StrangeFate's stuff: Tribal Armor & Body Paints out now!

Comments

• Thanks @Worlds_Edge :)

@JOdel - Once everything's done I'll export the flattened blended textures and set them up as regular Hierarchical Iray materials that can be applied once on the scene and will replace all the blended surfaces at once. That should give people a good base to convert from.

Done with blending for now. Didn't blend the wooden beams with eachother but equalized some of the areas where they intersect so the intersections would stand out less.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

youre a genius

• youre a genius (2)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Very pretty :D

• My tongue is getting longer and longer... give it to me... or us wink

• Fireplace update. Textures are still a bit off here and there and the wood probably caught a bit too much smoke...

• Was painting the door and door frames when I realized that the round frames aren't needed yet, as the Livingroom happens to be the only room that doesn't have a round frame.

Anyway, was playing around with various designs for the sides and they'll probably come with a few different ones. There's the more colorful hobbit one and a few with your typical celtic designs.

• Was painting the door and door frames when I realized that the round frames aren't needed yet, as the Livingroom happens to be the only room that doesn't have a round frame.

Anyway, was playing around with various designs for the sides and they'll probably come with a few different ones. There's the more colorful hobbit one and a few with your typical celtic designs.

Incredible work! I am looking forward to it so much...

• Fantastic I'm looking forward to this very much

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
    edited September 2020

Hope you'll like the final product :)

Small update...

The floor is just a 1024 tiling texture with a custom dust mask, using the Iray blending material, same as the walls. As such, you can just go to the material and turn off the mask to remove the dust or make it softer or... a different color.

As with the walls etc, I'll have a simpler floor material with the dust as part of the texture for those using 3DeLight.

Post edited by Chohole on

It looks good. It doesn't really look tiled.  The dust breaks up the repetition a lot.

i think if you add some piles of dust/dirt (like you usually do) as floor "decals", it will look really good.  i use your cobwebs and floor decals in everything.

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 756
    edited September 2020

Small update...

After taking the screenshot I realized I wasn't yet happy with it, but It's done for today...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Nice

• Small update...

After taking the screenshot I realized I wasn't yet happy with it, but It's done for today...

You're NOT happy with THAT???? Ohhhhh. Ok it will blow my mind if it's getting better than that! surprise

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

That wood carving looks fantastic!

• Lothar - It's just some small shading changes, nothing big to change :)

Throwing some lights into the room to see how it's working together, not all textured properly yet.

Until it's all in the room and I can adjust all props to each other, some pieces will look a bit off, like to dark or bright, so don't mind that too much for now...

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Lothar - It's just some small shading changes, nothing big to change :)

Throwing some lights into the room to see how it's working together, not all textured properly yet.

Until it's all in the room and I can adjust all props to each other, some pieces will look a bit off, like to dark or bright, so don't mind that too much for now...

So eclectic. Much like the furniture in my RL house…
    laugh

• L'Adair said:

laugh

I wish it were my real life house heart

• If it was mine it would have cat toy's scattered everywhere

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2020
    L'Adair said:

laugh

I wish it were my real life house heart

Yeah, wouldn't that be cool. It would be like living on a movie set. Or feeling like you really were a hobbit! Where Gandalf could knock on the door any day now…

If it was mine it would have cat toy's scattered everywhere

And dust. And cat fur. Lots and lots of both. Our little buggers love to roll around in the dirt outside, and then come in and work it off on the floor and furniture.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

I'd be Gandalf in that scenario - too tall for hobbit homes...

index.jpg
    480 x 360 - 9K
  • No real progress to see, just thought it was cool how you could see the fire through the window.

Window frames on the outside are still WIP, wood will be adjusted to work better with the rest of the exterior.

• I love the bird feeders (or it is small lantern?)

• I love the bird feeders (or it is small lantern?)

A bird feeder, that's still missing a hook to hang from.

• So cool!

• Furniture starting to fall into place.

Interior/Exterior architecture stuff are all done, minus some material tweaks that will be necessary to have everything blend better together.

Made the textures for the walls in gray now, so they're easier to tint to whatever color you want. Default will be that yellowish tone, but will probably include some other material presets for them (light blue etc).
    Since they use the layered Iray shader, the stains can made stronger or softer by simply loweering or raising the transparency of the stains masks. I'll probably save an alternative material preset for this too, for slightly cleaner walls.

Hallways are almost done too. Although they're a separate product, I wanted to make sure modularity and aligning rooms or hallways with a simple grid, so you'll be able to repeat them length wise obviously, but also have 2 hallways running in parallel, with doors aligning properly... not that many houses would have parallel hallways :)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

stunning!

• Happy to every new screenshot in this thread!

chef's kiss

A chair and table for the room