[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Generation 4 to Genesis 3 [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
edited January 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Finally, use your Victoria 4 (V4) or Michael 4 (M4) clothing with your Genesis 3 characters!  Convert almost your entire wardrobe of clothes and many accessories using the new Clothing Converter from Generation 4 to Genesis 3!  The Clothing Converter scripts provide batch execution for converting your V4/M4 clothing to Genesis 3 clothing in your library.  Easily select the wardrobe items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script.  Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original V4/M4 clothing to the new Genesis 3 clothing items.  IMPORTANT: Due to a limitation in the Daz Studio scripting interface, this script requires a manual step when converting each clothing item.  A dialogue will pop up during conversion and it's as easy as two button clicks!

Your new Genesis 3 wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware!  They will show up when you select a Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 3 Male.  Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your V4/M4 item will show for your converted Genesis 3 item.  Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit, produces vastly less distorted results. 

The Clothing Converter script does not work with props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) and wearables (e.g., outfits). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content.  They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.  It may also not work as well with high-heeled shoes because of problems with positioning the feet without turning on the Use Foot Dialog option during conversion.

The script may not be able to convert all clothing items without issues.  Converted items may exhibit poke through.  Usually, this can be fixed by adding a smoothing modifier.

Features

• Two powerful scripts!  One for each gender!
  • Convert V4/M4 Clothing items for use by Genesis 3 characters. 
  • Convert Dresses, Pants, Shirts, Skirts, Shoes, etc.  Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit to fit clothing to Genesis 3, produces vastly less distorted results. 
  • Convert Accessories: Hats, Belts, Glasses, Jewelry, etc.
  • Copies icons from V4/M4 clothing to Genesis 3 clothing for a professional look
  • Converted Clothing is Smart Content enabled!  All materials shown in Smart Content for your V4/M4 item will show for your converted Genesis 3 item.

Promotional video describing all the options and features of the Clothing Converter line of products

How to convert Footwear with Clothing Converter products

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

OK, I'm buying. But this is the last one. Honest!

• xyer0 said:

OK, I'm buying. But this is the last one. Honest!

LOL.  Don't say that!  Now I must make my products more addictive! laugh

• And it is released!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

So this one works for Male and Female ....cool ,has to go in my wishlist though ....... being broke sucks ...

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

As you don't mention K4, I assume they are not covered. Also, is a G8 version planned?

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

OK, silly me: G8 version came as two separate converters.

• carrie58 said:

So this one works for Male and Female ....cool ,has to go in my wishlist though ....... being broke sucks ...

Thanks.  So that's why I haven't heard "is it ready yet" from the back of the car! laugh

• jash147 said:

As you don't mention K4, I assume they are not covered. Also, is a G8 version planned?

I don't know if Kids4 will work.  I would assume not though.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Yup I've been being good and trying to put the things I want in the wishlist and not be too tempted ,though you ,SicklYield ,and ManFriday , have made it really hard ........I have to shut the computer down and not give in to my DAZ addiction ........

• carrie58 said:

Yup I've been being good and trying to put the things I want in the wishlist and not be too tempted ,though you ,SicklYield ,and ManFriday , have made it really hard ........I have to shut the computer down and not give in to my DAZ addiction ........

It's only an addiction if it is bad for you, and our stuff is very good for you! laugh

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

It is not clear in the description, but will this allow us to put M4 clothing on G3F and V4 clothing onto G3M? If so, then this would be superior to the two Genesis 8 converters combined, which would be odd to have more functionality for the older models than the newer ones.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited January 2020
    Havos said:

It is not clear in the description, but will this allow us to put M4 clothing on G3F and V4 clothing onto G3M? If so, then this would be superior to the two Genesis 8 converters combined, which would be odd to have more functionality for the older models than the newer ones.

No, it does not.  There are 2 converters in the product: one from V4 to G3F and one from M4 to G3M.  Trying to "cross the streams" doesn't work laugh  I had a "bug" for a while I was trying to fix, but it turned out I was trying to convert an M4 item for G3F.  It might work for pants and some stuff, but long sleeve shirts, jackets, and tunics do not.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • DgatorDgator Posts: 3

First, sorry for my english level. I'm trying to convert moroccan dreams (michael 4 and victoria 4) and i got only errors. Thanks for your help.

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Executing Script

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Selecting Preset: D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Found alternate root directory "Character"

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Converting clothing from D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2 to D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/M4toG3/MorrocanDreams/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.duf

14:34:51 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Could not set conversion morph

14:34:52 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Execution Cancelled.

14:34:52 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Execution Complete.

• I'm trying to convert several items from m4/v4 to g3 using this product and all results are wrongs (the clothing is lower than figure). I'm going crazy. I dont know which is my fault. Somebody can help me? I attach an example image (all results are similar).

