Render in progress

AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
edited June 2018 in Art Studio

Thought I would start a page of my renders. Story goes, with super slow computer, I was never satisfied with renders. With new comp, now I'm able to render without crashing, but have to straighten out content library, add content to new comp, alot is missing in scenes !! Here's two of first one's I did when I first began DS last year. Human to Vampire. I enjoy supernatural themes, which is not popular at Daz forums :red:

Post edited by AJ2112 on

Comments

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Vampire

VicVamp_1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 414K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Who said its not popular? It just might not be the general theme many do, but the Supernatural theme is all the rage, or was, on TV. So I think many like it if they do not render it. Keep up the fun on the New PC.
    Lurking in the threads shadows...

edited December 1969

Hi Jade, how's life treating you buddy. Well, DA has lot's of supernatural fans/groups. You did an awesome one, called Something wicked, also liked The gaurdians, reminds me of game Silent hill (spooky). So, true networks abused the genre. I did mostly face portraits, cause my system had difficulty rendering scenes. Thanx friend. Try not to create more spiders, to scare my vamps, Lol !!!

Jaderail said:
    Who said its not popular? It just might not be the general theme many do, but the Supernatural theme is all the rage, or was, on TV. So I think many like it if they do not render it. Keep up the fun on the New PC.
    Lurking in the threads shadows...
    edited December 1969

No comments ? Maybe I should render a tree, rofl !!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

I really like your vampire render. Good job

edited December 1969

Awesome ! Thanx Frank. Hopefully I can render some ideas that are DS friendly in the future.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited April 2014

I enjoy supernatural themes. I am just not very good a rendering them.

I really like the first one you posted.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Hi awesome!

I think the renders have really nice lighting and the characters come to life (even the vampire!) Looking forward to seeing more.
    BTW, go by the thread views, not the comments. :) There are many admirers who don't like to post but who do like seeing the renders.

edited December 1969

Opps! I wondered off and Missed your Post. Sorry about that. Thank you for your kind words on my DA stuff. I'm here looking for some new stuff to see but alas none yet, not even a tree. I'll keep peeking in, you can be sure of that.

edited December 1969

Thanx friend. Your renders are fabulous to.

I enjoy supernatural themes. I am just very good a rendering them.

I really like the first one you posted.

edited December 1969

Hi Cathie, long time friend, hope life has been treating you well. Thanx, as a newbie I work'd very hard on character, still not completely satisfied, but oh well. Now I can use UE2 and Lux, will be interesting to see what I can come up with. Lot's of amazing supernatural renders at DA, very inspiring.

Thanx for info, I enjoy compliments/critique, helps me broaden my horizon. Keep up the great job educating newbies.
    AJ

Novica said:
    Hi awesome!

I think the renders have really nice lighting and the characters come to life (even the vampire!) Looking forward to seeing more.
    BTW, go by the thread views, not the comments. :) There are many admirers who don't like to post but who do like seeing the renders.

edited December 1969

Hi Jade, not a problem friend, I know your very busy at the forums. You've been a tremendous help to me, as I progress forward, many thanx. I enjoy viewing your renders.

Yeah, I had alot of saved scenes, after building new system, transferring to DS 4.6, lot's of content missing in new scenes upon opening. Real bummer. Vampires were the only renders, I saved to image, kept in seperate folder. Tried to save what I could from old xp hdd.
    AJ

Jaderail said:
    Opps! I wondered off and Missed your Post. Sorry about that. Thank you for your kind words on my DA stuff. I'm here looking for some new stuff to see but alas none yet, not even a tree. I'll keep peeking in, you can be sure of that.
    edited December 1969

Another as a newbie last year, two dolphins and a background, 1 spotlight.

DolphinRender.jpg
    640 x 360 - 181K
    edited December 1969

Here's another last year newbie, Vamp Aubrey, 2 primitive backrgounds, 1 spotlight. Could not get her hair to render correctly, one of the questions I posted last year, anyway reason I never shared her.

VampireAubrey.jpg
    684 x 600 - 271K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Vamp Aubrey looks good, I like the gray overtones with the skin as it goes with the varied tones in the scene. What didn't you like about the hair, I think it looks nice?

edited December 1969

Thanx so much Cathie, my comp was super slow last year, I could hardly render anything :-S Top half of her head is bald, not reaching her headband. I was having some difficulty last year with Armaseda hair, etc...... Now I have a hair collection, Lol !!!

