Encrypted DAZ Scripts

Hi all,

Could someone please remind me how we open encrypted scripts to be read as an ASCII file?

I thought I saw somewhere we could do that with some archiver?

Thanks!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,406

It's zip-compressed, if you have 7-Zip, you can Choose "7-Zip\Open Archive" in Windows Explorer, and inside 7-Zip "File\Edit"

Inside 7-Zip "Tool\Options\Editor" you can specify which program you want to use for editing.

Notepad++ is better than Notepad, since Notepad doesn't understand [LF].

• Thanks! I couldn't remember what archiver to use!

I'm a die hard fan of notepad++

• We don't. Encrypted scripts are saved way to prevent others from seeing the code, while allowing the script to run. if you have saved one of your own scripts as .dse instead of .dsa/.dsb I'm afraid it's a one-way process (but the encrypted file won't have overwritten the unencrypted version, if there was one).

• Strange,

It wouldn;t open with 7-zip or winzip.....I tried all the open options too.

• PerttiA said:

It's zip-compressed, if you have 7-Zip, you can Choose "7-Zip\Open Archive" in Windows Explorer, and inside 7-Zip "File\Edit"

Inside 7-Zip "Tool\Options\Editor" you can specify which program you want to use for editing.

Strange,

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,406
    PerttiA said:

Strange,

Sorry, doesn't work with scripts like Richard pointed out.

• We don't. Encrypted scripts are saved way to prevent others from seeing the code, while allowing the script to run. if you have saved one of your own scripts as .dse instead of .dsa/.dsb I'm afraid it's a one-way process (but the encrypted file won't have overwritten the unencrypted version, if there was one).

Ah ok! Thanks Richard

I thought there was something we could open with an archiver for some reason. Maybe it's something else...

• New formats (duf, dsf) can be either plain text or archives.

• .dsb is also just compressed for DS 3+ (in DS 1 and DS 2 the ,dsb extension was used both for compressed scripts and for encrypted scripts), so those will unzip or expand via the Batch Convert pane.

• Ok thanks guys