DAZ Studio Pro BETA - version 4.6.3.29!

123457»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well piddle, I sat down and decided to start using the beta for more than just redoing some of my older scene files and testing the new content I bought and the new GET. So to be clear all I have done until now was play in the Beta to test the features I use most of the time. Today I sat down to start pushing it hard to see what it can do and if it does better or about the same or possibly just fails. Well so far no fails I'm happy to report, but I just now noticed what others have before me. The Uber errors and AoA Advanced lights errors. Please tell me it is not one Version of DAZ Studio or the other for those. And if they can work in Both versions how do I do that?

If not could I please get the Info on moving everything that will need moved to the Beta. I find it stable and if I need to pick one version to work in at this time I prefer the Beta. I could go back and read all the posts again to get the info but if anyone can supply it now in one post I would really appreciate it. Remember full use of Both if possible, if not Just the Beta and fix anything others have found that needs moved/setup in the Beta.

Thank you much before hand.

You may need to uninstall and reinstall those plugins if you installed them before you had a Beta on that machine.I did, I do not run Beta's but I needed the TDLmake fix in this one. The Full version on my PC has a bad TDLmake issue. Thank you for the info. Any other files besides those I need to do?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    Well piddle, I sat down and decided to start using the beta for more than just redoing some of my older scene files and testing the new content I bought and the new GET. So to be clear all I have done until now was play in the Beta to test the features I use most of the time. Today I sat down to start pushing it hard to see what it can do and if it does better or about the same or possibly just fails. Well so far no fails I'm happy to report, but I just now noticed what others have before me. The Uber errors and AoA Advanced lights errors. Please tell me it is not one Version of DAZ Studio or the other for those. And if they can work in Both versions how do I do that?

If not could I please get the Info on moving everything that will need moved to the Beta. I find it stable and if I need to pick one version to work in at this time I prefer the Beta. I could go back and read all the posts again to get the info but if anyone can supply it now in one post I would really appreciate it. Remember full use of Both if possible, if not Just the Beta and fix anything others have found that needs moved/setup in the Beta.

Thank you much before hand.

You may need to uninstall and reinstall those plugins if you installed them before you had a Beta on that machine.

I did, I do not run Beta's but I needed the TDLmake fix in this one. The Full version on my PC has a bad TDLmake issue. Thank you for the info. Any other files besides those I need to do?

Any plugins that don't have a separate package for the Beta.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any plugins that don't have a separate package for the Beta.
    Okay got it, Thank you again.
  • lcattus_9716520438lcattus_9716520438 Posts: 31
    edited May 2014

I have a problem accessing content I previously created in DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.2.120 64 in Pro Beta 4.6.3.29 64.
    I exported user data from 4.6.2.120 and then imported user metadata into 4.6.3.29. I noticed that the re-import metadata progress bar stayed on 0% the whole time but after several minutes the import completed and I was able to see my content library categories and their off-the-shelf contents. But the stuff I created just shows exclamation marks.

When I try to load one of these objects I get a resource error (see attached image)

The path is correct except for the <base_folder>/ element. Any ideas about fixing this?

Thanks - lucia

PS Using WIN7 64

error.jpg
    526 x 132 - 17K
    link.jpg
    363 x 270 - 13K
    Post edited by lcattus_9716520438 on
  • HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

%-P Hi
    how can I test it?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

luciacat said:
    I have a problem accessing content I previously created in DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.2.120 64 in Pro Beta 4.6.3.29 64.
    I exported user data from 4.6.2.120 and then imported user metadata into 4.6.3.29. I noticed that the re-import metadata progress bar stayed on 0% the whole time but after several minutes the import completed and I was able to see my content library categories and their off-the-shelf contents. But the stuff I created just shows exclamation marks.

When I try to load one of these objects I get a resource error (see attached image)

The path is correct except for the <base_folder>/ element. Any ideas about fixing this?

Thanks - lucia

PS Using WIN7 64

Did you add your Content folders in Content Directory Manager? The Beta does not share settings with the general release.

• lcattus_9716520438lcattus_9716520438 Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

Hi fixmypcmike, thanks for the fast reply!

Did you add your Content folders in Content Directory Manager? The Beta does not share settings with the general release.

I added the top level directories where I keep my content to the Content Directory Manager. In this case my SALES SCENE.duf file is in a sub-directory of a sub-drectory under Q:/DAZ/01 DAZ3.

Do I need the full paths to all the content directories?

Lucia

map.jpg
    472 x 464 - 58K
  • RainbowArtistRainbowArtist Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

While I normally DON'T try beta software (Beta testing is not my job!) I decided to try this DS beta, as I was fed up with the content DB getting corrupted right after I repaired it over and over, and have no idea how long before the next standard release comes out. After installing the beta & checking that both version can run simultaneously (to compare changes), the new db seems to have converted content from the old DB ok and seems stable so far. Altho someone said we need to uninstall & re-install plugins and shaders, DIM seems to have installed them in the beta, altho I did copy the GenX2 & Luxus plugins to the beta plugin directory as suggested previously. And I got my custom style preferences & custom scripts transfered by copying over the action, layout, etc, dsx files. So I am happy to have the beta up to speed with my custom preferences so I can get back to creating instead of troubleshooting. :coolsmile:

Now, Is there anything most users need to do regarding the new PG DB administratively with the PGadmin tools, or can we just let it do its job in the background without interrupting the creative flow, as it should, IMO.

Also, where can we find some docs/tutorials on using the new Geometry Editor and other new features?

And again, Thanks to DAZ for this wonderful software. :-)

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

While I normally DON'T try beta software (Beta testing is not my job!) I decided to try this DS beta, as I was fed up with the content DB getting corrupted right after I repaired it over and over, and have no idea how long before the next standard release comes out. After installing the beta & checking that both version can run simultaneously (to compare changes), the new db seems to have converted content from the old DB ok and seems stable so far. Altho someone said we need to uninstall & re-install plugins and shaders, DIM seems to have installed them in the beta, altho I did copy the GenX2 & Luxus plugins to the beta plugin directory as suggested previously. And I got my custom style preferences & custom scripts transfered by copying over the action, layout, etc, dsx files. So I am happy to have the beta up to speed with my custom preferences so I can get back to creating instead of troubleshooting. :coolsmile:

Now, Is there anything most users need to do regarding the new PG DB administratively with the PGadmin tools, or can we just let it do its job in the background without interrupting the creative flow, as it should, IMO.

Also, where can we find some docs/tutorials on using the new Geometry Editor and other new features?

And again, Thanks to DAZ for this wonderful software. :-)

The intention of the CMS is to have you do as little as possible and just let it do its job. You should not need to do anything with it with any PG admin tools and any maintenance you may need to do, like add your own categories, or make Smart content work more is a way that works for your workflow, can all be handled from within DAZ Studio.
  • LuthbelLuthbel Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Hi folks!

Anyone knows where is the button/menu line to save as a figure (not wardrobe). I´ve been searching every single panel and bar and I haven´t found it.

Cheers!
    Dan

• LuthbelLuthbel Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

No problem, I found my issue: I had "city limits" layout, changed to another one, and all the export options appeared in its place :)