UV map mistake. - [Solved]

AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
edited September 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, I made an item of clothing for a friend. For one reason or another I ended up with one bit of the clothing at a different scale than the rest on the UV map. Fine if we only use the mateiral I made but, if we want to add a different texture one part of the clothing's pattern is going to be a different size. I've alreayd shared with him and I've spent a good while making JCM's so naturally i don't want to have to start again from scratch. 

is it possible to re do the UV for it without starting from scratch? Or can I transfer everything successfully to a fresh obj with an updated UV with Transfer Utility? I haven't made changes to the original project file other than correcting the UV. 

Thanks. 

Post edited by AbnerK on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,117

What did you use to make the clothing? I can't imagine any modeling program not being able to fix this in UV editing. 

• you can update the clothings base mesh or load additional UV sets to fix this without having to redo the jcm's or rigging provided the obj you use to do the update/load the UV has the same vertex count/order as the original.

select the clothing item, edit menu > figure > geometry > load uv set

you can then go save as > support asset > save modified assets which should save the new UV set to your original clothing item, you can probably also package up the UV set seperately and send it to your friend to drop into his data folder but I don't remember the file paths off hand

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

you can update the clothings base mesh or load additional UV sets to fix this without having to redo the jcm's or rigging provided the obj you use to do the update/load the UV has the same vertex count/order as the original.

you can then go save as > support asset > save modified assets which should save the new UV set to your original clothing item, you can probably also package up the UV set seperately and send it to your friend to drop into his data folder but I don't remember the file paths off hand

This is great. Thank you so much.  I'll look at that later. 

Gordig said:

What did you use to make the clothing? I can't imagine any modeling program not being able to fix this in UV editing. 

I know It's litterally impossible to imagine. 

you can update the clothings base mesh or load additional UV sets to fix this without having to redo the jcm's or rigging provided the obj you use to do the update/load the UV has the same vertex count/order as the original.

WOW, that was easier than zeroing the pose that I probably didn't need to do anyway. Thank you so much! I knew there had to be a way. Thanks.