320+ TUTORIALS at CARRARA CAFE

Comments

• eyeseeeyesee Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

He rips away his disguise....

Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Yes Holly I am your father :lol:)

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

eyesee said:
    Hey Holly,

Where you looking in your crystal ball when you put up the star wars image?

Just heard on the radio that Harrison Ford, Amy Fisher and Mark Hamal have just started filming a new episode of Star Wars!

Spooky or what!

Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - The Saga Continues - Yaaah :lol:)

I think you mean Carrie Fisher. Amy Fisher was the so-called Long Island Lolita. ;-)

edited December 1969

Just looked up Amy Fisher on the web. SOME typo I made there ! :red:

edited December 1969

eyesee said:

:lol:
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,193
    edited December 1969

eyesee said:

:lol::lol:
    edited December 1969

I think you mean Carrie Fisher. Amy Fisher was the so-called Long Island Lolita. ;-)

Is there anything that you don't know? :coolsmirk:
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Is there anything that you don't know? :coolsmirk:

I know just enough about a lot of stuff to get me into trouble! :lol:

edited December 1969

Speaking of Tutorials, ep...

:blank:
    edited December 1969

I wonder if Eirc minds that we Link to his DCG Product Tutorials Pages.
    I doubt it. I know that by just browsing the titles of them... makes me anxious to check out more! So much you can do with each kit!

edited May 2014

While I can totally understand where you're coming from, and respect that... that sort of judgement is actually part of what is refreshing about Star Wars and the entire franchise: "Who really cares? we've only really come to have fun!"
    I walked out of the 2nd one. My idea of "fun" is not the same as yours, I guess. When I watched the 3rd prequel with friends I was saying lines with the actors and my friends were like "You SAW this already??" >:( No, it's so obvious I didn't have to.

The first words out of Plinkett's mouth are rude - period. It would have been better if he would have re-written the story and made a new movie that illustrates how to do it better.

Since ANYONE could make a better movie, I'll say that that part isn't at all necessary.... There's a whole subplot about the reviewer being a serial killer... He's not meant to be sympathetic, but you'd have to watch to know that I guess. He talks in detail about how films are structured and how the prequels aren't...

I'm sorry someone was rude to you..., but I can't discuss movies that don't include character development or story arc... That's what movies are. If it's just about chairs moving and ships flying I'll take THUNDERBIRDS over Star Wars. Sorry, I need more than a toy commercial for 2hrs. (actually, I could watch a toy commercial for 2hrs if it was not insulting my intelligence, to be honest)

.... Here, this clip is some outtakes that don't have any of the offensive reviewer character. Just ordinary "fans" being asked questions. http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/plinkett-review-extras/episode-1-review-interview-outtakes/
    He's asked these people to describe people from Star Wars movies without describing their clothes or their job, just their character traits. IMO, this is a really valuable lesson for any aspiring filmmaker.

I watch the Plinkett reviews a few times a year (May the 4th)... and he makes suggestions that might "fix" the movies although that's not really the purpose of a review. And no, I didn't "get old" but thanks for that dismissive comment. Nah that wasn't rude at all...
    :)

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited May 2014

Holly,

How long have you been running a dating agency at the Café?
    Just received the following email:

"HI
    Go to http://carraracafe.com/loginregister/mail Mail...
    Hello Dear!
    how are you doing today??, I'm Jennifer by name. It is my pleasure to contact you after viewing your profile i will like to be your good friend. please I will appreciate it so much if you can contact me direct in my private email address so that i will introduce myself to you fully, I don't normally come online here. Remember distance, age and color does not matter in a good friendship, but love matters a lot in life. Here's my email: ([email protected]) I'm also waiting to see your mail contact to my mail box then i can send my photo to your private mail box ok,,thanks and have a nice day.
    your's love,,
    Jenifer
    jennyzinger"

It's the rugged good looks of my avatar, women can't resist! -- :coolsmile:

Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Wonder if she likes Lapsang Souchong in the morning?)

