DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

It may have to do whit the installation of the Genesis Essentials, after I re installed it and installed the actual everything was fine again , it was in the last build .
    I installed new build on a new computer so everything is fresh and it does works fine no crash or anything , the only issue I have is with replacing the Deltas , create unique morphs works fine, so I linked the unique morphs to replace the Deltas as I don't want to waste another day

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

First, congratulations on the smart move with making a few freebies back. This certainly encourages new users and binds the current customers to the shop. It is like back in 2012 :coolgrin:!

Am I missing a tutorial here?

I have Barefoot Dancer, but no Dagger Dancer, is Barefoot Dancer the one you mean?

Dagger Dance should be available in DIM, or in your Product Library if you don't use DIM. It's a separate download.

For me, it isn't. Just like for Jimmy...

Dagger Dance should be available in DIM, or in your Product Library if you don't use DIM. It's a separate download.

I use DIM, and it is not available there.

In my Product Library, there is only the Mac version of the Interactive Lessons available, but it doesn't say which ones they are

The should be back up. There was some confusion as to whether or not they were supposed to be live, but they are.

The bundles include an Interactive Lesson, presets, and all the content needed to complete the lesson.

Obviously these lessons are geared towards new users. Rather than clutter the new release page with stuff that has essentially already been released we decided to sort of make these a silent release and then drive traffic with an email campaign to new users.

The bundles are there for everyone, though, so if you'd like to check them out feel free. I think the most expensive one is $5.00, so even if you own most of the content in the bundle, it may still be worth it to get it.

Please, can you list EVERY interactive lesson you released? Regarding the new bundles, I'm aware of:
    - Day At The Beach (grabbed)
    - SF Warrior (grabbed)
    - Inside The Asylum (grabbed)
    - Slaying The Dragon (I'll pass unless it is free - I make poses myself and apart from them, I've already got Basic Hair and Dragon Tower)

There certainly are two more of what could be considered such tutorial: Fiery Genesis (since DS4.5) and Barefoot Dancer (Gen2F Essentials Bundle). I see no Dagger Dance(r) though. Is that supposed to go with Gen2M? Slaying The Dragon states it is the sixth installment. How do you count that? I'd love to see all the lessons, cannot you list them in one place please?

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited May 2014

cecilia.robinson:

Where do you see evidence of bringing back freebies for everyone?

I see only the same scheme they went to with the freebies with the site reboot; Freebies only to those who are PC members, or buy something and get a freebie. Still feels like 2014 to me...

Regarding Dagger Dance supposedly being available to us, I don't have that in my Product Library as well (nothing new from DAZ has been added since my last purchase).

Where did you see this item freebie, or suggested bundles? My search only yielded two results: Predatron's Goblin ($24.95), and Goblin and Hair Bundle ($39.95).

DAZ_employees:

Can you please list what/where available cecilia is referring to?

Also, I did not download all the extras for this official release per the release post stating that nothing has changed since prior release, which I have all the downloads for.

Have you added content since previous builds, and misinformed us of the need to download the new content?

And, I second cecilia's request. Please list all that is currently available for this current release of Studio.

*EDIT: Grabbed the free bundles in the post above, so I now see what freebies you were reffering to, cecilia. DAZ gives no indication of it being free until you actually open up the product page (way to hide things, DAZ).

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I think the Dagger Dreams tutorial is part of the G2Female essentials bundle. It used the original Dancer tutorial but adds a dagger and new pose to it.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

I don't think it is, wilmap. Unless, DAZ included the blade set by Valandar (or one blade). Is the G2 Essentials calling it "Dagger Dance", or the Valandar product name "Dagger Dreams"?

Anyways, I found the Dagger Dreams product included in the Slaying The Dragon Bundle (Currently $3.00 - Not a freebie). This is probably why a few of us do not have it in our Product Library (we haven't purchased the bundle).

I plan on purchasing, but unless I can shove cash into my laptop, I will have to wait three weeks until my digital purchaser returns from a trip to purchase. Here's to hoping it will still be on sale then...

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    cecilia.robinson:

Where do you see evidence of bringing back freebies for everyone?

I see only the same scheme they went to with the freebies with the site reboot; Freebies only to those who are PC members, or buy something and get a freebie. Still feels like 2014 to me...

Regarding Dagger Dance supposedly being available to us, I don't have that in my Product Library as well (nothing new from DAZ has been added since my last purchase).