Thanks.

m4tog3conversion.JPG
    1861 x 1065 - 122K
  • First, sorry for my english level. I'm trying to convert moroccan dreams (michael 4 and victoria 4) and i got only errors. Thanks for your help.

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Executing Script

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Selecting Preset: D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Found alternate root directory "Character"

14:34:46 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Converting clothing from D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.cr2 to D:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/M4toG3/MorrocanDreams/MoroccanDreams/M4MrDDjelaba.duf

14:34:51 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Could not set conversion morph

14:34:52 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Execution Cancelled.

14:34:52 GMT+0200 (Hora de verano romance): Execution Complete.

First @diegocancela, I am sorry.  I just saw this now.  If you post a Daz Log, I can try and see what is the matter.

• I'm trying to convert several items from m4/v4 to g3 using this product and all results are wrongs (the clothing is lower than figure). I'm going crazy. I dont know which is my fault. Somebody can help me? I attach an example image (all results are similar).

Thanks.

I know I have seen this behavior before.  I have asked my partner if she remembers what causes it.

Thanks.

I know I have seen this behavior before.  I have asked my partner if she remembers what causes it.

Could you post the full Daz log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File...) of the conversion?  She said it is "failure of the transfer rigging/figure" step so I need to figure out why it is failing.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,369

Hi RiverSoftArt, I‘m trying to convert some long V4 dresses (like the Marie Louise dress and the SnowBride gown) for G3 without that pesky distortion in the middle of the dress at the moment, will your product do that for me without so much hassle? Does it also work on dresses with those old-style body handles, and what does it do with them?

Also, I‘ve used your converter from G2F to G3F before, and while it‘s generally really useful I found that the converted clothes do not fit really tightly afterwards. Is this the same with the V4 converter? And if so, how could I achieve a closer fit?

thanks very much for your support!

• tsroemi said:

Hi RiverSoftArt, I‘m trying to convert some long V4 dresses (like the Marie Louise dress and the SnowBride gown) for G3 without that pesky distortion in the middle of the dress at the moment, will your product do that for me without so much hassle? Does it also work on dresses with those old-style body handles, and what does it do with them?

I have converted Marie Louise and I like it.

Of course, with such a dress you cannot do massive poses.  As far as the body handles, I will quote from the manual:

Converted clothing load with weird triangles around them. A lot of V4/M4 clothing include movement handles. These are handles built in for movement of clothing items and you cannot delete them. However, you can hide them through Surfaces pane. Select the object, go to Surfaces and find the a surface called Handles (or something like that). Change the Opacity Strength to 0

tsroemi said:

Also, I‘ve used your converter from G2F to G3F before, and while it‘s generally really useful I found that the converted clothes do not fit really tightly afterwards. Is this the same with the V4 converter? And if so, how could I achieve a closer fit?

thanks very much for your support!

And again from the manual:

Converted Items are too loose on the figure. The Clothing Converter script morphs the clothing using the clothing conversion conformers. Occasionally, the conformers make the converted clothing too loose (see Figure 9). Thankfully, this is easy to fix. When the clothing items are converted, a lot of helper morphs are added to address fit issues. The helper morphs are in the Parameters pane, below Actor->Converter Morphs (see Figure 10). Adjusting the Tighten All morph and turning on Smoothing can fix most issues. Otherwise, there a lot of additional morphs you can use to tweak the fit. 

Noblewoman Standing 01 -30 0.png
    2048 x 2048 - 3M
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,369
    edited September 2020

Thank you so much for the quick response, that about covers it all I think. And the dress looks really good to me as well, so I will absolutely give it a go!

EDIT: And sorry I didn't read the G2 converter manual properly, just didn't see that part about fixing the loose clothing somehow. Shouldn't have needed to bother you with this really. Thanks for your patience!

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • tsroemi said:

Thank you so much for the quick response, that about covers it all I think. And the dress looks really good to me as well, so I will absolutely give it a go!

EDIT: And sorry I didn't read the G2 converter manual properly, just didn't see that part about fixing the loose clothing somehow. Shouldn't have needed to bother you with this really. Thanks for your patience!

Not a problem at all!  I am glad I could help.

• Hey, I picked this up a few months ago and started to play with it yesterday. Of the items I tried, it will only work with Force Convert. I think it is because I didn't use the main Characters directory  (Figures?)but the product folders. I originally added that main directory and it showed everything - castles to animals to V4 & Company bases themselves and it freaked out/intimidated me. So I started over cherry picking the folders of stuff I really wanted converted. 

Should I have just left it pointed to Figures and let the script sort all those items out as to what was or wasn't clothing? I have one of the logs saved, in case it sounds to you like there is an actual issue. However this is more likely a Me Problem not a Script Bug. I have always had a bad learning curve with software. To me, the log looks like it was expecting the file paths to include "Character." 

