Is there a way to copy a prop rigging to another prop?

Is there a way to copy a prop rigging to another prop, providing the overall dimensions of the prop is the same (yes, I know there will be face groups differences but I need just a rough rigging)?

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Can't open Studio atm, but iirc you could try the Transfer Utility?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

Yes, if it's weightmapped you can use the transfer utility with existing prop as the source and it will try project the rigging on the new prop.

• Leana said:

Yes, if it's weightmapped you can use the transfer utility with existing prop as the source and it will try project the rigging on the new prop.

Thanks!

BTW - starting to think how much work is to rig a human body - do the human models which the artists make for sale are rigged in the same way - by copying?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited September 2020
    Leana said:

Thanks!

BTW - starting to think how much work is to rig a human body - do the human models which the artists make for sale are rigged in the same way - by copying?

most of the Poser legacy stuff was using "Dork" and "Posette" the P4 male and female

DAZ rigging is protected under the EULA so most stand alones do not use the same rigging often using the Poser or Autodesk Biped one

only DAZ store figures can use the DAZ genesis+ rigging bone hierarchy

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013
    Leana said:

Thanks!

Do you mean standalone figures? No, it's not allowed to copy one figure's rigging to create your own figure if you want to distribute it (well, unless you created the first figure, I suppose), you'll need to rig it yourself from scratch.
    You can only reuse the figure's rigging to create conforming add-ons like clothes.