Where did you see this item freebie, or suggested bundles? My search only yielded two results: Predatron's Goblin ($24.95), and Goblin and Hair Bundle ($39.95).

DAZ_employees:

Can you please list what/where available cecilia is referring to?

Also, I did not download all the extras for this official release per the release post stating that nothing has changed since prior release, which I have all the downloads for.

Have you added content since previous builds, and misinformed us of the need to download the new content?

And, I second cecilia's request. Please list all that is currently available for this current release of Studio.

*EDIT: Grabbed the free bundles in the post above, so I now see what freebies you were reffering to, cecilia. DAZ gives no indication of it being free until you actually open up the product page (way to hide things, DAZ).

I was going to send you the links, but then I scrolled down your post and saw you figured it out. There is no simple way to find real deals, that's why I always sort by price when visiting the shop and I check every department separately. Team Dystopia - the real freebies you don't have to buy anything to get - can be found under Environments & Props if I'm right, but they're not featured in Free Items. The same with marvellous Dreamlight tutorials.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I believe if you go through the Barefoot Dancer tutorial in DS4, at the end it gives you a code to get the daggers for free.

edited December 1969

I believe if you go through the Barefoot Dancer tutorial in DS4, at the end it gives you a code to get the daggers for free.

Are you sure about it? Do I have to finish the whole tutorial, perhaps even render it to get a code?

Damn, I thought this one was over for me...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

At the very beginning of the tutorial it says

At the end of this lesson you will be presented with instructions on how to obtain the Dagger Dreams product, a set of finely crafted daggers, for FREE!

It only takes a few minutes to do, and yes, you do have to render it ;)
    edited December 1969

At the very beginning of the tutorial it says

At the end of this lesson you will be presented with instructions on how to obtain the Dagger Dreams product, a set of finely crafted daggers, for FREE!

It only takes a few minutes to do, and yes, you do have to render it ;)

Oh my... :)

I will have to go through it then. A freebie's a freebie after all.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...OK may have finally found a bug (well, besides the CMS continuing to "poop out" intermittently), not anything crashwrothy but unusual nonetheless.

Was getting ready to build a scene setup for a character which I saved as a Scene Subset earlier. I had clicked "New" to clear the viewport then loaded the basic set I planned to use. Afterwards, while arranging an environmental prop, I noticed the character's name was on the "Fit to" selection bar in the parameters tab. The odd thing is I hadn't even merged the character into the scene yet.

I saved what I had loaded, shut the application down and reopened it and everything was back to normal again.

Now while it didn't have any effect on the set or props, I am concerned that this could be a similar issue to what used to occur when items were deleted but the shaders didn't clear from the memory buffer (which prompted creation of the Clear Undo Stack script). This could be why autofit sometimes doesn't trigger properly when clothing content is loaded as well as may also interfere with the fitting process when working on setting up separate individual characters in the same session.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

KK have you not Noticed that DS4.5+ now comes with this? I added it to my Scripts Menu for easy use.

Capture-001.png
    310 x 365 - 40K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...thanks.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I hadn't noticed this script. Probably because I don't look at or use scripts. Guess I better do some more studying. Thanks for pointing this out, Jaderail. It should take care of some of my problems too.:red:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

It's easy to add scripts and even load files to the Scripts menu. See below..

ScriptsMenu.jpg
    449 x 166 - 27K
    CreateCustomAction.jpg
    199 x 295 - 18K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

How do you use the "Purge Memory.dsa" script? I tried running it while watching the Windows Task Manager after having done a few random things, but all it does is make a very minor increase in memory usage.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I only Run it between New Scenes but if you watch your Surfaces it does the same as Clear undo Stack. Will purge all files not in use. It just replaced Clear Undo IMHO.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    edited May 2014

OK I just installed the new version and when I try to open it, nothing happens, DazStudio is open in my processes but it doesn't actually open so I can do anything.

Any ideas? I have a lot of content that I haven't done anything with yet that I have ideas for .....

EDIT: This is getting extremely frustrating, I have uninstalled reinstalled, rebooted and had to kill the process several times because it does nothing.....

EDIT II: Uninstalling AGAIN, to try a manual install instead of using the download manager......

