    3) in Settings > Installation,, change the install location for content

These are 3 independent settings. If you don't change all 3, DIM will dutifully obey your instructions and not change the others.

• edited June 2014

JUST ONE PROBLEM: "no cool black GUI interface that looks professionally layed out just the Grey Gui interface.

SO i downloaded Daz studio 4.6 pro and install with manager goes to my DAZ folder and opens the ONLY DAZ studio "Pro" app on my computer and opens with 4.5 pro and is the normal Grey skin software and not the black pro software as advertised :D

If you can actually get this Black-skin "Pro version that would be awesome! looks like a heaps better interface then the Grey un-pro looking skin/GUI you actually get when you download the software. if you have to pay to get it I would.

First image is the black GUI "pro looking version"

Second i9s what actually loads on my computer after installing in Daz manager

third My DAZ 3D software folder on my computer

daz_folder.png
    821 x 443 - 107K
    real_deal.png
    1280 x 909 - 198K
    daz_add.png
    1270 x 799 - 762K
    Post edited by thesleepinglog_1f15eeaf49 on
    edited December 1969

It looks like you need to put in your Serial number.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Window / Style / Select Style / Darkside

• edited December 1969

Going to try downloading and installing again ... funy it didn't ask me for a serial number when i used DAZ manager to install and download DAZ studio pro.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Didn't that come as a separate install? I'm sure it was darkside that was separate for some reason. Sorry if that sounds stupid, but it seems like forever since I messed with that. all I can say is that's the skin I'm using.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    Kerya said:

Didn't that come as a separate install? I'm sure it was darkside that was separate for some reason. Sorry if that sounds stupid, but it seems like forever since I messed with that. all I can say is that's the skin I'm using. It was but now it comes with DS