To be serious for a moment - It looks like someone's program is trawling through your profiles and harvesting email addresses as it came direct, not through the forum. Not that au fait with web programming, but do you have an encryption option on the database?

Post edited by eyesee on
    edited May 2014

Sorry Holly... don't know what gets into my typing finders sometimes...

Why am I defending SW? :ahhh:

I'll check our Plinkett... I will.

Eyesee,
    That's funny! Are you leading on young ladies? ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited May 2014

You've been using the force or maybe the Tannin, Darten

Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Come over to the darkside Darten, Don't be seduced by the roasted bean side. We have Assam and biscuits! )

P.S. No. It's the electro-magnetism. It's built into the helmet.

Post edited by eyesee on
    edited December 1969

Nooooo! The light shall prevai....

Damn... those biscuits smell gooood!

• rk66rk66 Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I have the same mail.

rk.

cc_mail.jpg
    1481 x 474 - 58K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

eyesee said:
    Holly,

How long have you been running a dating agency at the Café?
    Just received the following email:

"HI
    Go to http://carraracafe.com/loginregister/mail Mail...
    Hello Dear!
    how are you doing today??, I'm Jennifer by name. It is my pleasure to contact you after viewing your profile i will like to be your good friend.

I had one of those too! Bloody spammers get everywhere!

edited December 1969

Nothing was compromised. They just signed up like any other person - I deleted their acct(s). I guess it means CAFE is getting popular or something...

Or you guys are looking like wealthy bachelors.... LOL

edited December 1969

Sorry Holly... don't know what gets into my typing finders sometimes...

Why am I defending SW? :ahhh:

I'll check our Plinkett... I will.

LOL, no need. It was off putting for me too at first. I don't like "insult" humor, and it's kind of a filmgeek thing probably... to analyze film structure.

The long and short of it is he kidnaps this woman and forces her to watch ATTACK OF THE CLONES, so she goes from being a crying victim in his basement (a la SILENCE OF THE LAMBS) to eating popcorn and saying "wow, is this a real movie? It's terrible..." lol

I wish we had a little more interest in a "writer's group" to help support each other's longterm projects, but I suppose it is a thing for a different community....

edited December 1969

Hahaha looks are obviously deceiving!

edited December 1969

I wish we had a little more interest in a "writer's group" to help support each other's longterm projects, but I suppose it is a thing for a different community....
    Although I've never been know for my writing skills, I'd love to join you in this... maybe at the Cafe? Or we could probably even do a thread here?

Also, Jenny Zinger strikes again! Now I can feel special and sexy too! ;)

edited December 1969

I have a friend and she keeps posting her wordcount for the month on facebook, and it's like well over 10,000 because she's doing a "push" on her novel... :long:

I'm like, I fixed my main characters hair that was poking into her shoulder..., and uh, this model will be in the background... eventually.
    :sick:

edited May 2014

I know what you mean... totally!
    I am the only of four siblings that doesn't speed read. On the contrary, I think that I can read aloud faster than I can to myself! LOL
    I do like to write, however, and I have the more vivid imagination of the rest of us.

I have a lot of ideas for my production and the weakest of those is in completing the actual arc of the first series of episodes. I'll get so far in my script, use Carrara to help me storyboard it out by creating the initial stages, where these conversations and action sequences are to take place. And then I get carried away with Carrara and drop the literary end of things for too long. It doesn't really help, how addicted to this forum I have become either. Sometimes I'll spend the whole day doing nothing but preparing screenshots and doing research to answer questions. My poor Carrara 7 manual is falling apart at the binding :)

10,000... yikes!

edited December 1969

I have a friend and she keeps posting her wordcount for the month on facebook, and it's like well over 10,000 because she's doing a "push" on her novel... :long:

I'm like, I fixed my main characters hair that was poking into her shoulder..., and uh, this model will be in the background... eventually.
    :sick:

I'm about 3000 words off completing my second novel....

edited May 2014

If you build it, they will come! ;-)

After all you can't create a comic/web comic or animation without a solid story as a foundation. Well, you can, but you there will not be many viewers.

Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Carpe Calicem)

Post edited by eyesee on
    edited December 1969

eyesee said:
    If you build it, they will come! ;-)

After all you can't create a comic/web comic or animation without a solid story as a foundation. Well, you can, but you there will not be many viewers.

Agree. We just need to set some deadlines.... Although I get in the bad situation where I keep re-writing the early parts because of setups that happen in the 4th book or whatever (which is probably just sabotaging myself)... :smirk:

edited May 2014

Yeah... I have ideas that could go many ways. So far in the storyline, the actual ending isn't truly as important as it may seem simply because I have been weaving several of them in my mind as I wrote the first episode, which isn't quite finished yet. Okay... to make it more clear, the ending is very important. But the first episodes play into it in a fashion that allow the final outcome to be somewhat flexible. EDIT: Because I'm planning to have many episode, not a trilogy.

I was originally planning on doing it just as a fun exercise in animation rendering, sound creation, voice acting and lip sync, scoring music to the final cut of the video, applying post effects,and turning out a final product, being something fun to watch. Over the last year, more likely two, I've been kicking around the idea of actually trying to market it instead. So that's another area of exploration that I would like to undergo, as I have no formal training in any of this - but my last many tests have been much nicer than anything I have on YouTube, by far.

So having the writer's guild sort of discussion area might also be beneficial in those areas as well... do you think? I'm sure there are folks around here besides the incredibly busy NASSOS whom might know the proper methods of entering into the world of publishing a film.

My latest idea was to include episode with a series of tutorials, both written and video, with content including stage setups, lighting rigs, shaders, effects presets, etc., and sell the whole thing reasonably here at DAZ 3D. To assist in that endeavor, I am working up music videos that play parts of the score with action shots from the episode, and other free viewing examples for YouTube. The tutorials would be a fairly exhaustive, well organized 'behind the scenes' series that includes the how-to's and example content. So that's one plan, but I have yet to present the idea to my boss or agent.

• MysticWingsMysticWings Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

Really liked to see the changes in carrara cafe! Congratulations!!
    I've already sign up, but haven't been there to much.... unfortunately... But you really have a great site there!!! :)

Anyway... I really have to organize myself... And going directly on the other part of the conversation, my book is already writen... really a huge book. And the idea was to get daz studio to create the characters body and then use it as a base for digital painting the illustrations... This started in the beginning of the year... But there was a little problem... I fall in love with 3d.... between getting addicted to tutorials and learning and wanting to learn more and more and entering carrara community which just help me to get more addict to 3d (it's a complement ;) ) I don't have a single illustration made ... in 4 months... I have 5 characters created... At least that!!! So now I am reorganizing myself... again... and this time I really have to dedicate more to the illustrations...

I will keep learning carrara anyway!! And coming here!! And carrara cafe... will start to hang out there some more... Like, working on the illustrations during the day, at night I can dedicate to carrara!! something like that :)

edited December 1969

The cool part is that now, when you do dig in on the illustrations, you have a much better understanding what you you can do - so they'll turn out better ;)

• MysticWingsMysticWings Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

The cool part is that now, when you do dig in on the illustrations, you have a much better understanding what you you can do - so they'll turn out better ;)

Truth!!! And for starting, rendering the characters in carrara with indirect and sky light actually give a completely different look to the skin - they seem less plastic than in ds!!!

I have to say... I'm really becoming a carrara addict/lover!! Specially after all those cool rendering tips I got here!!! I'm just finishing that troubled render today and then go to the illustrations ;) I want the book edited this year!! And hope to be able to do an english edition to after the portuguese one!! :)