Europan Style Apartment

juanjoharojuanjoharo Posts: 92
edited September 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

I bought this model: https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment by Roguei but i have an isuue with light. I can get the light enter the windows... it comes light but no intense shadow, like sunlight, event if a put a light directed to the window. I've tried to remove the opacity map, to lower the opacity to zero or even using a Iray glass shader, but the only way to have the light is hidding the window. Is there any way to solve this?

Even when you put the ligh emitters outside the window, the emission effect is blocked by the window

Post edited by juanjoharo on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,025

According to the promo pics the windows emit light that you can control via various presets.

• juanjoharojuanjoharo Posts: 92
    edited September 2020

Yeah but i can't have that sunlight effect

Post edited by juanjoharo on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

You need an Iray something, iirc, to actually get the light to enter - presuming I am remembering correctly.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

it is difficult to light interior scenes in Iray, particularly if light is traversing a refractive material like glass.  I am not an expert in lighting in Iray, but I think this is why the PA created the emission surfaces at the window - these window emission surfaces are "ghost lights", used to simulate light coming through the window, otherwise you will not have enough light in the room.

You attached two images (01 and 02) but did not describe what either of these images meant? 

• I would have expected a Europan style apartment to have much more radiation shielding and central heating at the very least.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,450

I would have expected a Europan style apartment to have much more radiation shielding and central heating at the very least.

Living in northern europe, the heating systems have gone under the floor. No radiators visible anymore.

Not familiar with the term "radiation shielding"... The effects of Chernobyl were not THAT severe wink

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,147
    edited September 2020
    PerttiA said:

I would have expected a Europan style apartment to have much more radiation shielding and central heating at the very least.

Living in northern europe, the heating systems have gone under the floor. No radiators visible anymore.

Not familiar with the term "radiation shielding"... The effects of Chernobyl were not THAT severe wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(moon)

Post edited by Gordig on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,450
    Gordig said:
    PerttiA said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(moon)

Yep, that's the place. If you zoom in far enough near the north pole, you can see my cache of retired cars - Trying hard to warm up the surroundings as firewood is hard to come by.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited September 2020

that product use two intensity light, "cold" and "warm"
    you can disable all window lights and place a "plane" outside where you apply "emissive" shader on it

- then you can mix all lights plane and window to create your desired ligh effect 

for sun effect, you can also use the "sun" direction of the "dome"

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    edited September 2020

juanjoharo, did you turn the lumens up high enough? I set mine to 10,000,000 and it shows up fine.

daz studio screen capture

european_apt.jpg
    924 x 519 - 701K
    Post edited by Kitsumo on