How do I create an animation preset?

3dsamm3dsamm Posts: 63
edited May 2012 in New Users

Hi guys,

I am trying to copy an animation to use on other genesis.
I am having difficulty using puppeteer and animate2 (bug perhaps) but it sort of works in that scene.
I would like to save it as a preset though and this doesnt work.

Also if I can save the genesis, skin, clothes, pose and animation that would be great as a separate thing.

Any help would be great thanks a lot!

:)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

If you are having problems, the Poser Format Exporter might work for you - it creates a standard Pose file.
    The Poser Format Exporter can be downloaded here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poser-format-exporter-pfe/

Mattymanx's tutorial on how to use it is here:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=72513

Otherwise, perhaps more information of what you are doing that is not working? You should be able to save an aniBlock using aniMate2.

edited December 1969

To save the genesis, skin, clothes, pose and animation as a separate thing, just set it up in a DAZ scene, then save the DAZ Scene.

This character can then be merged with any other DAZ scene, by File Menu > Merge.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

What the OP is asking is how to say a ANIMATE file so they can use it on all the animations of other characters. They wish to know how to create a AniMate file so it can be loaded over and over whenever they wish to use it.

That is what you wish to know isn't it?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

If so, that's a right click on the grey area at the top of the aniMate2 tab , and choose Create aniBlock from Studio Keys, and then right click the aniBlock to save out to disk.

(How did you get to 103 already, Jeff - have you been cheating?)

edited December 1969

carnite said:
    If so, that's a right click on the grey area at the top of the aniMate2 tab , and choose Create aniBlock from Studio Keys, and then right click the aniBlock to save out to disk.

(How did you get to 103 already, Jeff - have you been cheating?)

I got my Stupid thread going so I have a home, and the Art Forum needs lots of love so I love it. Plus I'm here and there and everywhere.:coolsmile:
  • 3dsamm3dsamm Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    What the OP is asking is how to say a ANIMATE file so they can use it on all the animations of other characters. They wish to know how to create a AniMate file so it can be loaded over and over whenever they wish to use it.

That is what you wish to know isn't it?

hehe yes thats right

If so, that’s a right click on the grey area at the top of the aniMate2 tab , and choose Create aniBlock from Studio Keys, and then right click the aniBlock to save out to disk.

i just tried exactly this and it didnt work.. loaded in the 'test' aniblock to a new genesis and he doesnt move at all.

the other thing worth pointing out is that when i move the aniblock created from studio keys along the timeline so genesis1 animates a bit later, he animates from 0 and then again where I have moved the aniblock to..

edited December 1969

carnite said:
    To save the genesis, skin, clothes, pose and animation as a separate thing, just set it up in a DAZ scene, then save the DAZ Scene.

This character can then be merged with any other DAZ scene, by File Menu > Merge.

perhaps I could just do this for each of the 5 characters, and merge it in 5 times and move them into their place at the table they are sitting around.. bit annoying though as I have already positioned them..

edited December 1969

carnite said:
    If you are having problems, the Poser Format Exporter might work for you - it creates a standard Pose file.

Otherwise, perhaps more information of what you are doing that is not working? You should be able to save an aniBlock using aniMate2.

Before, I created a new aniblock in animate2 and double clicked it to show keyframes, then pressed record in puppeteer to move genesis1 arm, then copied and pasted that aniblock to genesis2 and moved the aniblock down the time line and it works great (within that scene).

When I tried to repeat this in my scene with 5 genesis sitting around a table the genesis1 rotated out of his seat and bent his back, then when i tried this on genesis2 he also did the same and genesis1 rotated further.

Im wondering if its a bug or if my computer is low?

edited December 1969

You might get better help if you asked your question/s in the Animation Forum. I know this is the new users forum but most of us only know rendering. The people in the animation forum know way more than us render people do about your type of work.

edited December 1969

3dsamm said:
    carnite said:

Before, I created a new aniblock in animate2 and double clicked it to show keyframes, then pressed record in puppeteer to move genesis1 arm, then copied and pasted that aniblock to genesis2 and moved the aniblock down the time line and it works great (within that scene).

When I tried to repeat this in my scene with 5 genesis sitting around a table the genesis1 rotated out of his seat and bent his back, then when i tried this on genesis2 he also did the same and genesis1 rotated further.

Im wondering if its a bug or if my computer is low?

Ive just ran another test using the two preset poses I created, seems I exported them strange as a test genesis just standing up does the back bend thing too. I dont know why as I only exported the pose from the right shoulder down and unticked everything else.. has anyone else had this problem?

edited December 1969

Wow this is annoying! I have again started from scratch. Created two pose presets. Add an empty aniblock... THEN when I start recording the animation in puppeteer the genesis arches his back!!!!

Is it because I am saving the pose preset with just the upper body ticked? Im doing this as I dont want his current position saved.

:-/

edited December 1969

It could be as simple as one of the poses you are using has a hip displacement in it. For what you are trying to do I would start with one pose then save to Puppeteer. Move just the parts you need to move, using the IK sphere for each part. Then save that pose to the Puppeteer. Then record the animation just to the timeline. Save the scene. Close DS and clear memory, RE-Start DS load the saved scene, test the timeline to see if it recorded properly. If it did open Animate2 tab Use Convert Timeline to AniBlock. Save aniblock. Save scene again. Shut down DS, Restart DS and load New AniBlock, Open AniBlock check for Keys in AniBlock. You will soon find the one thing that you need to edit. It could be a Key in the AniBlock, it could be a simple thing to edit if you take it one step at a time. Then go back and Check every option in the AniBlock for Keys that you can delete.

edited December 1969

I've posted in his other thread. I'd post a link if I could find it.

edited December 1969

carnite said:
    I've posted in his other thread. I'd post a link if I could find it.

I saw another thread asking the same thing, it was a different user. I hope they get the help they need.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,665
    edited December 1969

Locked. Please don't start multiple threads on the same issue, if you want a thread moved you can report it to the mods and we will do so.

This discussion has been closed.