Post edited by Malandar on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

is there anything in your log file? In Windows that's C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build\log.txt

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

is there anything in your log file? In Windows that's C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build\log.txt

If this is the general release rather than the beta, the log will be C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt

edited May 2014

There is no solder for Daz Studio..... sorry spoke too soon, sec.

edited December 1969

Okay there is a log file, what do I do with it?

edited December 1969

Post the last section - a couple of dozen lines should do - here. As Mike says, I have the wrong version since this isn't the beta thread.

edited December 1969

3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/PolygonGroupEditor/PolygonGroupEditor.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/TextureAtlas/TextureAtlas.dsx
    +++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.6.2.120 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 64
    Qt Version: 4.8.4
    Running on Windows 7, Build 7601, Service Pack 1
    CPU Information:
    CPU String: AuthenticAMD
    CPU Brand String: AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    Cache Line Size = 64
    L2 Associativity = 8
    Cache Size = 1024
    Model = 1
    Family = 15
    Extended family = 3
    CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
    APIC Physical ID = 2
    Supported CPU Features:
    SSE3 New Instructions
    MONITOR/MWAIT
    x87 FPU On Chip
    Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
    Debugging Extensions
    Page Size Extensions
    Time Stamp Counter
    RDMSR and WRMSR Support
    Physical Address Extensions
    Machine Check Exception
    CMPXCHG8B Instruction
    APIC On Chip
    SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
    Memory Type Range Registers
    PTE Global Bit
    Machine Check Architecture
    Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
    Page Attribute Table
    Page Size Extension
    CFLUSH Extension
    MMX Technology
    FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
    SSE Extensions
    SSE2 Extensions
    Hyper-threading Technology
    Physical Memory:
    Total: 3.3 GB (3644538880)
    Avail: 1.2 GB (1365221376)
    Virtual Memory:
    Total: 7.9 TB (8796092891136)
    Avail: 7.9 TB (8795864809472)
    Current Memory Usage: 62%
    Current DateTime:
    Loc: Mon May 19 14:46:40 2014
    UTC: Mon May 19 18:46:40 2014
    Temp Data:
    Location = C:/Users/Jim Robinson/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp
    Disk Total: 448.6 GB (481747267584)
    Disk Avail: 24.1 GB (25904283648)
    Locale: en_US
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Main Street.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/DynamicClothingControl/DynamicClothingControl.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/EXPExporter/ExPExporter.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FBXExporter/FBXExporter.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/FigureSetup/FigureSetup.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/JointEditor/JointEditor.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/LAMH Player/LAMH Player.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/LayeredImageEditor/LayeredImageEditor.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/Luxus/Luxus.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoader/MorphLoader.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/MorphLoaderPro/MorphLoaderPro.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/PolygonGroupEditor/PolygonGroupEditor.dsx
    Reading help file J:/program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/TextureAtlas/TextureAtlas.dsx

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    OK I just installed the new version and when I try to open it, nothing happens, DazStudio is open in my processes but it doesn't actually open so I can do anything.

Any ideas? I have a lot of content that I haven't done anything with yet that I have ideas for .....

EDIT: This is getting extremely frustrating, I have uninstalled reinstalled, rebooted and had to kill the process several times because it does nothing.....

EDIT II: Uninstalling AGAIN, to try a manual install instead of using the download manager......

Take a look at this post.

-Rob

edited December 1969

Ok did exactly that and tried starting Daz Studio, I am STILL waiting....

edited December 1969

And still nothing happens when I try to start DS, I have to force terminate the program because it does nothing, even after tirning off then on the CMS and then turning on the DLM...... This is starting to make me a bit more than irritated to be honest.

edited December 1969

My log then continues

Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/WeightMapBrush/WeightMapBrush.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/inlinehelp.dsx
    Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    Using GLEW 1.9.0
    Supported OpenGL extensions:

so the next few steps are to scan the content directories and then to get the OpenGL features. Although it's a couple of steps on from the last actions written it may be worth checking fro video driver updates.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Malandar said:
    And still nothing happens when I try to start DS, I have to force terminate the program because it does nothing, even after tirning off then on the CMS and then turning on the DLM...... This is starting to make me a bit more than irritated to be honest.

If you stop the CMS service (without restarting it) and then launch DAZ Studio, do you experience the same thing?

Are you running anti-virus software and/or a software firewall?

-Rob

edited May 2014

Yes same thing. And yes I am but it never was a problem before.

Richard, are you wanting me to do something? Your post is not quite clear on that.