Transfer Generation 4 clothes morphs to DAZ OBJs

Hi all,

How do you transfer a Generation 4/V4 clothing morph to a DAZ G3F clothing morph?

I'm trying to do a proof of concept, taking a V4 skirt, shaping it to fit a G3F figure but then taking the 'Expand all' and 'Skirt Length' morphs from the V4 skirt and transfer them to the G3F skirt. The assumption is that I don't change the amount of geometry in the G3F skirt so the morphs would still be valid. I looked for any OBJ files for the V4 skirt that are separate expand and lengthen morphs but didn't find any but the OBJ for the item itself.

Or would I have to dial in the morph on the V4 Skirt, fit it around a G3F and save it out as an OBJ to use on the G3F skirt? Autofit seems to do the job but what is happening in the background when autifut does its thing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Sounds like you need a V4 autofit clone for your Genesis 3. Wear Them All in the Daz store here will do that for you. https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,025
    I looked for any OBJ files for the V4 skirt that are separate expand and lengthen morphs but didn't find any but the OBJ for the item itself.

You won't find any, that's not how morphs are provided in a product: you have the base obj, and "delta" files for each morph which tell you how the mesh is modified by the morph.

You can create an obj for the morphed skirt by dialing the morph then exporting the morphed clothed as obj, but as you modified the base obj to fit G3F importing the morphed V4 obj on the G3F one with Morph Loader probably wouldn't give you the result you're after.

• Leana said:
    I looked for any OBJ files for the V4 skirt that are separate expand and lengthen morphs but didn't find any but the OBJ for the item itself.

You won't find any, that's not how morphs are provided in a product: you have the base obj, and "delta" files for each morph which tell you how the mesh is modified by the morph.

You can create an obj for the morphed skirt by dialing the morph then exporting the morphed clothed as obj, but as you modified the base obj to fit G3F importing the morphed V4 obj on the G3F one with Morph Loader probably wouldn't give you the result you're after.

Ah ok! so the deltas are captured already in a file and the deltas are not calculated by finding the diff between two existing OBJs. got it thank you

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,025

Ah ok! so the deltas are captured already in a file and the deltas are not calculated by finding the diff between two existing OBJs.

Well they are calculated from the differences between the base and morphed mesh when the morph is created initially.

But the product will not contain the two meshes, only the base one and the saved deltas.