Update to TangoAlpha's Hemlock Folly? Legit? appears in DIM

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
edited September 2020 in Carrara Discussion

Greetings all.  I own the set Hemlock Folly by TangoAlpha (TimA).  Installed the Carrara version through DIM long ago.  DIM is showing an update.  Anyone else showing this update?  I've had some strange doubles appear in DIM and don't want to mess with a Carrara item if it is a phantom update.

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

And I keep getting download failed.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

yep.. I have an update showing as well... along with other stuff that I don't remember getting or heard of... been getting some strange stuff appear lately with no idea why!

I haven't tried download yet though... indecision

confirmed.... Download FAILED!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

No update for me...

• yeah failscrying

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

That's just weird, I hope Tim asks them what is going on!  I like and use his vegetation a lot, so I don't want to mess with an update if it changes the leaves or tree/branch structures. 

frown Silene

• SileneUK said:

That's just weird, I hope Tim asks them what is going on!  I like and use his vegetation a lot, so I don't want to mess with an update if it changes the leaves or tree/branch structures. 

frown Silene

it fails to download so not rewriting anything

• Reporting.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

No idea what the update is for (it's a Daz O now - they don't tell me), but it kinda looks like they updated the file but didn't update the checksum. So the download fails.

Anyhow, as Cris said, it's been reported, so hopefully they'll sort it soon. I might suggest you make a backup of the current product zip, in case you want to roll it back later.

Thanks for reporting, Chris.  Thanks for checking in, Tim.  Thanks for confrming Steeza, Bunyip, and Wendy.  Thanks for standing ready, Silene.

As of time of this post, still getting download failed.

Similar to Stezza, I am getting seemingly random items to update or that won't recognize being installed.  

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Tim, What's a checksum?  enlightened Silene

I used to get in big trouble off my teacher in six class after she checked my sums and marked them wrong! devil

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

I wonder if they did something for filtering in the new system (haven't tried it yet) and it updated the package in some way? Hmmm.

Yeah, I've got stuff in mine that I already have installed - and that wasn't long ago since I've built this new machine. Not just update, but as if they're something I just bought.

Kinda nice, though. It reminds me to play with Hemlock Folly again! :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    SileneUK said:

It's a number that is calculated from the contets of a file - using an algorithm - which means that if two checksums are the same then the files are the same: it's an easy way to check the validity of a file; if the checksum on a file matches what is expected then the file is not corrupt.

• Checksums sounds like a great name for a kitty heart

SimonJM said:
    SileneUK said:

It's a number that is calculated from the contets of a file - using an algorithm - which means that if two checksums are the same then the files are the same: it's an easy way to check the validity of a file; if the checksum on a file matches what is expected then the file is not corrupt.

Nice!

Checksums sounds like a great name for a kitty heart

laugh Agreed! 

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited September 2020

I had over 500 files show up. (The hemlock folly was in there and wouldn't download.) Most the files were Poser Legacy files.

Post edited by MarcCCTx on

I just marked the file Hidden... so, I don't have to see it there. Will wait till someone mentions it's fixed now.

MarcCCTx said:

I had over 500 files show up. (The hemlock folly was in there and wouldn't download.) Most the files were Poser Legacy files.

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing - stuff that DIM should know that I have, except that they changed the name putting "Legacy" on the end. Some of it I just recently bought and already downloaded/installed, but most of it is from a  l o n g  time ago. I know I have it all installed though. I double checked.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

it finally downloaded and installed

so did the other odd ones

Hemlock Folly downloaded and installed correctly.  Yay!

But I have a few other store items that are not downloading or installing correctly through DIM.  They are not Carrara so I will post in The Commons. 

One example is Alpha City by the great Petipet.  https://www.daz3d.com/alpha-city

I just checked DiM

5GB of legacy stuff whatever that is!

frown

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Stezza said:

I just checked DiM

5GB of legacy stuff whatever that is!

frown

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/444897/lots-of-ps-and-legacy-showing-up-in-dim

I just clicked download & install and let it do it's thing!

no idea what's going on but 6 of them didn't install.. thanks for the link cool

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2020

soggy bottom makes me giggle lol, sounds like a nappie problem laugh

apple orchard is an all time favorite.  so much attention to detail. very versatile

Post edited by Mistara on

I love how versatile TA's sets are.  Come with several camera setups.  I think we might be on hold for additional stand alone sets while he and Howie fill out various Ultrascenery presets.  But maybe not.