Eagle and Eagle@ and Eagle remix questions

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Could anybody tell me if the textures for the Eagle also apply to Eagle 2? Also, the Eagle re-mix, does that also apply to Eagle 2? How about the Eagle 2 expansion? None of the descriptions say.

Using DS3, if it makes a difference.

Comments

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited July 2012

As far as I can remember,,,,

Eagle 1 and 2 are 2 different models, so the answer there is no.

Post edited by Salvatore on
  • Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited July 2012

Could anybody tell me if the textures for the Eagle also apply to Eagle 2? Also, the Eagle re-mix, does that also apply to Eagle 2? How about the Eagle 2 expansion? None of the descriptions say.

Eagle, Eagle ReMix, Eagle2 and Eagle 2 Expansion look similar but use different UVs so trading maps won't work . One of the major differences with the DAZ Eagle and Eagle2 is that their wings feathers were mapped for one sided polygons-- so the underwings looked exactly the same as the tops. BL Render in her ReMix for Eagle1 and Expansion set for Eagle2 rebuilt the wings to change that so that the wing markings would be correct. She as added in a large number of morphs to create different raptor species. We as a team way back in 2003 did the same with Songbird ReMix. I took over that series in 2004.

For her Eagle sets you'll need:

DAZ Eagle to use Eagle ReMix
    or DAZ Eagle2 to use Eagle Expansion

It's probably a year away, that I'll be adding a complete raptor series (5 volumes) to my line-up. BL Render "might" join in with me on that project. Look for the start of that appearing around next years' Audubon sale.

Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Eagle, Eagle ReMix, Eagle2 and Eagle 2 Expansion look similar but use different UVs so trading maps won't work . One of the major differences with the DAZ Eagle and Eagle2 is that their wings feathers were mapped for one sided polygons-- so the underwings looked exactly the same as the tops. BL Render in her ReMix for Eagle1 and Expansion set for Eagle2 rebuilt the wings to change that so that the wing markings would be correct. She as added in a large number of morphs to create different raptor species. We as a team way back in 2003 did the same with Songbird ReMix. I took over that series in 2004.

For her Eagle sets you'll need:

DAZ Eagle to use Eagle ReMix
    or DAZ Eagle2 to use Eagle Expansion

It's probably a year away, that I'll be adding a complete raptor series (5 volumes) to my line-up. BL Render "might" join in with me on that project. Look for the start of that appearing around next years' Audubon sale.

Thanks, Guys :D

So which is the best, most book cover-ready looking black eagle?

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited July 2012

Eagle 2 has some improvements over Eagle 1, but I don't have the Eagle2 expansion set, so I can't vouch for that and there's no additional preview pages in the new DAZ store. I do have the Eagle 1 ReMix and that has several "blackish" raptors in it. The textures are circa 2004 so don't expect much from them but with a black bird-- texture quality probably isn't going to matter much.

Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
    edited December 1969

Eagle 2 has some improvements over Eagle 1, but I don't have the Eagle2 expansion set, so I can't vouch for that and there's no additional preview pages in the new DAZ store. I do have the Eagle 1 ReMix and that has several "blackish" raptors in it. The textures are circa 2004 so don't expect much from them but with a black bird-- texture quality probably isn't going to matter much.

Hmmm ... Well, the MC of the book turns into a Black Eagle due to a curse. And in this illo, it's a close-up of the eagle, so I want it to look pretty good. So I guess the E2 exp is going to have to be it. I just wish there were some visuals to help me decide, especially since it's twice as much as the other.

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

Is this still an issue? Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I have the eagle, the eagle 2, and the expansion, and crikey knows what else to hand right now.

BlackEagle.jpg
    791 x 642 - 26K
    edited December 1969

Ah, apparently I have the Eagle, Eagle Map, Eagle2 and Eagle 2 Expansion but not the Eagle ReMix. These renders are in Poser Pro 2012 with mesh smoothing turned on (so you might need to use subdivision in DS3) and are of the Eagle 2 Expansion "Black Eagle" in completely default lighting.

Cheers,

Cliff

BlackEagle2.jpg
    791 x 642 - 29K
    edited December 1969

And a black hawk from x2 expansion. Can you tell I'm easily bored? Just waiting for a specific email to arrive...

BlackHawk.jpg
    791 x 642 - 23K
    edited December 1969

Lighting etc. can make a huge difference - this is just another preset light applied and nearly all the detail is invisible :(

BlackHawk2.jpg
    791 x 642 - 13K
    edited December 1969

Lighting etc. can make a huge difference - this is just another preset light applied and nearly all the detail is invisible :(

Lol ... glad you shared your boredom with us ... lol.

In answer to your question, no, it is no longer an issue. The file was missing a few crucial elements. Something forgotten when older files were converted for the new site. Daz CS helped me out. Here is the result :D To see a larger version: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2351426&user_id=665887&np;&np;

Melia_eagle_2_c_at_777.jpg
    518 x 777 - 56K
    edited December 1969

Ah well, that's me to a T - always late to the party :( glad you got it sorted though!

Cheers,

Cliff