Novica said:
    Vamp Aubrey looks good, I like the gray overtones with the skin as it goes with the varied tones in the scene. What didn't you like about the hair, I think it looks nice?
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Human to Vampire. I enjoy supernatural themes, which is not popular at Daz forums :red:

If it is not popular here, meens also it is unique here! Where is the fun in doing the same thing everybody does? Focus on the fun aspect and everything falls into place. ... sooner or later ... ;-)

Nice renders so far, would like to see more. :)

edited April 2014

Awesome ! all you share inspires me, thank you friend. Will, certainly upload more vamp renders near future ;-)

MN-150374 said:
    awesomefb said:
    Human to Vampire. I enjoy supernatural themes, which is not popular at Daz forums :red:

If it is not popular here, meens also it is unique here! Where is the fun in doing the same thing everybody does? Focus on the fun aspect and everything falls into place. ... sooner or later ... ;-)

Nice renders so far, would like to see more. :)

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited April 2014

Drum wip. Wow ! drumkit project had me crawling up walls, Lol !!!! Spent the last 2 hrs trying to get the upper tom to illuminate, still haven't figured it out :smirk: This project took UE2, fill light left, fill light right, 4 spotlights, most lights I ever work'd with. And approx 500 surface setting adjustments. First time I ever used shaders. In the future, I'm going to try to replicate my personal drumkit.

JazzKit.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 277K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited December 1969

Here's another I did, learning to use shaders.

SnareProp.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 387K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Drum wip. Wow ! drumkit project had me crawling up walls, Lol !!!! Spent the last 2 hrs trying to get the upper tom to illuminate, still haven't figured it out :smirk: This project took UE2, fill light left, fill light right, 4 spotlights, most lights I ever work'd with. And approx 500 surface setting adjustments. First time I ever used shaders. In the future, I'm going to try to replicate my personal drumkit.

This looks great. All your hard work really shows.

edited April 2014

Thanx for the kind words friend :-)

This looks great. All your hard work really shows.

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited May 2014

Wow ! learned alot, working on this project. Shaders, advanced lighting, etc..... Surface tab is now my bf. Drumkit really work'd my brain, Lol !! Major difference from first kit I rendered. I built speakers using primatives. Thinking of doing something like Terminator, my next project. I enjoy working with chrome.

DblbassKit.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 561K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited May 2014

Amazing ! how much one can learn with simple primitive models. Learned a few more techniques over the weekend, beginners composition and depth of field provided by Szark. Jaderail providing composition camera prop and overlay, which can be obtained here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67783/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Golden-Rules-Camera-Prop-v1.5

Couldn't figure out how to shade dice with glass shaders, dice would turn solid glass. One of my biggest mistakes so far is, being impatient. I have no patience, Lol I try to achieve overnight. After a year of brainstorming, I've learned to work at a balanced pace, step by step. Continous searching/reading. Sharing my learning progress :-)

DiceDOF.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 151K
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Wow ! learned alot, working on this project. Shaders, advanced lighting, etc..... Surface tab is now my bf. Drumkit really work'd my brain, Lol !! Major difference from first kit I rendered. I built speakers using primatives. Thinking of doing something like Terminator, my next project. I enjoy working with chrome.

AJ that is superb for a beginner, actually it is pretty darn good all round. You have the right attitude, just need more patience. :P

As for Glass, well if you want try Uber Surface

Diffuse 10 - 5%
    Diffuse Colour your choice Clear glass I would opt of a light grey
    IOR (Index of Refraction) Depending on what type of glass it could be 1.45- 2.50
    No Specular
    Opacity depending on how clear you want it 5 -15%
    Reflection colour White
    Multiply Reflection through Opacity OFF
    Reflection RayTrace (need something in the scene to reflect)
    Reflection Strength try about 60 - 80%
    Reflection Blur 0.05%

But you have the number spots to think about here as you don't want them glass.
    Do the spots have a different mat zone?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

This is going to be a fun thread....I am enjoying looking at your renders .....which are awesome!!....Trish

edited December 1969

I agree Trish.

I know AJ is open to some constructive critique so if we can... I will try when I can but like I said in my PM sometimes many of us find it hard to give critique and find it hard to get across a point in text. Many times I wish I could just show someone. I should learn to make vids really.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I agree Trish.

I know AJ is open to some constructive critique so if we can... I will try when I can but like I said in my PM sometimes many of us find it hard to give critique and find it hard to get across a point in text. Many times I wish I could just show someone. I should learn to make vids really.

A picture is worth a thousand words my Friend. So a picture showing what the words with it means or does is often the best way. I use that method in my help tips as often as possible to good effect.
    Poke the Pete with Idea, as I hate video Tuts. Just can not follow them. I prefer to flip to text do in DS and flip back to text for next step. The Videos just make me rewind, miss parts, and get PO'ed and close them.
    edited December 1969

Well you know me with my image added tuts but for me personally I like the "see monkey do" approach. :P

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Pete: All I know is AJ is doing 500% better than I was at that point....and the way it looks will surpass anything I can do now.....soon like in less than a week probably....Trish