I do like the results I have so far. It's a good product. I just need to figure out what I missed in the manual to use it properly.

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Hey, I picked this up a few months ago and started to play with it yesterday. Of the items I tried, it will only work with Force Convert. I think it is because I didn't use the main Characters directory  (Figures?)but the product folders. I originally added that main directory and it showed everything - castles to animals to V4 & Company bases themselves and it freaked out/intimidated me. So I started over cherry picking the folders of stuff I really wanted converted. 

Should I have just left it pointed to Figures and let the script sort all those items out as to what was or wasn't clothing? I have one of the logs saved, in case it sounds to you like there is an actual issue. However this is more likely a Me Problem not a Script Bug. I have always had a bad learning curve with software. To me, the log looks like it was expecting the file paths to include "Character." 

I do like the results I have so far. It's a good product. I just need to figure out what I missed in the manual to use it properly.

When you add a folder, CC should have filtered out items based on the reported content type.  It sounds like the metadata in your DS is corrupted (unfortunately, very common), and CC could not determine the content type of object.

• Thanks for getting back to me. I know when I was trying out the converter, my D/S was having trouble seeing metadata at first. I had to re-install the Post GRE SQL (or whatever it is called) via DIM a couple times before the converter worked. No telling how long metadata has been bad as I seldom if ever use Smart Content.

Is there a way to restore uncorrupted metadata? Besides using all my hobby time for days to uninstall/reinstall everything. 

In case it matters for anything I am using either D/S 4.11 or 4.12. Yeah, I know I am

SO behind the times...

Thanks for getting back to me. I know when I was trying out the converter, my D/S was having trouble seeing metadata at first. I had to re-install the Post GRE SQL (or whatever it is called) via DIM a couple times before the converter worked. No telling how long metadata has been bad as I seldom if ever use Smart Content.

Is there a way to restore uncorrupted metadata? Besides using all my hobby time for days to uninstall/reinstall everything. 

In case it matters for anything I am using either D/S 4.11 or 4.12. Yeah, I know I am

SO behind the times...

There is definitely a way to do it.  I have not done it myself, but I have seen posts from people that have.  It involves exporting user data and re-importing the metadata.  I would search in the forums.

• RiverSoftArt said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I know when I was trying out the converter, my D/S was having trouble seeing metadata at first. I had to re-install the Post GRE SQL (or whatever it is called) via DIM a couple times before the converter worked. No telling how long metadata has been bad as I seldom if ever use Smart Content.

SO behind the times...

There is definitely a way to do it.  I have not done it myself, but I have seen posts from people that have.  It involves exporting user data and re-importing the metadata.  I would search in the forums.

Thank you, I would have searched already but I wasn't sure what keywords to try

RiverSoftArt said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

SO behind the times...

Thank you, I would have searched already but I wasn't sure what keywords to try

You're welcome.  Good luck!

• @RiverSoftArt

Thought I'd update you. I did end up exporting user data & Re-importing metadata. I found Jay Versluis' instructions on his blog & they were very easy to follow if anyone else runs into this. https://www.versluis.com/2022/11/restoring-smart-content-and-resetting-the-content-database-in-daz-studio/

I still ended up having to force convert everything but the new metadata did enable the scripts' filtering to remove almost all the non clothing items. The conversions themselves went very fast, even on my 8 year old laptop.

I prioritized outfits I have missed using the most and am glad to have them back. I am now trying out my re-newed clothing, on G8 too. How is that working? So far, so good. The G3 converted pieces autofit to G8 just like any made-for-G3 clothing, with a little help from the converter's fit morphs. And  they all look good with either base Iray shader or Iray shaders from my extensive collection of sets applied. (Yes, I plan to try your 3DL to Iray converter on the original textures.)

Thanks again!

@RiverSoftArt

Thought I'd update you. I did end up exporting user data & Re-importing metadata. I found Jay Versluis' instructions on his blog & they were very easy to follow if anyone else runs into this. https://www.versluis.com/2022/11/restoring-smart-content-and-resetting-the-content-database-in-daz-studio/

I still ended up having to force convert everything but the new metadata did enable the scripts' filtering to remove almost all the non clothing items. The conversions themselves went very fast, even on my 8 year old laptop.

I prioritized outfits I have missed using the most and am glad to have them back. I am now trying out my re-newed clothing, on G8 too. How is that working? So far, so good. The G3 converted pieces autofit to G8 just like any made-for-G3 clothing, with a little help from the converter's fit morphs. And  they all look good with either base Iray shader or Iray shaders from my extensive collection of sets applied. (Yes, I plan to try your 3DL to Iray converter on the original textures.)

Thanks again!

You're very welcome!  I am glad you are happy with your new converted clothing!

• I  purchased many V4 clothing itens from Daz and used in Poser. The files are in the Poser format Library in Daz Studio 4.21.

Will these items be converted?